Offseason - Delusional Pearlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley thread:
Everyone whos speculated on is gone. Money > all

Laterz hurley
Cloke thread:
What a stupid article, it doesnt have any proof just states "this is what GWS will do"

Typical garbage journalism designed to a cheap headline

The real speculation by respected journas has been about hurley. His also far more marketable
What an effing nuffie.

Sorry to intrude, but thought this deserved to be mentioned in this thread.

From a Saints supporter:

concerned over hawthorn.

they seem very even and willing to put their head over it.

not quite certain how our game holds up against the hawks.

pretty comfortable that the pies have come back to the pack.

one feels that the minor premiership will be between us and these two.

:eek:

Sorry to intrude, but thought this deserved to be mentioned in this thread.

From a Saints supporter:

:eek:

While it's probably a bit biased and over the top I really think that the Saints will surprise a lot of people this year. They still have too many good players to fall in a heap just yet. I am expecting them to challenge strongly.

Essendon supporters on this board who think the sky is falling because of NAB cup form.

Essendon supporters on this board who think the sky is falling because of NAB cup form.

Will back my record against anyone and it is not based on one NAB game .

More chance of a GWS v GC Grand Final than Essendon winning one in the next 15 years

There are 5 players on Essendons list that I can think of that have a remote chance of being there when they win a flag (Hurley, Zaharakis, Pears, Heppell, Hibberd) Only because they can still be there in at least 10 years time.

This means Essendon are going to have a whole new team by the time they win their next one. Even if we make it 12- 15 years time.

The current list is nowhere near Premiership material. A midfield of Slattery, Stanton, Winderlich is not going to win a Premiership, ever. Yes they have been serviceable, and got the most out of their ability, but they are not Premiership material.

Essendon are going to need a high turnover, and do it relatively soon. Im sure Essendon think the window is open, but it aint, at worst, they really need to start preparing for life after these footballers, and make 2018 a more realistic chance of getting a good team together.

They will never say this, nor should they, but this list has to go before they can think about being a top 2 side.

This guy's a nutter. Oh and are Slattery and Winderlich key mids now?

That is a classic, i do not think you could say Stanton is really a genuine mid either. In our best line up he is on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he really has no clue or just desperate to prove all the brain washed tiger fans that we will not succeed. Slattery isn't best 22 and winderlich would be a fringe player now.

Was also very good through the middle for a couple of years when no one else was. Bar Watson.

Will play forward with a couple of runs through you would think.

On Kreuzer
Did you see the game last year at Docklands where Kruze tore Sydney a new hole ???

The lad is still recovering from a knee reco, I wouldn't trade hm for anyone else in thr league
I was at that game, and he did no such thing. Did a few impressive things, but wouldn't have even been his side's best.

But the real pearler is the second paragraph. Nah, why would you trade your 2nd ruckman for Franklin, Cloke, even Jack Riewoldt, when they're what your side needs most.

He is massively over-cooked by some.

Good player (and will be very, very good) - but wouldn't be in the top 15 ruckmen in the league at present. That said, a troll thread anti- a certain player is always a good way to get the most ridiculous defences - like the above.

I have serious doubts over him as a future star.

He's done well, don't get me wrong. Not many can carry a ruck division from their first year.

But he's never seemed quite good enough as either a ruckman or forward to be considered a "future elite". He reminds me a lot of Josh Fraser. Not so much in style or anything, but that he came in early, had a huge tank and pretty good mobility for a ruckman, but never really nailed one spot or the other.

He's had patches in games where he's turned it on, but he's never dominated an entire game, let alone several, which all top players do.

He'll never be an above average key forward IMO, and as a ruckman he'll be a solid citizen, similar to maybe Dean Brogan or David Hille.

Nothing wrong with that, I just don't see the star potential that so many others do.

Now Leuenberger or NicNat? Gun, gun, gun, gun, gun.

Im with you 100% Kong, for a guy 200cm he isnt more than servicable as a ruck nor forward.

How about the Pearler in the main board thread - top 5 in an AFL open draft! lolololol

How about the Pearler in the main board thread - top 5 in an AFL open draft! lolololol

Yeah read that one - gold.

He's a decent player but he's never been anything more than servicable as a ruckman or forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back