News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

So who's wrong Roo or Chapman
My bet is they are both right and both wrong,
Too me what chapaman meant was Pyke is most likly getting the standard payment highlevel managers get when they Quit.
Which is vastly differant to the payout they get when they are sacked. a big differance for a contracted person.
Both technically a form of payout, but they have differant meaning.
Chapman comming from upper managerment would not class the first as a Payout, Roo comming from a differant employment group would class that as a payout. Both are correct. and both are wrong.

The issue is not the payout but the size and what it covers, was it payout to the end of the year with all benifits, or was it a agree payout to reduce the impact of the 2 years left on his deal.

Last edited:
There's a whole bunch of s**t there you don't know.

You don't know the status of Pyke's departure, his contract or what is owed.

You don't know who Pyke directly reports to and who signs off on any payments to him.

You don't know what was paid, but that bit is obvious.

You're guessing, because it suits the opinions you already hold.

And I'm not defending Chapman, who I've said should have left following the Tippett disaster, and who has been here too long.

But the amount of s**t people guess around here to match their pre existing biases is ridiculous.

I'm struggling to understand how the hell you're a CEO.

I am struggling to understand why Pyke would be getting paid out at all if he chose to resign.

I can understand relocation or other expenses that were possibly written into his contract anyway.

Seriously though, if he chose to resign, why tf would he be getting paid anything?

I am struggling to understand why Pyke would be getting paid out at all if he chose to resign.

I can understand relocation or other expenses that were possibly written into his contract anyway.

Seriously though, if he chose to resign, why tf would he be getting paid anything?
Who told you he chose to resign?

No one knows if he did or didn't get a payment

Roo says he got something, was it is holiday leave? the answer is clearly unknown

Chapman says he got nothing in terms of a termination payment but did he get his employee entitlements which are really not a termination payment they are just his work entitlements

They are the only two who have commented so Kane McGoodwin says

Atre there any others from the AFC or Pyke himself quoting anything

So this agreement is an argument without any facts

There's a whole bunch of s**t there you don't know.

You don't know the status of Pyke's departure, his contract or what is owed.

You don't know who Pyke directly reports to and who signs off on any payments to him.

You don't know what was paid, but that bit is obvious.

You're guessing, because it suits the opinions you already hold.

And I'm not defending Chapman, who I've said should have left following the Tippett disaster, and who has been here too long.

But the amount of s**t people guess around here to match their pre existing biases is ridiculous.

Most boards meet every quarter and go through the agenda items presented by the CEO

So ultimately they get to make a call or ratify what the CEO recommends or reject it

The CEO would have the power to make his own call over the majority of items the footy club undertake with a number requiring board approval that he would need to either recommend or not recommend.

Most boards agree with the majority of the CEO's recommendations otherwise they would probably sack him as a CEO if they are poles apart

Can you see how the CEO is the most powerful individual at the club, and so he should be, Fagan was reported to have doubled his salary when joining the crows to $600K per year, that salary isn't paid to pass on messages to the board, he needs to make decisions and recommendations

So who's wrong Roo or Chapman
Roo corrected Chapman & Fagan confirmed there was a smallish settlement.

I honestly don't care what you believe, but I'm very, very confident Chapman once again lied when he was put on the spot. He has a history of this as Chair.

Our next Chair needs to have integrity. This doesn't mean making everything public, but it does means not deliberately lying.

I'm struggling to understand how the hell you're a CEO.
Why? Because I get frustrated that people mouth off about job performance in online forums, when they have limited information to base their opinions on, and they mostly twist it to suit their existing prejudices?

I think people here openly calling Chapman a liar and making sweeping insults to his character is unfair.

And I say that having previously said that I think he should have resigned following the Tippett scandal.

Why? Because I get frustrated that people mouth off about job performance in online forums, when they have limited information to base their opinions on, and they mostly twist it to suit their existing prejudices?

I think people here openly calling Chapman a liar and making sweeping insults to his character is unfair.

And I say that having previously said that I think he should have resigned following the Tippett scandal.

He is a liar.

And he thinks humans only use 5% of their brain.

Prefer he had nothing to do with any football team I support.

Roo corrected Chapman & Fagan confirmed there was a smallish settlement.

I honestly don't care what you believe, but I'm very, very confident Chapman once again lied when he was put on the spot. He has a history of this as Chair.

Our next Chair needs to have integrity. This doesn't mean making everything public, but it does means not deliberately lying.

So Roo said there will be a payment, if I remember rightly, so believe Roo if you like

What its for no one knows

Was it his last pay cheque?

Was it his employee entitlements?

Was it a separation package?

Was it a termination Payment?

ZERO FACTS so many unanswered questions which is Pykes private business, his privacy will not be compromised and it really cant be. No ones privacy will be breached at all here you can guess all you like, but thats all you are doing guessing

Carry on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Roo said there will be a payment, if I remember rightly, so believe Roo if you like

What its for no one knows

Was it his last pay cheque?

Was it his employee entitlements?

Was it a separation package?

Was it a termination Payment?

ZERO FACTS so many unanswered questions which is Pykes private business, his privacy will not be compromised and it really cant be. No ones privacy will be breached at all here you can guess all you like, but thats all you are doing guessing

Carry on

gee I'm glad that's been cleared up once and for all

Me Too

People making up things as FACT

No one apart from Pyke and the AFC know the answers to and they have divulged nothing, as its totally confidential to Pyke himself and his privacy wont be compromised
I’m not sure it can be any clearer than “there won’t be a payment”
And then Roo saying there will be?

Anyone know much about Kelly? I'll be the first to admit I've never really heard his name before at all

Seems reasonably qualified, going off his LinkedIn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back