News Official Carlton Delistings/Retirements 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Clem actually had elite skills,speed,kicking....what he really lacked was confidence,and didnt see much of the ball either.His fitness was a problem then he ended up losing too much weight....didnt seem it was ever going to work.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he had an elite kick tbh..His biggest problem was being so small and not being able to play taller.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Clem wasn't a good kick, but usually did a few nice things each game that made you think he would be decent. Unfortunately he was never an accumulator of the footy, as evidenced by only reaching 20 possessions in a game once in 27 VFL matches and having plenty of single figure possession games while not hitting the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Everitt officially delisted and 1AW retiring, Wright is left as the only current player to have lead the goal-kicking in a single season, incredible. Thanks for your service to the 6, will be disappointed if DVR doesn't get a second chance in the rookie.

Retired (3):
Jamison
Walker
Wood

Delisted (9):
Dick
Foster
Everitt
Whiley
Tutt
DVR
Gallucci
Gowers
Smith

Traded out (1):
Tuohy

Traded in (4):
Marchbank
Pickett
Smedts
Palmer

Draft picks (9):
5, 25, 48, 63, 66, 70, 81, 99, 117

That's 13 players out and 4 in. That leaves 9 spots (2 from rookie list?). We have 9 live picks heading into the draft, so would imagine that's it for the list cull.
One of those would be used to upgrade Byrne. I imagine we wouldn't use all 8 remaining picks in the draft, so might be room for a free agent or two without cutting any more. Gallucci and Gowers will train with the club and remain a chance to be re-rookied.
Have I missed anything?

Retired (3):
Jamison
Walker
Wood

Delisted (9):
Dick
Foster
Everitt
Whiley
Tutt
DVR
Gallucci
Gowers
Smith

Traded out (1):
Tuohy

Traded in (4):
Marchbank
Pickett
Smedts
Palmer

Draft picks (9):
5, 25, 48, 63, 66, 70, 81, 99, 117

That's 13 players out and 4 in. That leaves 9 spots (2 from rookie list?). We have 9 live picks heading into the draft, so would imagine that's it for the list cull.
One of those would be used to upgrade Byrne. I imagine we wouldn't use all 8 remaining picks in the draft, so might be room for a free agent or two without cutting any more. Gallucci and Gowers will train with the club and remain a chance to be re-rookied.
Have I missed anything?

Yeah, 10 gone from senior list, 3 from rookie list. 4 traded in. That leaves 6 senior spots and 3 rookies. Went in with 39/5 split this year so can do 40/4 this year which makes 7 senior spots left.

Byrne elevation makes it 6.

Do we have permission to rookie Sheehan for a 4th year? If not he is gone or elevated.

We will use 6 draft picks or 5 and a DFA.

Unlikely to draft Jordan Gallucci at 25 then?

Unless they are going to re-draft Andrew in the Rookie draft?

Could be awkward, but he's a chance to be re-rookied.
In my best millennial voice:

:clapping: they :clapping: are :clapping: not :clapping: related :clapping:

Gallucci and Gowers could still be on the list next year.
Only fair, but gee whiz do we rate the depth of this draft.

Have I missed anything?
Wood, Gallucci and Gowers were the rookies, with Byrne getting upgraded, so it's:

34/40 Senior List
2/6 Cat A Rookies
1/3 Cat B Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back