Offseason - Delusional Pearlers

Remove this Banner Ad

UTG is the only EFC troll I have any time for. He is at least quietly, subtly (and I suspect intentionally) amusing. And he hates Carlton (IIRC).

I enjoy trading missiles with UTG. The guy plays his persona well - the pseudo-old-boy-pip-pip lawyer thing is entertaining if nothing else. He sets up his trolls pretty well, all you need to know is he will go hard on anything Essendon, and he's not a dumb s**t.

I like him too. I just don't *get* the games.
He doesn't believe half the s**t he says.

he doesn't, you're right; and he'll admit it in private conversations. I, too, don't get the games really. Trolling is a pastime for idiots I reckon. Sure, I'll have a crack in jest at various teams, but I would never go out of my way to be a big man on campus troll. It's derivative generally.

What shits me is the kudos some of these guys get. Say something utterly stupid, then whenever someone points out how dumb it is, they have "won" by catching fish.

Anyone can do that. It's not smart or clever.

If he is such a great guy, then he shouldn't be waisting our time or his time trolling on the MAIN BOARD. Used to be a good poster, now is pathetic actually.

I like him too. I just don't *get* the games.
He doesn't believe half the s**t he says.

Most of UTG's stuff is just a backhanded and disparaging comment though, not an elaborate thread specifically set up for shitstirring.

I don't get how people get sucked into it so easily, I mean all it took was for the simple comment of the tier 2/3 thing and everyone had a fit.
If he is such a great guy, then he shouldn't be waisting our time or his time trolling on the MAIN BOARD.
Pretty much this, Drummer.

People generally do, and rightfully, expect genuine threads on the Main Board.

It's disgraceful that maggots like HAD, Pav, Teffy and co. post the way they do, when people go there to discuss football, not read braindead rubbish, point it out, then be told that they're the fool for giving a genuine rebuttal.

I see trolls on this site as those deadshits in real life, the ones that no matter how much smarter you are, and how wrong you prove them to be, their stupidity and arrogance won't even give you the satisfaction of watching them realise their own errors. See: Brendan Fevola.

It's disgraceful that maggots like HAD, Pav, Teffy and co. post the way they do, when people go there to discuss football, not read braindead rubbish, point it out, then be told that they're the fool for giving a genuine rebuttal.

Yeah, it deadens the appeal of the Main Board, which ideally would be a place where there could be actual debate between all supporters free of shitfights which can be done on the Polls board or the bay. Instead, it's just a glorified version of the bay. The quality of a thread is dictated by how long it lasts before it becomes a pissing contest, which is why boards like Footy Fourth Estate and Graphic Design are far more valuable - it's just football fans discussing a certain aspect of the sport, relatively free of feeling the urge to compare and contrast genitals.

I can't honestly be bothered with it. I suspect I'll spend more time here on the Essendon board as opposed to last year, the percentage of discussion versus shitfight is more in the range of 75% to 25%, rather than the 40%-60% of the Main Board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm of the same view, but I dunno where else to post. Shits me to no end when I spend 30mins writing a reasoned response to a topic, only for the schoolchildren to completely ignore it and jump all over each other's brain-dead "facts".

Please point me to the holy land, if one exists.

Pretty much this, Drummer.

People generally do, and rightfully, expect genuine threads on the Main Board.

I see trolls on this site as those deadshits in real life, the ones that no matter how much smarter you are, and how wrong you prove them to be, their stupidity and arrogance won't even give you the satisfaction of watching them realise their own errors. See: Brendan Fevola.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't even go to the main board most of the time now because of the trolling but it's been like that for a while now and it would be nice to actually read some decent content once and a while but as much as it's on all those guys so stop being so *ed people need to stop taking the bait all the time when it's so obvious and chucking a fit when they get reeled in so easily.

Mods need to start doing work to and perma banning some of the people like teffy and chimera (I don't think HAD as he contributes seriously in other parts of bf and even occasionally does decent work on the main board). They're pretty given full reign to post dribble without consequence (altho slats mentioned had copped a red today)

@Drummer:

Yeah I agree.

I read HAD's Hurley thread and Pav's "Essendon: how long from a premiership" thread, found a few posts to quote and respond to, got halfway then thought to myself "you'll only add fuel to the fire" and closed tab.

If people stop responding, their threads will wind up pages back. I'd love to see every single Essendon poster on this site ignore them completely, but it won't happen. It's in people's nature to call bullshit.

I'm of the same view, but I dunno where else to post. Shits me to no end when I spend 30mins writing a reasoned response to a topic, only for the schoolchildren to completely ignore it and jump all over each other's brain-dead "facts".

Please point me to the holy land, if one exists.

If I were to PM you the link of said site, Chief would permaban this account and any others I'd sign up in the future.

It is the fastest growing footy fansite though.

Obvious troll but this has to be the best of the lot

If Watson is easily an A grader, then Carrazzo is the best player ever to play the game... Watson didn't get a touch in the Elimination Final. I like Watson, but he is surely over rated. Wouldn't get a game at Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton, Hawthorn.

Hurley is your best player and he's young. Need to inject as much youth this year I feel.

Trolling is a pastime for idiots I reckon. Sure, I'll have a crack in jest at various teams, but I would never go out of my way to be a big man on campus troll. It's derivative generally.

What shits me is the kudos some of these guys get. Say something utterly stupid, then whenever someone points out how dumb it is, they have "won" by catching fish.

Anyone can do that. It's not smart or clever.

Somebody give this man a cigar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back