AFLW AFLW Fantasy Trades thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't think I'd have any cash this week, but Huntington has pulled out her biggest score of the year to give me some cash.
So it'll be Huntington to $300k

and a trade for 2 of the following: Rowbottom, Bonnici or Hore.

Didn't realise its the last week. My most expensive bench player is 301k so bench downgrading will not be an option.

Probably just trading based on matchups
Yeh, I'll have to look at matchups for any real gains.
Got 1 player at $374k, plus $41k so $115k on someone but even that might only be a sideways trade. Can't move my worst player as not enough $$.

Break evens are too harsh for the $300k'ers.
I've got Wielstra scoring 35, Newman 32, and both players stuck on $300k with no gains for the week.

Hmm so Rowbottom to Bowers is tempting for the cash it's free up...depending on how injured Rowbottom is I suppose.

Means I can go Evans to Kearney and D'Arcy to Amy Smith... Or Evans to O'Driscoll and D'Arcy to Belinda Smith. But upgrading defence feels like a cop out since you're not likely to get more than an extra 15 or 20 points.

Alternative is to just do a double down grade of rookies to get me 200k spare cash and see who I can trade Hore up to (slim pickings it seems).

Should have emptied my bench more as I have a 400k and a 380k on there.

Yeh, I'll have to look at matchups for any real gains.
Got 1 player at $374k, plus $41k so $115k on someone but even that might only be a sideways trade. Can't move my worst player as not enough $$.

Break evens are too harsh for the $300k'ers.
I've got Wielstra scoring 35, Newman 32, and both players stuck on $300k with no gains for the week.
Sideways trading is fine at this stage of the game.

Down to 5th thanks to the Sheerin -> Koenen masterstroke and going for Anderson over Bowers in the midfield. Moving on Molloy for Frederick instead of Morrison a miss too, and now stuck with Morrison this week. Surprised she sucked so much - especially with the CBAs still there. Very odd.

Rowbottom out is fine, everyone will have to make the trade so it's one less advantage people can get on me.

Think

Rowbottom -> Bowers
Anderson -> Hatchard

make sense for the first two trades & probably are ones nearly everyone will be doing (if not Anderson, their M5).

Leaves 138k for my final trade.

Hore's matchup isn't great. Morrison is stinky. Koenen was a fail. Evans has been stinky.

Morrison -> Barr/Randall/Zreika
Hore -> Houghton/Paxman/Kelly
Koenen -> O'Driscoll/Grider
Evans -> Emonsen/Sheerin/Heads

Other option is I go a little more speculative and get Bruton/G Prespakis/King (matchups) ahead of Bowers, which means I could go

Morrison -> Houghton/Paxman
Hore -> Molloy
Koenen -> Emonsen/Sheerin/Heads

Leaning towards Koenen -> O'Driscoll, but for some reason I'm not certain trading Koenen is the best play, I still like her CBA role. I also don't reckon Anderson is an auto-trade just given she's not a prolific tackler so Melbourne shouldn't be kryptonite. But given the Bowers/Hatchard price/matchups it seems like the right play anyay.

Supposed to be 37 degrees in Perth on Saturday afternoon, which might mean more rest for Crows players.

Down to 5th thanks to the Sheerin -> Koenen masterstroke and going for Anderson over Bowers in the midfield. Moving on Molloy for Frederick instead of Morrison a miss too, and now stuck with Morrison this week. Surprised she sucked so much - especially with the CBAs still there. Very odd.

Rowbottom out is fine, everyone will have to make the trade so it's one less advantage people can get on me.

Think

Rowbottom -> Bowers
Anderson -> Hatchard

make sense for the first two trades & probably are ones nearly everyone will be doing (if not Anderson, their M5).

Hore's matchup isn't great. Morrison is stinky. Koenen was a fail. Evans has been stinky.

Other option is I go a little more speculative and get Bruton/G Prespakis/King (matchups) ahead of Bowers, which means I could go

Hore -> Molloy

Leaning towards Koenen -> O'Driscoll, but for some reason I'm not certain trading Koenen is the best play, I still like her CBA role. I also don't reckon Anderson is an auto-trade just given she's not a prolific tackler so Melbourne shouldn't be kryptonite. But given the Bowers/Hatchard price/matchups it seems like the right play anyay.
Randall may not travel to Perth (since it's an easy matchup, it's going to be extreme heat and they just had a baby) and if she does, high chance she'll be the first rested. She went down to the rooms during the North game to have something looked at. She's definitely carrying something. Could be that knee soreness from a couple games ago.

Zreika doesn't play pride round due to religious reasons of not wanting to wear the pride guernsey.

Houghton, Paxman and Kelly are all options to consider. Will Erin Phillips be main player up forward in her final game? Or will she play midfield. Might have a look when team sheets are out. For a farewell game, they might look for her, so could be an option if you can't afford much else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As can't do anything meaningful now I'm just going to rage-trade Allen and Bonnici, and obviously Rowbottom. Thinking a defensive roughie like Niamh Martin so I can get Hatchard and Riddell.

Think

Rowbottom -> Bowers
Anderson -> Hatchard

Hore -> Molloy

Bowers seems like the smart play given her ceiling is elite. Hasn't been at her best this year but playing it safe won't help your rank.
Might be about all I can do with Rowbottom.

Most games are mid table matchups except,
Riddell/Garner v the dogs,
Marinoff/Hatchard for the eagles game but reports of high temps not ideal. (Think everyone would have Marinoff anyway)

Bowers seems like the smart play given her ceiling is elite. Hasn't been at her best this year but playing it safe won't help your rank.
Might be about all I can do with Rowbottom.

Most games are mid table matchups except,
Riddell/Garner v the dogs,
Marinoff/Hatchard for the eagles game but reports of high temps not ideal. (Think everyone would have Marinoff anyway)
I think this will be the number 1 trade this week: Rowbottom to Bowers.

Most likely but will be interesting as it is the last game of the round so Freo will know if they are any chance yet or if they are done for the year already. Probably won't make a difference to Bowers though, she will still do her usual.

I'm likely doing that trade.

People aren't worried about Bowers getting a Kennedy tag? I have both and I'm living in fear.

I'm trading Rowbottom to Riddell. Other trades are up in the air. Right now I'm considering moving Moody to a ruck that gets more CBAs and Morrison to somebody around the $1M mark. I'm open to suggestions on both. Does anyone have strong feelings on who the ruck to have is this round?

People aren't worried about Bowers getting a Kennedy tag? I have both and I'm living in fear.

I'm trading Rowbottom to Riddell. Other trades are up in the air. Right now I'm considering moving Moody to a ruck that gets more CBAs and Morrison to somebody around the $1M mark. I'm open to suggestions on both. Does anyone have strong feelings on who the ruck to have is this round?
I think we're just all hoping Bowers is too good and will break the tag.

Apparently Scholz has the easiest ruck opponent(s), but Moody/Good have easy ruck opposition as well. Seymour has just been named out, so not sure who Richmond's ruck is since I don't watch as many of their games, but it's good news for Frederick.

Morrison to anyone. Roberts, Kelly, Conway, Houghton. Single might get even more opportunity with Rowbottom out, but it's risky because Rowbottom has never been out.

I think we're just all hoping Bowers is too good and will break the tag.

Apparently Scholz has the easiest ruck opponent(s), but Moody/Good have easy ruck opposition as well. Seymour has just been named out, so not sure who Richmond's ruck is since I don't watch as many of their games, but it's good news for Frederick.

Morrison to anyone. Roberts, Kelly, Conway, Houghton. Single might get even more opportunity with Rowbottom out, but it's risky because Rowbottom has never been out.
Even if the matchup's good, I don't think I can bring myself to keep Moody if she's going to split ruck duties. She has scored well most of the year doing that, though. If I did keep her, I could go Ham all the way down and afford Frederick (who's probably facing Poppy Kelly) for NiMo.

I'm probably leaning toward bringing back Scholz and taking Niamh Kelly against her former side at this point.

Heaps of Crows rested. I suspected Randall would be rested because not an overly important game and Rajcic just had a baby.

Last edited:
Yep Hatchard rested is probably the main one. Was looking to possibly bring her in but Bowers it is.

Also feeling more comfortable leaving Hore in now that Harris is back.

Hatchard out throws a spanner in the works. Means I'm 4k short of Molloy > Toogood
Other trades that free up the necessary cash:

Evans/D'Arcy > Pound.

Pound has a very good matchup this week and no Peterson..but has been pretty bad the last few weeks. Evans and D'Arcy both not great matchups, although I think Evans's Port matchup might be not so terrible given the ball will be in GWS's defense more than other teams.

Anderson > McDonald. Same, trading for better matchup. Could also go Bruton here but think I trust McDonald more.

Roberts > Hore/Paxman. Not really a matchup improvement here, but Paxman was very good last week and Hore has Harris back in the forward line.

Thoughts?

Edit: just remembered I could alternatively do no sideways/on field downgrades, and instead get the cash by downgrading someone on the bench

Last edited:
Wanted to do something more interesting than Bowers in, but now... hard to turn down the Bowers upside.

For a real midfield cash grab, consider Hurley? Looked amazing last week, good matchup, Swans are going to go all out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back