Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints supporter on the main board. Admits saints had a charmed run in 2009, couldn't get it done. Proceeded to fail in 2010 as well with an equally charmed run. Only flag from a very lop sided GF

"It’s hilarious when you consider that the doggie posters on here were so bitter that the umpires awarded a certain free kick to Nick Riewoldt during the 2009 PF yet are now declaring that free kicks shouldn’t be a consideration in determining the outcome of finals matches. A case of wanting your cake and eating too.
BTW, in 2009 the Saints had a very healthy free kick differential. It does make a difference."

I think that preview thread on the Port board is the very definition of living rent free.

Amazing stuff, they appear to have forgotten there's actually a game on, nothing but frightened of what the big bad umpires are going to do to them. Can only hope the players are as nuff as the supporters.

Heyaaaa. Congrats on the big win. Love watching Brissy lose, also bloody love watching some of your exciting young fellas. How good was Bailey Smiths Ice Man move? Loved it so much, made a fan art. Enjoy it if you like, if not, please dont hurt my feelings.
Thats the job of the Melbourne midfield this weekend.

Attachments

• ICEMAN4.jpg
    ICEMAN4.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 140
Heyaaaa. Congrats on the big win. Love watching Brissy lose, also bloody love watching some of your exciting young fellas. How good was Bailey Smiths Ice Man move? Loved it so much, made a fan art. Enjoy it if you like, if not, please dont hurt my feelings.
Thats the job of the Melbourne midfield this weekend.
Love it. Thank you.

View attachment 1230693

yes, the footy gods definitely hate the team playing a home final with a healthy side, not the team that's lost three crucial players in the last month
Aside from all the obviously bigger issues we've had, the forecast is for a 70% chance of 0-1 mills of rain. Its hardly going to be a quagmire in a cyclone.

Not that impressive, anyone could do it.
Who have Dogs beaten?

1. Dons (overachieving rebuild side full of kids)
  2. Injured, no forward hobbling Brissy by 1 point.
  3. Played 1 great half against a side in Port who were generally poor against sides above them throughout the year.
Ordinary when you actually pick it apart.

Melbourne will be a big reality check.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won’t argue the 2 best midfields are in the grand final, that’s fact.

but let’s not act like these 2 clubs are genius recruiters.
There is a lot of luck involved.

dogs:
Libba, hunter, Wallis, JUH, now Sam Darcy, all gifts from the AFL system that is yet to throw a bone our way.

2018 they took smith in a great top 10 class, we got King so no complaints.

2017 there was a clear top 5, classically we sat at 7 and 8, got our pick of the next half dozen did well with Clark/coff avoided busts in bonar/Fogarty. We weren’t in the market for a CHB prior to Carlisle injury, dogs took naughton as their midfield was already full of guns.

blessed with the #4 pick2013 in a year where there was a clear set in stone top 3.
If they finished below us, they would have taken Billings 100% as he was the best bet to be a 200 gamer after Kelly.
It wasn’t recruiting genius it was just great luck.

also blessed in 2012 when the had 5 and 6..... weak draft,
SOS took orourke and plowman.
Fellow genius recruiters Melbourne took Toumpas.
Let macrae and stringer fall right in the dogs lap.

Credit where it’s due to Melbourne, they came out of 2019 with the best ruck and best small forward (Jackson and Pickett) but they were able to do that because mids already set.

they got Oliver at 4 but would have taken shache if they were at 2.

we took paddy and allowed them to get the 2 best mids that year in trac and Angus at 2/3.

they also used high picks on hogan, Toumpas, cook, gysberts, Trengove, watts, blease, Morton, grimes, traded a 12 for Mitch Clark. All busts.

viney father son gift.

We could win the next ten flags and St Kilda fans would say they are all illegitimate, just so they don’t feel left behind in flags.

St Kilda know that recruiting is just luck and they were so unlucky to pick the wrong player in drafts

2013 Billings before Bont
2014 McCartin before Petracca
2017 Coffield before Naughton.

So unlucky

We could win the next ten flags and St Kilda fans would say they are all illegitimate, just so they don’t feel left behind in flags.
The more realistic Aints fans recognise that their competitors in the flag race are Suns, Plastics and Freo. Only a century or more head start and they've got their noses in front.

You need to fly Rod Grinter into Perth ASAP so he can do the quarantine to be the medi thug.

Playing the Dogs in the GF with their umpire favouritism you need to sub in a thug like Grinter to knock out one of those Dogs supporting maggots.

Or Luke Darcy, either way I'd be happy.

fuSBzsGHtq9UkhdHO4VHgA-VFNUi5PeoAqEX06QJaqH20_g2jpS5TgQFEiw12iQX82kl70U

Last week we had port fans wishing injuries on our players, this week we have saints fans wanting umpires knocked out…

how goods owning so much real estate in peoples heads

Last edited:
Last week we had port fans wishing injuries on our players, this week we have saints fans wanting umpires knocked out…

how goods owning so much real estate in peoples heads

Remember to remove the user name and just post the text in the quote. Don't want people complaining about getting piled on. Absolutely psychopathic of him though, he's been one of the biggest people banging the freekickBulldogs drum and to go as far as wanting umpires to get injured is beyond the pall.

Remember to remove the user name and just post the text in the quote. Don't want people complaining about getting piled on. Absolutely psychopathic of him though, he's been one of the biggest people banging the freekickBulldogs drum and to go as far as wanting umpires to get injured is beyond the pall.
I CBF engaging with opposition trolls but if ever you get any freekickbulldogs sh1t from Saints supporters you could show them this from the 1966 GF:

1631420098440.png

I CBF engaging with opposition trolls but if ever you get any freekickbulldogs sh1t from Saints supporters you could show them this from the 1966 GF:

View attachment 1233918
Unfortunately, that's water off a duck's back for this peanut.

Makes all sorts of excuses for this stat.

''Game was different in those days''

''Possible mistakes due to having only one umpire back then, three these days...''

--just a couple I've seen from him.

As Testekill said, he's a genuine psychopath.

Unfortunately, that's water off a duck's back for this peanut.

Makes all sorts of excuses for this stat.

''Game was different in those days''

''Possible mistakes due to having only one umpire back then, three these days...''

--just a couple I've seen from him.

As Testekill said, he's a genuine psychopath.
LOL. That's a Trumpian level of denial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back