AFLW AFLW Fantasy Trades thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't notice [Borg] was in.
Replaced McFarlane in the side today. Not much press on it, so I figured some would have missed it.

Seems odd /deliberate to shift Bowers to the bench on the friday sheet when Verrier's out anyway? Weird.
It's definitely weird, but I don't know what to read into it. If Bowers isn't playing, they could have just dropped her from the final team an hour before game time.

she's only 3cm shorter than Moody and she has actually rucked at points in her career... what if they do a sortof of forward/backward ruck thing with Moody up the front and Cordner at the back?

Would be a truly wild hare to go for... but so cheap
They probably want to keep Moody for her forward stints because it gives them another option up forward. If anything, this will bring Cordner into the game more.

They probably want to keep Moody for her forward stints because it gives them another option up forward. If anything, this will bring Cordner into the game more.
Yeah... can't really see who else on their team would be likely to ruck.

Thinking Cordner or Allen now.... Allen wins on the BE side

Otherwise I throw away the Rowbottom plans, get a decent defender and do a midfield downgrade like Bruton to Davey, but not sure that's going to work out for me twice.

Out of the two, should I upgrade Dowrick or Bruton? Downgrading Busch and Gee to rookies means I can push Dowrick up to Hatchard, or I can push Bruton up to Garner.

Other mids are settled in Noffy, Rowbottom and Riddell.

Ruck is Strom and will stay. I'm happy to keep D'Arcy in defence now and Grider I'll take a leap of faith on too. Evans, Sheerin and Thomas will stay.

Forwards I'm settled on with only Barr a question mark with her injury last week...Gardiner, Toogood, Morrison and Roberts make up a pretty good line.

Out of the two, should I upgrade Dowrick or Bruton? Downgrading Busch and Gee to rookies means I can push Dowrick up to Hatchard, or I can push Bruton up to Garner.

Other mids are settled in Noffy, Rowbottom and Riddell.

Ruck is Strom and will stay. I'm happy to keep D'Arcy in defence now and Grider I'll take a leap of faith on too. Evans, Sheerin and Thomas will stay.

Forwards I'm settled on with only Barr a question mark with her injury last week...Gardiner, Toogood, Morrison and Roberts make up a pretty good line.
Bruton I reckon... sell high. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Allen named on the wing with Schleicher back in the team who's named in defence? Wondering if she could be a go. Going her instead of D'Arcy would let me get Riddell instead of Anderson. But then also not sure if there's much to gain there given she's got the dees this week..

Not sure whether, given my position and the time left, it's wise to discuss trades publicly this week? What do you guys reckon - risky or eh?

Had a look at the 5 teams around me that seem to be the most likely contenders (there's a gap to 7 IMO) and then the top 15.

In the top 5, my 'uniques' are
Stannett, Moody, Hore, Molloy (3/5), Georgie P (2/5), Sheerin, Riddell, Toogood, Morrison (1/5)
vs
Zarlie (4/5), Strom/Roberts (3/5), Heads (2/5), D'Arcy, Allen, Maddy P, Hatchy, Bowers, Single (1/5)

In the 14 others of the top 15, my uniques are
Stannett (12/14), Hore (11/14), Toogood/Moody (7/14), Sheerin/Georgie P (5/14), Molloy (3/14), Morrison (2/14), Riddell (1/14)
vs
Zarlie (11/14), Roberts/Strom (7/14), Heads (5/14), Allen (4/14), D'Arcy/Maddy P/Barr (3/14), Emonson/O'Driscoll/Bowers/Single (2/14), BSmith, Hatchard (1/14)

Interesting how Molloy is so commonly owned in that top 15, yet in the top 5 she's a relative unique. And Stannett is a unique for me over the entire chasing pack, with both the common owners up top.

Just have to figure out which 'uniques' I have I want to ride in, and which I'd like to cash out of. Likewise, which commonly owned ones I don't have I want to equalise, and which I want to ride out.

Given price/Single risk I reckon I need to just ride out not having Zarlie to the end. But with Melbourne this week (and her 22 point second half this week) I feel pretty concerned about Stannett being a liability to me.

I can't believe Kate Hore is my 2nd most unique player after I farkin broke the bank to bring her in a fortnight ago. So clearly the worst move of the year. I reckon it's worth holding vs Freo though?

Tempted to cash out of Molloy now too. Lots will hold I imagine, but vs her old side, they'll target her no doubt, she'll get a hard matchup and doesn't have the CBA role. Almost think it might be worth selling on a high - Roberts matchup v WB is a concern.

Maddy P v Carlton could be a bit of a risk to not have too. A few nobody has that I'm at least giving a little thought to:

Conti v Geelong with her form, Anderson v STK with Priest not tagging, Blackburn v WCE usually easy points, McDonald v Richmond, Bates v Port Adelaide, Swanson v WB, Koenen with a CBA role and vs STK, Edmonds if she's back v WCE, Frederick rucking solo vs a ruck-less Sydney.

But think Blackburn probably cops some heat from Swanson/McCarthy, Koenen in the mids hasn't spiked the scoring hard, and Edmonds even vs WCE probably not worth losing Moody for (if Good is still out).

Any generic thoughts/advice/POD recommendations?

Not sure whether, given my position and the time left, it's wise to discuss trades publicly this week? What do you guys reckon - risky or eh?
Haha yeah I sortof assumed you guys at the top had stopped posting much for that reason. Or that you're just throwing red herrings out here!

Currently thinking
Busch > 300k
Morrison > Hore
Molloy > Toogood

25k short of being able to trade out Barr instead of Morrison.

Keen to sell high on Molloy, I think she'll come right back down to earth this week against Collingwood, and I feel like the forwardline is where I can make the most gains.

All my mids are either clear top 5 or have a favorable matchup this week, my defence is a bit meh but I don't think there's enough to be gained making any moves there, Stannett the one I don't have who I'd like to but she's got a tough matchup this week. Could sideways Sheerin to Kearney I guess but I feel like most likely that's only a 10-15 point gain.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 164953.png

Haha yeah I sortof assumed you guys at the top had stopped posting much for that reason. Or that you're just throwing red herrings out here!

Haha, I've not stopped. Now is the first time I'm thinking about whether it's worth it or not. Have generally done exactly what I've said in this thread, and it's worked so far.

I doubt many of the other contenders would be lurking this thread or anything, but I guess if they're as much of an overthinker as me they'd be scouring the internet for anything they could find so who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Zarlie worth trading in, especially at her price. She's priced well over her average and chances of kicking a bag of 5 again is unlikely. She's just had an easy 3 week run against St Kilda, West Coast and Carlton which are easier sides to score against.

The upside is that even if she doesn't go big, she'll probably still get 70-80 and will reach her BE. She has Port in the final round.

The downside of not picking her up is, she has a low BE, so unlikely to drop much if at all (may even increase) and has Port next week. She also costs a ridiculous amount.

52k to spend
Morrison > Hore
vs
Barr > Rowe/Paxman?

Would rather keep Morrison than Barr, but is the in of Hore worth it vs getting one of the other options? 8k short of Roberts and 25k short of Hore if I trade out Barr

52k to spend
Morrison > Hore
vs
Barr > Rowe/Paxman?

Would rather keep Morrison than Barr, but is the in of Hore worth it vs getting one of the other options? 8k short of Roberts and 25k short of Hore if I trade out Barr
As a Barr and Morrison owner, Barr must go. More CBA opportunity with Parker/Beeson out and still only scores around 60.

Is Zarlie worth trading in, especially at her price. She's priced well over her average and chances of kicking a bag of 5 again is unlikely. She's just had an easy 3 week run against St Kilda, West Coast and Carlton which are easier sides to score against.

The upside is that even if she doesn't go big, she'll probably still get 70-80 and will reach her BE. She has Port in the final round.

The downside of not picking her up is, she has a low BE, so unlikely to drop much if at all (may even increase) and has Port next week. She also costs a ridiculous amount.
I think she's good for 100 for sure, without Parker in the side and no tag.
Whether that's worth the price idk.

For me I think it's time to get off Tighe (facing Melbourne), so currently on Aurora Smith downgrade, Strom -> Moody and Tighe -> Roberts.
Only just got Strom, maybe I should ride it out, but Moody feels painful not to have.

I think she's good for 100 for sure, without Parker in the side and no tag.
Whether that's worth the price idk.

For me I think it's time to get off Tighe (facing Melbourne), so currently on Aurora Smith downgrade, Strom -> Moody and Tighe -> Roberts.
Only just got Strom, maybe I should ride it out, but Moody feels painful not to have.
Hard to know with Moody. Might depend if Good is back or not. Wales is a better opponent than all 4 GWS rucks, but Moody dominated against her last year. This is also followed by the final round against St Kilda which is the easiest ruck opposition in the league. Strom has a tougher opponent in Pearce, but then has the easy matchup of Sydney without Morphett.

Right now for me, it's either get Goldsworthy or Moody

Hard to know with Moody. Might depend if Good is back or not. Wales is a better opponent than all 4 GWS rucks, but Moody dominated against her last year. This is also followed by the final round against St Kilda which is the easiest ruck opposition in the league. Strom has a tougher opponent in Pearce, but then has the easy matchup of Sydney without Morphett.

Right now for me, it's either get Goldsworthy or Moody
The idea of the 4 ruck lineup cracks me up as a GWS fan, not gonna lie. Just sums up my bafflement about what position various people in our team actually play. Also has a 'if you can't tie knots, tie lots' quality to it.

Yeah will keep an eye on Good.

The idea of the 4 ruck lineup cracks me up as a GWS fan, not gonna lie. Just sums up my bafflement about what position various people in our team actually play. Also has a 'if you can't tie knots, tie lots' quality to it.

Yeah will keep an eye on Good.
Yeh, what on earth are GWS doing. I mean, the Crows play 3 rucks, but 1 of them is mostly forward. 4 is just overboard.

Yeh, what on earth are GWS doing. I mean, the Crows play 3 rucks, but 1 of them is mostly forward. 4 is just overboard.
well I didn't think we recruited Teagan Germech as a ruck originally, and she seems to have gone back to defence. So it's not that bad, but it sounds funny.

thinking now about a double forward upgrade.
Aurora Smith -> 300k
Tighe -> Roberts
Morrison -> Toogood - or Frederick?

Means sticking with Strom (and, obviously everyone else).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back