Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

ah yeah those 3 games playing loose in defence are almost as good as Ricky Henderson's rd 18-20 2013
Dude stop. You've embarrassed yourself. But it's okay you made a snap judgment on an awkward tall kid. It's not an issue. Just admit you were wrong and have a laugh at yourself. We've all been there.

ah yeah those 3 games playing loose in defence are almost as good as Ricky Henderson's rd 18-20 2013

That was easy.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dude stop. You've embarrassed yourself. But it's okay you made a snap judgment on an awkward tall kid. It's not an issue. Just admit you were wrong and have a laugh at yourself. We've all been there.

im clearly taking the piss mate, my judgement may not have been amazing, but yeah keep bumping my posts and rubbing yourselves on the back after a great win against premiership contenders essendon

im clearly taking the piss mate, my judgement may not have been amazing, but yeah keep bumping my posts and rubbing yourselves on the back after a great win against premiership contenders essendon
You come onto an opposition board and pot a new draftee only to be shown up. Expect some backlash.

Lol. We will enjoy our win. Did you enjoy your lucky draw against a team of battlers??

User name does not correlate with posting behavior.

Thought this was too good not to share from the Essendon Delusional Pearlers thread
To whom it may concern,
I have been a Bombers supporter for as long as I can remember. Obviously we’ve had our ups and our downs over my 21 years of life, and I’ve stuck by the club through it all, always looking forward to the next season and what it would bring. This season was no different, and I had great faith in the boys returning from (unfair) suspension. Belting Hawthorn in round 1 was the best, and had me hopeful that we were a team with the ability to play finals, and do well. The loss to Carlton hurt, but I concluded that in the conditions the boys played in, any team would have struggled. Then came ANZAC Day, and the spiflication we gave the Pies had me thinking we were the real deal. Watching Joey kick 1.6 against Melbourne a week later had me reassessing things, and more importantly just wanting the boys to string together some consistent footy. We did that in the following few weeks, and Big Joe was all systems go, kicking something ridiculous like 21.2 in the following handful of games after the Melbourne debacle. In amongst that I went to the only game I’ve been able to get along to this year, the game against Geelong. I carried on so much that I gave myself a headache by the end of the game due to getting stuck into my brother (a Geelong supporter) every time we kicked a goal, which was seemingly every 3 minutes. I’ll fast forward past the beltings of Port Adelaide and West Coast to the game against Sydney. Watching us kick 7 unanswered goals and really do a number on a team that had been up and about in recent weeks, had me nearly about to make a fatal mistake, a premature Facebook post along the lines of “DONS!”. I had gone to the supermarket before the game to grab some munchies, and in doing so had chosen the healthy option, and picked up half a dozen mandarins. In the final 3 minutes of that Sydney game I was freaking out, and in order to cope with the stress placed on me by the boys I devoured all 6 of those mandarins. Something my system later on did not thank me for. That loss affected me in ways that footy never had before. As I went to bed that night I entered a state that can only be described as sleep torture, where for the whole 8 hours I replayed BJ’s kick out and the final 24 seconds of the game over and over again, including the blatant push in the back on big Tommy Bellchambers in the final ruck contest. Moving on from the pain and misery of the Sydney loss I keenly anticipated the match against Brisbane which would hopefully get our season back on track and be a healthy percentage booster. 27 points up in the last quarter, and we were home and hosed, or so I thought. I had to catch a train and missed the majority of the last quarter, but I did catch the final 5 mins or so. I dead set wish I hadn’t because my fears had come true, and we had blown yet another lead, and lost another tight one. This ruined what was otherwise a relatively good weekend, but such is footy. I had seen the avalanche of memes all over every social media platform you could imagine, saying that we had become the new Richmond, which was something I was keen to avoid, considering the flack I give my mates that follow the Tigers. For the first time in over a decade though we beat Collingwood for a second time in the same year, which gave me great satisfaction and ammunition for future banter with mates who have no teeth. Pumping the Saints the week after was great, especially for my footy tips, and once again the September flame was alive and well. I’ll skip the game against the Tankaroos, and enlighten you as to what happened this past weekend, which is the real reason for this post. I was unable to catch the first half due to prior commitments with junior teams that I coach, but when I saw we were down by 5 points at half time, I figured things could have been worse. The third quarter was some of the most frustrating footy I reckon I’ve seen in a long time, which is saying something given the rollercoaster that this year has been. Things nearly got out of control when our hero from last week Cale Hooker decided to kick it into a bloke standing on the goal line and I thought we had nearly lost it when they went coast to coast and Murphy kicked that goal. The obvious favouritism from the umpires towards the Bulldogs didn’t help, and Marty Gleeson is without doubt the unluckiest defender in the history of the game with that horrendous deliberate out of bounds paid against him at a crucial time in the game. Things weren’t looking too bad at the start of the last quarter though, and when the man of the moment Hooksy plucked that grab at nearly point blank, I thought we were back on. The continued dominance for the next 10 or so minutes of play and the consistent forward 50 entries had me thinking that we were going to run over the top of them, something that hadn’t really happened at all this year. I was convinced when the margin became a straight kick that we would step up to the plate and get our act together, and convert all the forward 50s into scores. I was wrong, so very, very wrong. When Bontempelli got that free kick that was the end of me, I was done. In what can only be expressed as a fit of rage, I grabbed the closest thing to me, my mobile phone, and hurled it towards the closest object that would be able to withhold the force; a beanbag. Blinded by fury, my gross motor skills failed me, and instead of nailing the centre of the beanbag, I instead made a clean connection with the floor and watched as my phone went flying back up and over my head landing facedown about 2 metres away. I looked at my lifeless looking phone, and when I went and picked it up, I saw the damage that had been done. I had cooked the thing (pictured below), or should I say, Essendon had cooked it. My $8 knockoff ‘Lifeproof’ case had been rendered useless, and my phone was left in a comatose condition. As the reality of it all sunk in, I realised that I was not to blame, I had been let down by the club. I am therefore writing to seek immediate reimbursement of the new phone I had to purchase yesterday afternoon, which I have calculated to equal approximately $15 per player. I will also consider free tickets to an upcoming game and a meat pie on the house.
Yours sincerely,

Thought this was too good not to share from the Essendon Delusional Pearlers thread
Paragraph structure could do with some improvement but overall I'd say it's a fair effort. On the melt scale I'll give it a - 6 Celsius rating. With an attitude like that, it would be hard for most things to survive those temperatures much less a cellular phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't seem like you were taking the piss. Seems like you're angry and a little hurt especially judging from the second half of your post. I gave you a nice out. Could've easily laughed it off it would've been forgotten because you showed some of the first half of your screen name. Instead your little hissy fit melt has ensured we'll be giving you s**t for years. Sad really...

It's not Bulldogs related, but I found this on the salt mine that is the Geelong board right now, re the medical report for Kreuzer's concussion. Said without tongue in cheek:

I wouldn't be surprised if Carlton's has a massive betting position on Dustin Martin to win the Brownlow, and they are using the money under the table to fund players.

:D

North supporter, has discovered that they have another star in their side.
This related to an earlier post claiming that North will get all of Martin, Kelly, Billings and Lever.
I agree. We won't get lever (great player but nielson is better in my opinion). We will get the other three.

Is the next rance. But better.

At the footy on sunday
Suckers gave away that free kick to Danniher for pushing infront
We as a group lose it since suckers didn't touch him or impacted his arms
Bombers fan turns around" come on guys, read the bloody rule book its clear as day
All 4 of us at once: Ohh yeah go read the rule back on cheating the AFL mate.

I like this little gem from an Essendon poster after the weekends loss...

I dont think I have ever seen a player have the ball fall his way as often as it does for Bontempellli

I have to disagree with that quote...I can think of a couple of others....Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth, Don Bradman, Tom Brady.
Hmmmm, wonder what they all have in common.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back