Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think Crouch is a great upgrade target early on if that's possible. Or if any premium fails / doesn't look the goods it can be a straight swap or even a swap to gain some coin once his suspension is over
I’ve considered going an 80’s averaging player that might get off to a flyer then straight to Crouch round 3

Would you actually trade that player if they hit their strides early?
Well that’s the thing I guess isn’t it? Haha. Crouch priced at 90 would have been a lock. No rookies will have appreciated in coin enough by round 3 when he plays, they won’t be ready til like round 8-9 by which time Crouch might be priced at 100-105 or so. How do you make the most of his 90 pricing? It’s a tough one

Well that’s the thing I guess isn’t it? Haha. Crouch priced at 90 would have been a lock. No rookies will have appreciated in coin enough by round 3 when he plays, they won’t be ready til like round 8-9 by which time Crouch might be priced at 100-105 or so. How do you make the most of his 90 pricing? It’s a tough one
Yeah the only thing would be to sideways a mistake or underperformer. But if you don't have any it wouldn't make sense. But let's be real, we're all going to have some campaigner * us and this might be a get out of jail free card

Anyone else do a similar thing with the favourites button?

I think I might use it as a barrier to selecting left field pre season hype picks like I did with Darcy MacPherson last year.
I will highlight any player I have some sort of interest in, then if I end up selecting a player in my team that isn't on this list, it should act as a red flag that its a hype pick and nothing else.

I think I might use it as a barrier to selecting left field pre season hype picks like I did with Darcy MacPherson last year.
I will highlight any player I have some sort of interest in, then if I end up selecting a player in my team that isn't on this list, it should act as a red flag that its a hype pick and nothing else.
I have PTSD about him, went him and Brayshaw nothing traded both out

Been thinking about Jeremy Cameron a bit as an F3~.

- Priced at 488k (62 avg). Career best avg in 2019 of 87 with a solid team around him.

- I think in a premiership contending team like Geelong will be firing on all cylinders this year to try and win a flag.

- He'll have Hawkins to give him a chop out and take the teams best defender at FF, whilst Cameron can roam up the ground getting +6's.

The biggest factor for me though is that the inclusion of Smith/Higgins. Two dudes with fantastic ball use who will be providing him with silver service. 27 years old, middle of his prime. Writing is on the wall tbh.

What can he go at? I'm thinking at least 85 again, which would make him a worthwhile starter in the lack of quality forward options.

- Priced at 488k (62 avg). Career best avg in 2019 of 87 with a solid team around him.

- I think in a premiership contending team like Geelong will be firing on all cylinders this year to try and win a flag.

- He'll have Hawkins to give him a chop out and take the teams best defender at FF, whilst Cameron can roam up the ground getting +6's.

The biggest factor for me though is that the inclusion of Smith/Higgins. Two dudes with fantastic ball use who will be providing him with silver service. 27 years old, middle of his prime. Writing is on the wall tbh.

What can he go at? I'm thinking at least 85 again, which would make him a worthwhile starter in the lack of quality forward options.
Well he’s more proven, and cheaper than the Caldwell types

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's a bust he shouldn't be too hard to sideways to whoever has come out of the blocks

The downside is that you have to pick Jeremy Cameron in your side, I just don't know if I can do that.....

The downside is that you have to pick Jeremy Cameron in your side, I just don't know if I can do that.....

He was my second player locked into the forward line after danger. Think he will push back to 85-90 and has an excellent draw to start. Crows first up and could knock out a 120 to start the year

My structure will decide so much on the pre-season of some mid-prices.

If all goes well I want Milera, Rowell, Hately and Caldwell in my team but if there isn't many other players in the same price ranges I like, so if any of those have to go it means a re-structure :(

2nd edition.. fair few changes from the first

Whitfield, Laird, ZWil, L.Ryan, H.Young, DGB, 170k, 170k
Tadams, Danger, Taranto, Cunnington, Hately, W.Phillips, Powell, Valente, 170k, 170k
Grundy, Preuss, 170k
Dunkley, Heeney, T.Phillips, J.Cameron, Rowe, Brockman, 170k, 170k

Probably light on for the midfield.. but just dont like any of the cheaper options up foward. Happy with paying up in the backs.

Round 14 Bye starting to play a role a little

How many Round 14 Bye premiums are you starting with? (Coll, Melb, Freo, STK, Adel, Sydney)

Of the starting 13/14 premiums how many from those sides.

Important because in past years its been good to trade Round 14 premiums to players who have already had their bye in R12/13.

I only have Grundy and Heeney

Laird, T.Adams, Oliver and Fyfe would be the only others id be considering and the last 2 not so much
Oliver would be a great pick IMO

Yeh just hes priced at 116 which is starting to get a bit too high considering hes never gone over 110 before

But as i said in the mid thread hes one of the few premo mids im considering and would be the most expensive mid i go
Think his adjusted average last year was 114 odd. Probably unlikely to see a tag anymore with Petracca becoming so dominant. You can pretty much lock him in for 95+ every week he's so consistent. Definitely in the convo for M1 and bye structure might sway me when I look at it a bit more closely

Think his adjusted average last year was 114 odd. Probably unlikely to see a tag anymore with Petracca becoming so dominant. You can pretty much lock him in for 95+ every week he's so consistent. Definitely in the convo for M1 and bye structure might sway me when I look at it a bit more closely
It feels better having an Adams, Zerrett, Oliver etc at M1. A big reliable 115 guy who you can throw the C on

Yeh your right. I keep looking at dtlive for avgs and they seem slightly different to fanfooty.

Yeh exaclty what i said in the midfielders thread not long ago

Its hard to see if Melbourne improve aswell. I dont think they do maybe stagnate a bit. If i wanted a real top end premium mid id be pickinn him thats for sure and as we said that bye could be crucial and is certainly something that needs to play a role with little quality premiums from thst round 14 group.

I will say byes will be played differently this year by many coaches. It might be about taking 2 donuts in the opening round and then being super solid for the last 2 weeks

About version 50 and think it’s settled for now until we start getting some PS games and more details about training.

Back: Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Williams, Milera, Jones (170/170)

Mid: Gaff, J Kelly, Dangerfield, Taranto, Hately, Phillips, Cockatoo, Gulden (170/170)

Ruck: Grundy, Preuss (170)

Fwd: Phillips, Caldwell, Cameron, Perkins, Macrae, Rowe (170/170)

Bye structure lines up pretty well across all lines and think this is a year to go a bit cheaper up forward and strong down back to start.

Now to try and not change it just for the sake of it.

About version 50 and think it’s settled for now until we start getting some PS games and more details about training.

Back: Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Williams, Milera, Jones (170/170)

Mid: Gaff, J Kelly, Dangerfield, Taranto, Hately, Phillips, Cockatoo, Gulden (170/170)

Ruck: Grundy, Preuss (170)

Fwd: Phillips, Caldwell, Cameron, Perkins, Macrae, Rowe (170/170)

Bye structure lines up pretty well across all lines and think this is a year to go a bit cheaper up forward and strong down back to start.

Now to try and not change it just for the sake of it.
Whats your theory around starting Danger and Cockatoo as fwds in the mids?

Im goinng a bit different a bit heavier forward and alot lighter in defenders with say a Rowell added to the mids

I will be a bit surprised if many of these top u18 kids who havnt played for 18 months all of a sudden are allowed to do 3 months of AFL training and play round 1. I think alot of them will be eased far more and debuts more rounds 4-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back