AFLW AFLW Fantasy Trades thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently considering

Busch > 300k
Morrison > Frederick
Barr > Roberts

I really want Toogood in for Molloy but it does compromise my options for third trade. If I go with ^ then I should be able to get her in for Molloy next week, facilitated by downgrading Mackin, if Toogood outscores Molloy by less than 40 points this week.

Other option is Molloy > Toogood and Morrison > Hore/Roberts and keeping Barr as I wouldn't be able to get her to anyone good. Is that better than ^? Can't decide

Currently considering

Busch > 300k
Morrison > Frederick
Barr > Roberts

I really want Toogood in for Molloy but it does compromise my options for third trade. If I go with ^ then I should be able to get her in for Molloy next week, facilitated by downgrading Mackin, if Toogood outscores Molloy by less than 40 points this week.

Other option is Molloy > Toogood and Morrison > Hore/Roberts and keeping Barr as I wouldn't be able to get her to anyone good. Is that better than ^? Can't decide
So it's either:
  • Frederick/Roberts/Molloy
  • Toogood/Roberts/Barr
  • Toogood/Hore/Barr

I prefer Molloy over Barr, but I prefer Toogood over Frederick. Both Toogood and Frederick have great matchups, it's just who will go bigger. If you keep Barr, you might have to keep her for final round as she has a high BE.

I really, really like Frederick this week. Scoring's been good, improving nearly each week as she seems to grow into the role, and should have an easy matchup this week (Bella Smith is 6 foot and a defender normally, to be fair, so maybe she won't be an easybeat in the ruck and could follow and defend better around the ground? but it should be easy)

I really, really like Frederick this week. Scoring's been good, improving nearly each week as she seems to grow into the role, and should have an easy matchup this week (Bella Smith is 6 foot and a defender normally, to be fair, so maybe she won't be an easybeat in the ruck and could follow and defend better around the ground? but it should be easy)
Definitely a good POD. Not many in top 100 have her.

I was going to get Chelsea Randall this week, but forgot that Rajcic is due to give birth any day now. It might mean sleepless nights and fatigued Chelsea or possibility of missing the match if baby is born the night before.

Think I'm settled on Barr to Frederick over Molloy to Toogood. Comes down to BE, Molloy will be much easier to move next week, and Toogood may still be within reach.

Then is it silly to go Roberts over Hore in for Morrison? Just feel like she could really go big against Bulldogs after what Molloy did last week

Next week trades thinking Mackin > 300k, Anderson or Prespakis > Hatchard or Bowers & Molloy > Toogood if money allows

I was going to get Chelsea Randall this week, but forgot that Rajcic is due to give birth any day now. It might mean sleepless nights and fatigued Chelsea or possibility of missing the match if baby is born the night before.
real 4D chess here.

I'm glad I was already moving Tighe on, and hope she comes back well.

Dunno if Frederick will be such a POD this week after all, will be interesting to see.

real 4D chess here.

I'm glad I was already moving Tighe on, and hope she comes back well.

Dunno if Frederick will be such a POD this week after all, will be interesting to see.
Randall plays Sunday afternoon and whoever I trade to her would lock the trade out before then. Would be too risky even with more midfield/forward time with Allan back.

Yeh, a lot of people jumping on Frederick, because everyone else is so risky.

Think I'm settled on Barr to Frederick over Molloy to Toogood. Comes down to BE, Molloy will be much easier to move next week, and Toogood may still be within reach.

Then is it silly to go Roberts over Hore in for Morrison? Just feel like she could really go big against Bulldogs after what Molloy did last week

Next week trades thinking Mackin > 300k, Anderson or Prespakis > Hatchard or Bowers & Molloy > Toogood if money allows
I would do the same in that situation.
Borg and Boltz to Wielstra and Webb

Then Whitfort to Bowers. Probably going to backfire, but that's the fun of it right ?
Bowers scored very well considering her TOG. Maybe they were easing her in. I only watched the second half and she seemed good, but her possessions were more uncontested than contested. Maybe she's carrying soreness.

realised I can actually afford Toogood over Frederick, is it worth the difference? I guess it's just 150k sitting there otherwise.

realised I can actually afford Toogood over Frederick, is it worth the difference? I guess it's just 150k sitting there otherwise.
Toogood has been more consistent, so if you can afford her without compromising your team with having to downgrade someone on field, then definitely go for it.

I think Stannett gets a reprieve from me this week even though I suspect she's only good for 50-65, just by virtue of the final round matchup meaning she'll hopefully go at 65 over the 2 week block and that's not worth burning a trade on I don't reckon.

Also think unless I need the cash, it's probably worth backing Moody in. Hopefully her dominance last week + Good not being 100% means she gets that ruck split in her favour again. Part of me thinks it's worth risking it and trading her for Edmonds knowing the matchup is easy, but then I'd want to trade Edmonds (v NM) out for a Moody (v STK) or Strom (v SYD) in the final round anyway, so it's a risk. But annoyingly probably means I drop ground to non Stannett/Moody owners this week and make it back next. Hopefully I can use the trades well next week and not regret missing the chance to sideways.

Leaves the trade out contenders for mine as:
Sheerin (tag risk, a good chance to drop cash, 2x not great matchups. Reason not to is the lack of clear cut defensive options to bring in)
Hore (no Harris means closer to home this week, high BE and vs Brisbane next week, so one I'd want to trade anyway)
Molloy (fwd heavy role not likely to be as prolific against Collingwood, now priced well above output, but low BE)
Morrison (drop in CBAs last 2, and 3 wk average of 68, but Richmond into Hawthorn both easy on the scale)
Georgie P (love her to bits, and been a nice 2 week addition, but consistently in that 80-100 mix and can see her getting a tag this week)
Garner (Randall attention surely coming, but then WB the next week means she'd be a trade back in)

Went into the week thinking Molloy was an autotrade given the role & matchup this week, take the luck and run. But the more the week goes on the more I'm thinking perhaps Hore (worst trade in ever a fortnight ago) and Morrison are higher priorities to move on.

Still struggling to identify targets.

Roberts: v WB seems a no-brainer but she had coaches votes last week despite only 47 pts. 0 CBAs last week, but named on the ball this week?
Frederick: 5 week average of 89 & matchup is nice. But still feels a little untrustworthy.
Conway: on a wing vs Stk seems a nice matchup, form is nice
Zreika: 90/59/82/86 last 4, high tackle game. Not super spenny, GC into PA last 2. 11 tackles per game in that run though, feels unsustainable with low CBAs.
Barr: dicey form, but nice run home
Randall: CBAs spiked v WB before reverting to 0 last week. A huge risk but v NM surely gets a run?
Houghton: nice run home, but I'm not sure I can trust her
Hooker: form has been a bit meh the last month, but high TOG and WB suck, maybe a smart POD?
Paxy: low TOG last week, disjointed season, but maybe worth a hit in hope? Brisbane last round a negative.
Moloney: increased CBAs haven't given any extra fantasy production. But a punt that they should?

Conti: too good consecutively to not tag, surely
Maddy P: great matchup but a date with Lucy Single in round 10
Blackburn: great matchup, but suspect WCE put a lot of time into her then a date with NM in R10
Hatchard: High BE, hard matchup, but cheap & easier in R10
Bowers: biiiiig risk
Anderson: Safe bet, cheaper than she should be, easy matchup, but Melbourne in R10
Whitfort: maybe a nice POD? More tackles available with no Single, not expensive, uber-consistent, and GWS into Essendon not bad
Bonnici: form picked up, Sydney into Richmond a nice finish
McDonald: uber-consistent, and Richmond into Hawks a nice finish, might benefit from Georgie P being tagged
Bates: maybe a POD? price tanked thanks to the tag, but Port into Geelong - probably doesn't et the attention and avg 100 with only 1 score below 96 excluding the tag game

Heads: nice run home, but not sure I trust her
Koenen: nice matchup, but body of work is iffy
A. Smith: dirt cheap, but given the form, a huge risk
Allen: super cheap vs what she can do, named on a wing, nice run home, but Butler out might send her back?
B. Walker: low TOG, but midfield role has been fruitful the last couple. big risk.

At this stage leaning Hore -> Roberts, Molloy -> Frederick, Prespakis -> Whitfort. But to do that I'd need to lock Georgie P in tonight and I hate that. No cash carried over, so to move George up 100k I'd need to find it by moving someone else down that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Stannett gets a reprieve from me this week even though I suspect she's only good for 50-65, just by virtue of the final round matchup meaning she'll hopefully go at 65 over the 2 week block and that's not worth burning a trade on I don't reckon.

Also think unless I need the cash, it's probably worth backing Moody in. Hopefully her dominance last week + Good not being 100% means she gets that ruck split in her favour again. Part of me thinks it's worth risking it and trading her for Edmonds knowing the matchup is easy, but then I'd want to trade Edmonds (v NM) out for a Moody (v STK) or Strom (v SYD) in the final round anyway, so it's a risk. But annoyingly probably means I drop ground to non Stannett/Moody owners this week and make it back next. Hopefully I can use the trades well next week and not regret missing the chance to sideways.

Sheerin (tag risk, a good chance to drop cash, 2x not great matchups. Reason not to is the lack of clear cut defensive options to bring in)
Hore (no Harris means closer to home this week, high BE and vs Brisbane next week, so one I'd want to trade anyway)
Molloy (fwd heavy role not likely to be as prolific against Collingwood, now priced well above output, but low BE)
Morrison (drop in CBAs last 2, and 3 wk average of 68, but Richmond into Hawthorn both easy on the scale)
Georgie P (love her to bits, and been a nice 2 week addition, but consistently in that 80-100 mix and can see her getting a tag this week)
Garner (Randall attention surely coming, but then WB the next week means she'd be a trade back in)

Went into the week thinking Molloy was an autotrade given the role & matchup this week, take the luck and run. But the more the week goes on the more I'm thinking perhaps Hore (worst trade in ever a fortnight ago) and Morrison are higher priorities to move on.

Roberts: v WB seems a no-brainer but she had coaches votes last week despite only 47 pts. 0 CBAs last week, but named on the ball this week?
Frederick: 5 week average of 89 & matchup is nice. But still feels a little untrustworthy.
Zreika: 90/59/82/86 last 4, high tackle game. Not super spenny, GC into PA last 2. 11 tackles per game in that run though, feels unsustainable with low CBAs.
Randall: CBAs spiked v WB before reverting to 0 last week. A huge risk but v NM surely gets a run?
Hooker: form has been a bit meh the last month, but high TOG and WB suck, maybe a smart POD?
Paxy: low TOG last week, disjointed season, but maybe worth a hit in hope? Brisbane last round a negative.
Moloney: increased CBAs haven't given any extra fantasy production. But a punt that they should?

Blackburn: great matchup, but suspect WCE put a lot of time into her then a date with NM in R10
Anderson: Safe bet, cheaper than she should be, easy matchup, but Melbourne in R10
Whitfort: maybe a nice POD? More tackles available with no Single, not expensive, uber-consistent, and GWS into Essendon not bad
McDonald: uber-consistent, and Richmond into Hawks a nice finish, might benefit from Georgie P being tagged
Bates: maybe a POD? price tanked thanks to the tag, but Port into Geelong - probably doesn't et the attention and avg 100 with only 1 score below 96 excluding the tag game

Allen: super cheap vs what she can do, named on a wing, nice run home, but Butler out might send her back?
B. Walker: low TOG, but midfield role has been fruitful the last couple. big risk.

At this stage leaning Hore -> Roberts, Molloy -> Frederick, Prespakis -> Whitfort. But to do that I'd need to lock Georgie P in tonight and I hate that. No cash carried over, so to move George up 100k I'd need to find it by moving someone else down that much.
Zreika: Next week is pride round and last time Zreika refused to wear the guernsey, so may not play.
Chelsea Randall will return to her role of midfield/forward. My only concern is Rajcic is due to give birth any day now. With a Sunday matchup, what if she is in labour the night before or right before the game. She'd want to be with her partner.

Roberts is a consideration, but anyone know why she didn't have any CBAs last week? What if West Coast think that's the winning formula and leave Gibson in midfield over Roberts?

Last edited:
Good shout on Zreika. Worth avoiding just in case. Ditto Randall. Even if she's in the guts, there's nothing about her form while in there this year that screams pick her.

Leaning towards avoiding GWS/GC tonight and just making the call tomorrow.

But just short of cash on every option. Not sure I can move Georgie P to Anderson/Hatchy and Molloy to Sabrina without finding 76k via a downgrade, and there's nobody I could downgrade Hore/Morrison to at those prices that feels worth the risk. It might even be a Riddell/Garner to Conti/Maddy P to do it. Or Stannett -> Heads or Sheerin -> Koenen/Allen. And ugh. Yuck.

Maybe forgetting Sabrina and going Molloy -> Roberts, Morrison -> Conway/Paxy & Georgie P to Anderson might be the play? I dunno.

Perhaps full send with Bates is the play. Prespakis -> Bates, Morrison -> Frederick, then Hore -> Roberts & 3k or Sheerin -> Heads & 25k or Molloy -> Roberts & 53k (or Tripodi/Borg to 300k and bank for next week) might be the play. Moloney probably goes to Bates, right? But can't imagine it takes her out of it?

Good shout on Zreika. Worth avoiding just in case. Ditto Randall. Even if she's in the guts, there's nothing about her form while in there this year that screams pick her.

Leaning towards avoiding GWS/GC tonight and just making the call tomorrow.

But just short of cash on every option. Not sure I can move Georgie P to Anderson/Hatchy and Molloy to Sabrina without finding 76k via a downgrade, and there's nobody I could downgrade Hore/Morrison to at those prices that feels worth the risk. It might even be a Riddell/Garner to Conti/Maddy P to do it. Or Stannett -> Heads or Sheerin -> Koenen/Allen. And ugh. Yuck.

Maybe forgetting Sabrina and going Molloy -> Roberts, Morrison -> Conway/Paxy & Georgie P to Anderson might be the play? I dunno.

Perhaps full send with Bates is the play. Prespakis -> Bates, Morrison -> Frederick, then Hore -> Roberts & 3k or Sheerin -> Heads & 25k or Molloy -> Roberts & 53k (or Tripodi/Borg to 300k and bank for next week) might be the play. Moloney probably goes to Bates, right? But can't imagine it takes her out of it?
That last option sounds the most risky.

Melbourne forecast for tomorrow: windy

‘Partly cloudy. Winds northerly 35 to 50 km/h decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the evening then shifting west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.’

Melbourne / Freo at 12:35 at Casey, then StK/Brisbane 2:35 at RSEA, and Ess/Carl 2:35 at Windy Hill

Worth getting spooked about?

‘Partly cloudy. Winds northerly 35 to 50 km/h decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the evening then shifting west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.’

Melbourne / Freo at 12:35 at Casey, then StK/Brisbane 2:35 at RSEA, and Ess/Carl 2:35 at Windy Hill

Sick of these windy games where no one can mark the ball and everyone scores low.

I'd say it makes me feel slightly better about not getting Toogood this week but she went fine in the wind last week 🙃

Just on Brooke Walker, she probably keeps the 50% CBA role this week even with Vogt back as Cain is out with concussion. But presumably Cain is back next week and then she probably loses the CBAs, as Essendon's rotation when everyone's available has been Prespakis, Nanscawen, Cain, Vogt

Wind last Sunday in Melbourne was between 45-60kmh where it cooked the Essendon game.

So far this morning it's around 45-52 as well. And not forecast to change. So probably the same.

For the uneducated and dumb, how's that materially going to impact the melbourne games today? I presume less marks, less likelihood to kick to kick in defence, more contests/stoppages?

So generally points down across the board, but weighted heavily against defenders and marking forwards, with small bonuses to prolific tacklers & rucks?

Sheerin -> Koenen (high CBA, windy so high tackles, no Svarc who's their #1 tackler)
then
Hore -> Frederick
& one of G Prespakis to Sherar & 31k, McDonald & 49k, Bates & 118k or Swanson & 141k (Keep Molloy/Morrison)
or Morrison -> Roberts & 2k (Keep Prespakis/Molloy)

or
Sheerin -> Koenen
Molloy -> Frederick
G Prespakis -> Hatchard & 1k, Bowers & 6k, or Anderson & 9k

I reckon Anderson might cop some heat this week though.

Anyone have any gut feels? I'm pretty locked in on Koenen to fund these as a super POD unique.

Sheerin -> Koenen (high CBA, windy so high tackles, no Svarc who's their #1 tackler)
then
Hore -> Frederick
& one of G Prespakis to Sherar & 31k, McDonald & 49k, Bates & 118k or Swanson & 141k (Keep Molloy/Morrison)
or Morrison -> Roberts & 2k (Keep Prespakis/Molloy)

or
Sheerin -> Koenen
Molloy -> Frederick
G Prespakis -> Hatchard & 1k, Bowers & 6k, or Anderson & 9k

I reckon Anderson might cop some heat this week though.

Anyone have any gut feels? I'm pretty locked in on Koenen to fund these as a super POD unique.
I like both sets of trades, I'd probably go Morrison> Roberts over Sherar/McDonald/Bates/Swanson for Prespakis, if second option I like both Hatchard and Anderson. Bowers feels quite risky. I expect Anderson to go well this week, matchup next week a bit of a concern but her floor this season has been 90

Remove this Banner Ad

Back