AFLW AFLW Fantasy Trades thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking I basically have 3 must trades this week-Priest, Parker & Blackburn

Prioritising bringing in solid mids, Rowbottom and Anderson. Which leaves me 753k to spend on a defender. Thinking I might just have a punt on D'arcy. She's priced low for her season average and has had a few pretty tough matchups recently. Floor has been mid 40s which isn't abysmal for a defender. 2k off being able to afford Pound but don't think she's worth making any adjustments for. Could go Allen for an even cheaper option coming off a 76 but her 26 a few weeks ago worries me.

Would leave me with this team, 106k in the bank and a bit of cash on the bench to make a splash in the last 2 rounds.

View attachment 1835423
Nice upgrades for you!

I'm also thinking about a defender downgrade if Priest is named in defence. Interested to see if Verrier is named in the middle as she was for her highest scoring game... If so, I have enough cash to also go Bruton -> Rowbottom and Scholz -> Strom.

Ouch for Morphett owners especially those who brought her in when many seemed to. Stiff. Alexia Hamilton probably shoulders the ruck, now? 369k just annoying she's a forward.

Makes Edmonds this week, Frederick next week & Strom in R10 have better runs home, though.

Ouch for Morphett owners especially those who brought her in when many seemed to. Stiff. Alexia Hamilton probably shoulders the ruck, now? 369k just annoying she's a forward.

Makes Edmonds this week, Frederick next week & Strom in R10 have better runs home, though.
With Saints this week and Swans without Morphett Rd 10 I'm thinking/hoping Strom could be R1 for the last 3 rounds

Edmonds is a test for this week with a possible finger injury. Will have to wait for teams to be named, but she could be the more affordable option (and has West Coast next week) if you can't get Moody.

With Saints this week and Swans without Morphett Rd 10 I'm thinking/hoping Strom could be R1 for the last 3 rounds
Having Morphett as a matchup was what made it a good matchup because she gave away a lot of points.

Was probably going to move on Scholz this week as my main move via Caris down to Darcie Davies (+82k) or a rookie ruck if selected

Options are:
Moody (GWS -> Ess -> STK ), 1.016m, 80ppg, 87 L3, 91 BE
S Wales (WCE -> Carl -> GC), 946k, 74ppg, 82 L3, 73 BE
Strom (STK -> Melb -> Syd), 929k, 82ppg, 77 L3, 80 BE
Edmonds (Syd -> WCE -> NM), 916k, 77ppg, 77 L3, 99 BE
Hickie (Adel -> STK -> Melb), 796k, 65ppg, 70 L3, 64 BE
L Wales (Rich -> PA -> Geel), 755k, 61ppg, 64 L3, 68 BE

All have risk. If Good is out or impaired, Moody's clearly the play.

I was probably going to go Steph Wales with her formline/POD-ness and matchup this week, but the Morphett injury makes Strom more appealing as well as Edmonds. Edmonds a risk with the high BE & 'test' on the injury list.

I still like Lucy Wales too, but she didn't spike to last year's CBA/ruck levels even with Tamara Luke out of the side.

Was probably going to move on Scholz this week as my main move via Caris down to Darcie Davies (+82k) or a rookie ruck if selected

Options are:
Moody (GWS -> Ess -> STK ), 1.016m, 80ppg, 87 L3, 91 BE
S Wales (WCE -> Carl -> GC), 946k, 74ppg, 82 L3, 73 BE
Strom (STK -> Melb -> Syd), 929k, 82ppg, 77 L3, 80 BE
Edmonds (Syd -> WCE -> NM), 916k, 77ppg, 77 L3, 99 BE
Hickie (Adel -> STK -> Melb), 796k, 65ppg, 70 L3, 64 BE
L Wales (Rich -> PA -> Geel), 755k, 61ppg, 64 L3, 68 BE

All have risk. If Good is out or impaired, Moody's clearly the play.

I was probably going to go Steph Wales with her formline/POD-ness and matchup this week, but the Morphett injury makes Strom more appealing as well as Edmonds. Edmonds a risk with the high BE & 'test' on the injury list.

I still like Lucy Wales too, but she didn't spike to last year's CBA/ruck levels even with Tamara Luke out of the side.

I'm tempted, knowing sideways trades will be the thing over the next few weeks anyway with no cash gen / teams nearly complete, to go Steph Wales this week and flip her into Edmonds next week. You'd think with the matchup Wales at worst breaks even on Edmonds, and given the BE difference, if they score the same the cash between the two changes 70k in Wales's favour.

Then a week to look at Edmonds with the finger and trade into her with a nice matchup.

Unfortunately Exon has been rested so another forced trade for me. Thinking of bringing in another POD for POD.

Might have a punt on Dupuy against the Power and hope she can kick a few snags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just odd team sheet naming IMO

Yeah, they named McWilliams rover last week. So not notoriously honest like some sides are. Moody at CHF last week & this week so could just be the template was duplicated and they moved Good out and someone in for her.

Just feels weird that they'd go to the trouble of putting Trudgeon to CHB, Cordner from CHB to Ruck to replace Good instead of simply moving Moody there. Hopefully they haven't decided she's too structurally important to move out of that 50% forward role.

Is Moody worth the extra coin over Strom (Edmonds replacement)

I think so, but I'm still tossing up whether I go Steph Wales this week then move her on next week.

Baby drop in Strom's ruck contests last week with Tighe spiking quite a bit. Most of that Tighe spike was replacing what was previously done by Hetherington/Wielstra and then some real backups (Roux/Antonio), but did eat into Strom a bit. I'd be concerned enough that perhaps they're looking to use Tighe as a bit of an x-factor to sit it out.

1k short of Priest -> Stannett, Scholz -> Moody, Caris -> D. Davies.

• Do I go Priest to D'Arcy (& 136k) or Allen (& 208k) instead?
  • Do I go Davies down to a red dot and just cop 3x red dots now (+ Huntington & Tripodi, so no cash gen at all)
  • Do I keep Priest, and instead generate the 40k I need to do the other trade by going Hore to Goldsworthy or Tripodi to a 0 anyway.

The issue I have is that I'm really very happy with my team. Weak links are Evans/Priest (Evans can stay), Scholz (going this week), G Prespakis (not comfortable in any mid I could move to this week in her place), Hore (not really a weak link, just annoying matchups) & Molloy (nice matchup & priced so low that I'd need to find 229k to get her to Zarlie, 169k to Frederick, or 130k to Barr). So even if I do Priest -> Allen/Scholz -> Moody, I can only get Molloy up to Paxman or lower.

I could go Priest -> Allen, Scholz -> Wales/Strom, and then take Molloy to Zarlie instead, but I'm not sure Zarlie over Molloy is worth risking Allen & giving up Moody to a weaker ruck for?

I think I'm leaning towards going D'Arcy over Stannett and keeping some cash for next week. Defence is a lotto these days. I like Stannett, but who knows what happens with Bowers back, right?

There's just no clear Priest replacement. O'Driscoll/Stannett have risks, Pound/Heads form no good, McEvoy/D'Arcy/Grider vanilla, Allen super risky, Koenen maybe but just a risk.

How about Jorja Borg instead of Davies? Downside is it may be a one week play. Upside is a better role and may make some cash and you get to do the other trades you want.

Didn't notice she was in. That's PERFECT I reckon. Stannett looks a lot more appealing for me now too with Verrier out, one less potential thief in there (but I think they'll roll with Bowers/Lally/Stannett/East, O'Sullivan/Kauffman/Miller seem out of the mix and the team sheet certainly suggests so too)

Actually I just checked. Interesting on their team sheet. Yesterday it was Lally RR, Stannett Rover, Bowers centre, Verrier wing. Now Lally wing, East RR, Mulder centre Bowers bench. Seems odd /deliberate to shift Bowers to the bench on the friday sheet when Verrier's out anyway? Weird.

Maybe she has a great vertical leap?
she's only 3cm shorter than Moody and she has actually rucked at points in her career... what if they do a sortof of forward/backward ruck thing with Moody up the front and Cordner at the back?

Would be a truly wild hare to go for... but so cheap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back