Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Liverpool FC,49ers
What do we want from our 2015 Fixture?

I'm hoping that we get:

1 Thursday Night Game
2 Friday Night Games (how good would a Friday Night Showdown be!)
2 Sat Night Games
2 Sat/Sun Day games (12:40/1:15/2:50pm)
4 Saturday/Sunday Twilight Games

Surely after topping the Home Crowds list this year, we will be rewarded a bit with better timeslots, but knowing the powers to be we will be screwed again, hopefully Fages will step up to the plate and go into bat a lot harder for us than you know who.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha, forgive my cynicism but for the very reason we aced the average crowd numbers, we will get one or two fabulous timeslots and the rest will be s**t, because the AFL knows that no matter what timeslots they give us we will draw the crowds. Book your flight now for Freo in Perth for the last game, and block out your calendar for every shitty lunchtime and twilight Sunday game known to man.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha, forgive my cynicism but for the very reason we aced the average crowd numbers, we will get one or two fabulous timeslots and the rest will be s**t, because the AFL knows that no matter what timeslots they give us we will draw the crowds. Book your flight now for Freo in Perth for the last game, and block out your calendar for every shitty lunchtime and twilight Sunday game known to man.

Yep. Show you can draw in s**t timeslots and you'll get the s**t timeslots.

On that basis, Collingwood will get none.

C'mon Fagan, let 'er rip!
Correct. They got the late sunday slots 2014 and didn't Eddie go all Lindy about it. Doubt AFL will rattle Eddie's cage with the draw two years in a row, although I'm so sick of the AFL bending over for Collingwood.

Correct. They got the late sunday slots 2014 and didn't Eddie go all Lindy about it. Doubt AFL will rattle Eddie's cage with the draw two years in a row, although I'm so sick of the AFL bending over for Collingwood.
Times have changed somewhat. Collingwood don't get as much of a free ride as clubs like North and Carlton. It's unthinkable that Carlton would get so many Friday nights this year after their 2013 mid-table finish. North are the side that desperately need to be propped up by the AFL. Collingwood is the proverbial cash cow that people have complained about for years, so the AFL are now shifting them from the spotlight.

The only given is that W Bulldogs, St Kilda, and Melbourne will be perennially anchored to the graveyard shifts. The rest of the Vics will be sitting pretty for as long as the competition remains. Just depends which team is in vogue at the time.

from a victorian member point of view, i'd like to see a couple of big 4 matches on friday night, and no sunday twilight games at the g..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it will the usual crap. 1 home friday night game at home. i bet you anything port will get a home showdown in a blockbuster time slot (possible friday night)
we will get west coast away in round 23 away. round one has been said its a crows home game. we are due to play sydney in sydney, hawks in tassie. the worst time slot in sunday 2:50 or 4:10, id rather 12.40 games so im home by 5pm to settle in for work the next day and it gives me time to get over a loss lol. we deserve more night games, saturday night games!

Maybe a easter sunday night game? 7:10? The crows have requested a big victorian club to play in round 1 to celebrate 25 years in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back