AFLW AFLW Fantasy Trades thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Always risky trading OUT a Friday night player (Rowbottom) for a last game of the round player in Bowers.
Wouldn't be the first time I've been stung with that scenario where the traded in players misses. Made less painful with trade edits this year but your options are limited then.
Going Riddell instead.

Things I didn't expect: not having a loophole option this week unless I trade for it.

Rowbottom as a VC first game of the round: injured
Biedenweg-Webster: First game + selected to play
Huntington: Selected to play
Borg: 2nd game of the round
Tripodi: 2nd game of the round
Vale: Last game of the round, selected for her first game of the season. FFS

Solution is either trade out Huntington for a zero, trade in a GC/Ess player to stick the VC on, or just go the old fashioned way.

With Rowbottom already a forced trade where I'm guaranteed to bank cash, I don't think I'd benefit from the Huntington cash much at all.

FFS.

Things I didn't expect: not having a loophole option this week unless I trade for it.

Solution is either trade out Huntington for a zero, trade in a GC/Ess player to stick the VC on, or just go the old fashioned way.

With Rowbottom already a forced trade where I'm guaranteed to bank cash, I don't think I'd benefit from the Huntington cash much at all.

FFS.
VC Toogood?

FFS.

This week just generally feels like I'm going to pay so hard for all of the aggression in previous weeks and slip out of the top 10.

Rowbottom a forced trade.

Tarni Evans, Ally Anderson, Breann Moody, Kate Hore (all of whom I'm guessing are popular trades out) probably not in the gun for me. Leaves:

Koenen - who I thought was a good pick & would be a fine hold, but now with Svarc back in, the oppo, & that she's named at half back, I'm worried. Although I guess if she's not in the mids, they'd have to do something different to cover her - Hampson's been fringe in the rotation the last month and nobody else had a CBA in yonks bar Anderson/Dawes/Svarc/Koenen. Boltz a couple last week that's it.

Morrison - wasn't planning on moving her given how little cash is on her head, but if I go Huntington out to get a looper in, then all of a sudden with Rowbottom to Bowers I'm going to have 200k to play with and it probably makes sense. That said, I still don't mind keeping her - she had solid CBAs last week still. And even if she is more wing, she was still a solid scorer as a wing all of last year.

With how trades lock, I hate the idea of going Rowbottom to Bowers last game of the round. So much risk. Hatchard a resting really hurts.

Option A (9k banked from last week)
1. Rowbottom to Bowers & 94k

Garner VC. If a great score
2a. Huntington -> Zero & 93k
3a. Koenen to Sheerin/Emonsen/Heads or 3b. Morrison -> Paxman
If a bad score
2b. Koenen to Pound & 26k
3b. Morrison to Conway or Evans to Sheerin/Emonsen/Heads

Option B)
1. Rowbottom to Whitfort & 133k. Whitfort VC
2. Anderson to Bruton, King, G Prespakis, McDonald, Bates
3. Koenen to Heads/Sheerin/Emonsen
or
3b. Morrison to Niamh Kelly

Option 3 (full send)
1. Rowbottom to Charlton & 385k or Drennan
2. Anderson to Bates
3. Morrison to Goldsworthy

Any tips, one last time?

VC Toogood?

Not a bad shout with how steady she's been. I don't think she'll put up a score I'd take, but her form makes her not too bad.

I think I'm just trying to hold top 10 here though, so not being able to go Garner into Noffy exposes me if Garner goes off, or if Garner sucks and everyone goes Noffy who goes off. Perhaps ensuring I can have two bites at the cherry is worth the trade.

This week just generally feels like I'm going to pay so hard for all of the aggression in previous weeks and slip out of the top 10.

Rowbottom a forced trade.

Tarni Evans, Ally Anderson, Breann Moody, Kate Hore (all of whom I'm guessing are popular trades out) probably not in the gun for me. Leaves:

Koenen - who I thought was a good pick & would be a fine hold, but now with Svarc back in, the oppo, & that she's named at half back, I'm worried. Although I guess if she's not in the mids, they'd have to do something different to cover her - Hampson's been fringe in the rotation the last month and nobody else had a CBA in yonks bar Anderson/Dawes/Svarc/Koenen. Boltz a couple last week that's it.

Morrison - wasn't planning on moving her given how little cash is on her head, but if I go Huntington out to get a looper in, then all of a sudden with Rowbottom to Bowers I'm going to have 200k to play with and it probably makes sense. That said, I still don't mind keeping her - she had solid CBAs last week still. And even if she is more wing, she was still a solid scorer as a wing all of last year.

With how trades lock, I hate the idea of going Rowbottom to Bowers last game of the round. So much risk. Hatchard a resting really hurts.

Option A (9k banked from last week)
1. Rowbottom to Bowers & 94k

Garner VC. If a great score
2a. Huntington -> Zero & 93k
3a. Koenen to Sheerin/Emonsen/Heads or 3b. Morrison -> Paxman
If a bad score
2b. Koenen to Pound & 26k
3b. Morrison to Conway or Evans to Sheerin/Emonsen/Heads

Option B)
1. Rowbottom to Whitfort & 133k. Whitfort VC
2. Anderson to Bruton, King, G Prespakis, McDonald, Bates
3. Koenen to Heads/Sheerin/Emonsen
or
3b. Morrison to Niamh Kelly

Option 3 (full send)
1. Rowbottom to Charlton & 385k or Drennan
2. Anderson to Bates
3. Morrison to Goldsworthy

Any tips, one last time?
Charlton will certainly get more midfield time with Hatchard and Randall out. I'm expecting Noffy, Ponter, Charlton in the middle with a few others rotated through. It's going to be extremely hot though, so that generally means, missed tackles and dropped marks from all the sweat.

Think I'm going to go with:
Rowbottom > Bowers
Anderson > McDonald
Molloy > Toogood

Going the obvious with Bowers, there's some risk but by far the most upside of the mids that free up cash.
McDonald in for Anderson purely playing the matchups, Dees the hardest and Hawks one of the easiest + trust McDonald more than other mids of similar price.
I've wanted Toogood in my team for weeks and finally get the chance. Hope she goes 120+ tonight and gets dons into the top 4

Gut feel too is that with Hatchy out, the Eagles will either send someone or 'team tag' Noffy. Not sure what that means for the scoring of others around her. But perhaps avoiding her as captain might be a smart play? I dunno.

Feel like I'm gonna back Nina in. 3 games at GMHBA this year have been 97, 99, 101.

Reckon I'll do this

Rowbottom to Bowers
Anderson to McDonald
Koenen to Heads

VC on Garner, and if she serves up something incredible, I reverse the Anderson/McDonald trade and instead trade out Huntington or Vale for a zero and run the gauntlet on Anderson.

If I then trade out Huntington, can always move Heads to Emonson/Sheerin if I want to.

Probably the safest play that covers all bases. Only variant would be if I go for Mia King/Bates instead of McDonald, I can afford to get Sheerin instead of Heads (or Emonson if it's Bates). Or move on Tarni instead of Koenen (if she plays mids, hopefully scores, and if defence, she was a 58 defender last year and Melbourne are green for defenders) which would mean I could get Georgie P or Whitfort instead of Amy McDonald

Vibes/thoughts? Not sure if McDonald over Georgie P is the smart play but figure if there's any attention it'll go to Georgie

Agree with you re: any attention will go to Georgie, McDonald is the better bet there.

Nina though - different story. I think the role has changed for her, she is more out on the wing from what I've listened to so she isn't getting that proper contested ball midfield game she had before. So regardless of it being at GMHBA I'd be wary.

I've gone Rowbottom -> Bowers, and then left all my bench players as they are (leaving about $200k there) and then just sorting out the backline...

Want to get rid of D'Arcy and Evans in defence but the most appealing prospects are Kearney and Amy Smith - not sure doubling down on Kangaroos defenders when they're about to play Bulldogs is the best choice though.

Other option for defence is O'Driscoll and Belinda Smith. Ball should down plenty that way in both their games...if I do that:

Team (with $5k left on the bench)
Thomas / Sheerin / O'Driscoll / Grider / Belinda Smith
Noffy / Bowers / Riddell / Garner / Dowrick
Strom
Gardiner / Toogood / Fredrick / Hore / Roberts

Probably the weak link there might be Roberts, but I'm hoping the Eagles just play her down the ground a bit more as a midfielder...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you re: any attention will go to Georgie, McDonald is the better bet there.

Nina though - different story. I think the role has changed for her, she is more out on the wing from what I've listened to so she isn't getting that proper contested ball midfield game she had before. So regardless of it being at GMHBA I'd be wary.

I've gone Rowbottom -> Bowers, and then left all my bench players as they are (leaving about $200k there) and then just sorting out the backline...

Want to get rid of D'Arcy and Evans in defence but the most appealing prospects are Kearney and Amy Smith - not sure doubling down on Kangaroos defenders when they're about to play Bulldogs is the best choice though.
Also to consider re: north defenders is Bresnehan is back this week. Not sure if that affects Smith much if she's playing on the wing but Kearney I'd be wary of given there's more competition for points and the ball won't be in Norths defence much

Ah yes good point I did read that re: Bresenehan and totally forgot about them by now.

I'm leaning more and more then towards EOD and Belinda Smith.

Kearney I think doesn't really stay as a true backline player...every time I've seen them play she ends up more in the midfield especially when they are winning the game more. She might get less TOG though I suppose if the Roos are winning comfortably.

No doubt - but what are Freo saving her for though? Season is over, even if she aggravates her existing injury or picks up a new one she will have plenty of recovery time coming up...touch wood, only an ACL would really seriously hamper things for her? I'm sure she would be pushing to play on that basis...even if Freo are out of the running.

And I know you're in a different boat to the rest of us being so high up the ranks heh, but from my perspective pretty much everyone around my rank ~700 will I presume be making that trade...

No doubt - but what are Freo saving her for though? Season is over, even if she aggravates her existing injury or picks up a new one she will have plenty of recovery time coming up...touch wood, only an ACL would really seriously hamper things for her? I'm sure she would be pushing to play on that basis...even if Freo are out of the running.

And I know you're in a different boat to the rest of us being so high up the ranks heh, but from my perspective pretty much everyone around my rank ~700 will I presume be making that trade...
I feel the same at my rank, Rowbottom > Bowers is gonna be a super popular trade so not much to lose

I do really hope they fix up not being able to edit a trade after one player is locked in for next season. It's also annoying that you can't edit a trade that frees up cash if another trade that uses that cash is locked, not even to edit to another trade that also frees up enough cash.

I've ended up just trading Rowbottom to Riddell and Hatchard to Georgie. I'm just going to hold the last trade in case of emergency. I thought about doing NiMo to Single, but decided I'd take a chance on NiMo given Single got me 5 scores in the 60s in the 6 weeks I had her. So, of course, she's on 74 at 3QT.

At least my MM side is off to a decent start with Nanscawen at M5 and Brancatisano at F5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back