List Mgmt. OOC 2021, who is playing for their careers 2021 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

In Mitch's podcast he said his manager is talking to the club ATM. Says he's not on the average 350k a year cause he's a role player and role players aren't on that coin. It's biased high cause of tier one player salaried.

$ come from salary, match payments and image collateral. When the club or league use his image he gets money.

He's says previously he'd happily play on in the twos and try to be best on field there.

This video is on the website

Will bet it ends up as 1 year plus a trigger of some sort for 2. But great pickup to find that - nothing has appeared in the media or been sent out to members as yet.

In Mitch's podcast he said his manager is talking to the club ATM. Says he's not on the average 350k a year cause he's a role player and role players aren't on that coin. It's biased high cause of tier one player salaried.

$ come from salary, match payments and image collateral. When the club or league use his image he gets money.

He's says previously he'd happily play on in the twos and try to be best on field there.

I was pretty strong earlier in the year that we needed to move on from Mitch/develop some better options. But very supportive of him getting another year - he's been excellent since about round 2.

Had a discussion on the Suns board recently where I was saying more blokes are on far less coin than the AFL average, on each list. It’s not just the first or second year players who earn base salary.

Given he's already on the rookie list would help Birch get an extra season

Pardon the intrusion I was just curious to see how the fans thought Birchall was going. Was always my favourite Hawk.

He has the form to play on I feel but if you guys win the flag I don't think he will play on. 5 flags in the AFL era will be hard for anyone to top.

Pardon the intrusion I was just curious to see how the fans thought Birchall was going. Was always my favourite Hawk.

He has the form to play on I feel but if you guys win the flag I don't think he will play on. 5 flags in the AFL era will be hard for anyone to top.

I think you're spot on. Form warrants playing on at this stage, but if we did win the flag why would he want to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so...this stretch of games has really given him the opportunity he needed. Still some work to do on tidying up his disposal at times but no worse than Robbo. He has always been a great set shot for goal.
In my opinion not yet. His game on Friday night was his best thus far but for him to be in our best 22 we need more from him. He seems to struggle keeping up with the pace of the game this year. Unlike most supporters, I dis-like the way he carries on with the "look at me" behaviour. Right now he has a great opportunity to cement a place in the best 22 while Neale is out. So far the thing he is most acknowledged for is his carry on & I believe he should put all that aside & just contribute more. I sincerely hope he succeeds but he isnt there yet.

I think It is worth offering Matho a one year contract as the “break glass to use in emergency” mature body mid fielder. no disrespect meant. He is a valuable and loyal 22 to 26 player. Sort of Lesterish in his value to the club. I am not sure whether or not Mattho will be satisfied with that, but I can’t see him becoming a regular best 22 player. May develop into a MRobbo type player and get another 100 games and if he does I will be happy to admit I was wrong.

I think It is worth offering Matho a one year contract as the “break glass to use in emergency” mature body mid fielder. no disrespect meant. He is a valuable and loyal 22 to 26 player. Sort of Lesterish in his value to the club. I am not sure whether or not Mattho will be satisfied with that, but I can’t see him becoming a regular best 22 player. May develop into a MRobbo type player and get another 100 games and if he does I will be happy to admit I was wrong.
Isn't CEY already filling that role? He's contracted for 2022, Matho is not.

Look around the League and try and find a another club where Mathieson would find a role in the best 22 if every teams list was healthy.

I honestly can’t.

Matho is not like Keays or Hugh Greenwood, where he could play such a role at North. Those guys are playing as heart and soul, protect the kids, run themselves in to the ground type roles. Matho isn’t up to such a role.

Bare minimum we need to do is delist two players, take two picks to the draft and upgrade James Madden to the senior list.

If we upgrade Madden, that opens up a rookie list spot, so we can move a player from the senior list to the rookie list.

OOC 2021 >

Grant Birchall (R)
Daniel Rich
Hugh McCluggage
Zac Bailey
Brandon Starcevich
Lincoln McCarthy
Oscar McInerney
Jarryd Lyons
Tom Fullarton
Connor McFadyen
Rhys Mathieson (R)
Archie Smith (R)
Dayne Zorko
Connor Ballenden (R)
Thomas Joyce
James Madden (R)
Mitch Robinson
Brock Smith
Keidean Coleman
Carter Michael

Nearly half our list(20 players) OOC in 2021, not as bad as it looks though, 11 of those are certain to be offered an extension... unless one of the older players ie. Rich/Zorko suffers a serious long term injury + Grant Birchall certain to retire IMO, Mitch Robinson has been battering his body for over a decade, expecting him to be passed by younger players and also retire at end of 2021. IMO Carter Michael will get another year come what may.

Safe- Keidean Coleman, Dayne Zorko, Tom Fullarton, Jarryd Lyons, Oscar McInerney, Lincoln McCarthy, Brandon Starcevich, Zac Bailey, Hugh McCluggage, Daniel Rich.

Gone barring a huge turnaround in form- Connor Ballenden, Archie Smith, Rhys Mathieson.

Need to show some good signs(reserves or seniors) or will be under the pump- Brock Smith, James Madden, Tom Joyce, Connor McFadyen.
Jason mp can you update the list.

What do you base this on? I don't think he's performed much differently to Matho at VFL level. Both have flaws in their game that will stop them ever being best 22 players in a finals team.
He was brought in to be a big bodied mid, but when he’s played in the first team he ends up being put forward because he struggles to keep up with the contest, and doesn’t have the tank to play both ways.

CEY can’t play either role, inside mid or medium forward, to the level required in the AFL.

Matho can perform a role when injuries require it, CEY can’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back