General Bombers Talk Official Podcasts - One on One, Bonnie T & Maddy P

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 2 is Smokin' Joe Misiti

boncer34

Kyptastic >>>> Joe Misiti

I finished it on the second try… haven’t heard fabric yet and as for the bombercast 😬😬😬 took me three goes on ep 1 and I’ve tried ep 2 twice without finishing it
Thanks for the positive feedback

Was the Joe Misiti episode recorded in 2019??
Need to get Beerfish on the editing team so that they can upload it quicker.

john travolta GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest problem I found when listening is that their voices all sounded really similar (to me) so I struggled to know if 'Rish or 'Rath or the host was talking for most of it.
Yeah thought the same thing. 4 early 20's Aussie blokes can be hard to distinguish at times. I'd have liked the vid to accompany the pod, personally.

Yer took me until about the end of the podcast to start working out who was Parish and who was McGrath, They did have a video version I think, Might have to watch it till I get use to it.

Shiel on the pod this week.

Apparently all three of them have had car issues in the couple of weeks, Shiel was almost late to the ground last week because his car wouldn't start, and doesn't have a hire car or anything, Parish's vehicle is getting fixed after someone rammed the side of his car but has a hire car now, and Andy had an adventure with a blown tyre and no spare out near Wilson's Prom the other week (which is annoying for him but at least it's not a hurdle to actually getting to the ground on game day given it happened on the weekend between the community series and round 1).

Seem to get on quite well between the three of them, which is good for on-field chemistry as well.

Shiel is like an older brother (McGrath), good mate (Parish), seems to spend a bit of time at McGrath's house playing FIFA and table tennis with Ridley, Durham and Cahill... also praising his football knowledge, talking about his injury last year and how it impacted his game. And also he's making quite an effort to be less self-centred and McGrath saying how his mannerisms have changed a lot, trying to build up the guys around him and his leadership has grown a lot etc.

The amount of praise they're heaping on him feels like they're trying to rehabilitate his rep or something tbh 😅 it's nice to hear but probably over-egged the pudding imo, I didn't think he needed it that much. Curious what others might think if they've listened to this episode...

Also talking about an instance where McGrath gave the umps an earful and Shiel gave McGrath an earful for that and they had a good bust up on-field, bickering like brothers or something "we said we wouldn't do this!" "well the game is gone to s**t!" Then McGrath had a tanty and threw his drink, Rutten sent the team psychologist to talk to him. Was very out of character... I think they said it happened in the covid hubs?

Also a whole bit about Heath Shaw giving them feedback but I didn't quite catch how that fit together – from Shiel's GWS days or has he been at Essendon in some capacity since he retired?

Another time in 2019 apparently Merrett and Shiel were "squealing" at each other coz Merrett didn't dish off the ball 25m out from goal after they'd played two games together, and then Merrett didn't make the distance (?!). But then they made eye contact and cracked up laughing and apparently that instance gets brought up a lot ever since coz obvious Merrett is a really good kick.

Rish and Rath podcast spent a couple of mins dissecting Saturdays performance and 20 mins on the Mercedes and Tesla problems they and Shiel are experiencing

Bad optics ha ha!

Seriously though, it’s a midfield you would definitely take home to meet your mum.

FMD that 'squealing' story highlights the drop off in really hard edge competitive beasts since the likes of BJ and Chapman have departed...

FMD that 'squealing' story highlights the drop off in competitive beasts since the likes of BJ and Chapman have departed...
In the context of the entire podcast, not really. It was one of several awkward moments that occurred when Shiel was getting to know the other guys after he came across, some of which I typed up and some I didn’t.

Given the two players involved I wouldn't say either of them aren't competitive beasts. Both are known to be extremely driven basically around the clock because they are stupidly competitive.

It’s actually likely that it was because they’re so competitive that they initially started squealing at each other over it before realising how damned stupid it was on both sides.

In the context of the entire podcast, not really. It was one of several awkward moments that occurred when Shiel was getting to know the other guys after he came across, some of which I typed up and some I didn’t.

Given the two players involved I wouldn't say either of them aren't competitive beasts. Both are known to be extremely driven basically around the clock because they are stupidly competitive.

It’s actually likely that it was because they’re so competitive that they initially started squealing at each other over it before realising how damned stupid it was on both sides.
I did say 'hard edge' competitor - they are the types to give a spray to any team mate (old or new) under those circumstances week in week out without any apologies. It's that nasty / grumpy streak i am referring too. Where its personal when mistakes get made. Certain types just wouldn't find that funny when in game mode. I cant remember a lot of laughs on the field when we were good either TBH - Plenty over the last 10 years though.

I did say 'hard edge' competitor - they are the types to give a spray to any team mate (old or new) under those circumstances week in week out without any apologies. It's that nasty / grumpy streak i am referring too. Where its personal when mistakes get made. Certain types just wouldn't find that funny when in game mode. I cant remember a lot of laughs on the field when we were good either TBH - Plenty over the last 10 years though.
Tigers had a few laughs in recent years yet played decent team footy. Comes down to the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back