Only 4 Teams with 0 Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Adelaide, North, Gold Coast & St Kilda.

None of these clubs have any stars.

Very hard to make finals, let alone win a flag without even 1 genuine star.

The top teams always have at least 2.

I can see Gold Coast developing a few from within, but I can't at the other clubs. Maybe St Kilda have a couple that might be stars in 2-3 years.

How are these clubs gonna be a threat?

I can see Gold Coast developing a few from within, but I can't at the other clubs. Maybe St Kilda have a couple that might be stars in 2-3 years.

A champion team beats a team of champions you could argue gws has more star players then anyone Richmond being a champion team took care of them easily you need a deep list to succeed in finals not just 3or4 stars st kilda learnt this the hard way in 09 and 10 grand finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting question. Did the doggies have a star when they won?
Not really. We had guys who were previously elite (multiple AAs or high Brownlow finishes) like Murphy and MBoyd, plus some really promising young guys who were either still developing, or were inconsistent like Bont, TBoyd, Macrae and Stringer. Mostly relied on a number of above average reliable players rather than outright stars

Yeah, wasn’t sure if he was old enough to be a bonafide star at the time?
He was All Australian that year (although he was 20 for the whole season). I’d give him a tick.

A reasonably argument could be made for Matthew Boyd, who had been a dual AA midfielder and was AA on a HBF in ‘16.

It’s a subjective term though. Stringer and Wood were both AA the previous year but probably didn’t quite fit the bill.

not sure if port has star power

who would we remember from port in 10 to 20 years based on achievements this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back