Olympic Basketball Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's B'Ball: If we win, Australia has to meet USA in the Semi Finals. If we lose, we're able to meet them in the finals. I back ourselves against Turkey and China in Group A.
That lost to France in overtime, has cost us a silver medal; you have to say. France have finished top.

perhaps the girls should tank and go for the finals.

Because of where we finished in the group I think we get to play the USA in the quarters now! No medal for us. :p

probably not going to win one either way, so nice to get a crack at them, you never know. Though this is as close as it gets to knowing the result before hand i guess.

I think the boomers can avoid playing the US in the quarters if they beat Russia in the last pool match. With Russia at the top of the group table they might already have an eye on the quarters, so it's possible.

I think the boomers can avoid playing the US in the quarters if they beat Russia in the last pool match. With Russia at the top of the group table they might already have an eye on the quarters, so it's possible.

dont we also need argentina to beat the us though?

dont we also need argentina to beat the us though?

I think we need Brazil to beat Spain and us to beat Russie for us to jump to 3rd spot. US will finish top unless Argentina beat them by about 120 points lol

Not sure if Spain beating Brazil cements us in 4th regardless of us beating Russia or not, need to work out the points differences etc. Either way unless we beat Russia its the dream team first up in the qtrs

I think we need Brazil to beat Spain and us to beat Russie for us to jump to 3rd spot. US will finish top unless Argentina beat them by about 120 points lol

Not sure if Spain beating Brazil cements us in 4th regardless of us beating Russia or not, need to work out the points differences etc. Either way unless we beat Russia its the dream team first up in the qtrs

please do not call them the dream team. (pet hate of mine).

If we beat Russia and Brazil beat Spain we'll come 3rd as our points difference is already better. If Spain win that match it will come down to margins of victory. Brazil's points difference is currently better by 12. So could be pretty close if it happens like that.

Just heard on commentary that it comes down to head to head if two teams are tied on points so the boomers will come 4th in their pool which means they're almost certain to play the USA in the quarter final. That sucks. Points difference is a better tie breaker criteria IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, Mills looked like an NBL bench warmer a couple of games ago. Turned it round big time :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back