Prediction Our Rebuild Will Ultimately Fail - Prove Yourself Correct - 5YR Ladder Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at pundit predictions before this year, it's plain we outperformed expectations, so I think the general consensus on here was pretty much aligned with the media.

Afl.com.au had a '10 journalists predict the 2023 season' article in March and none of them had us making finals, with only one person having us as high as 10th. Pretty much everyone had us 12th to 14th, and overall the big overperformers relative to those predictions are Adelaide, GWS and St. Kilda. Geelong, Richmond and Fremantle the underperformers, which is unsurprising since they all dropped out of the eight.

I think next year when similar articles come out we'll be in the finals for most.

Looking at pundit predictions before this year, it's plain we outperformed expectations, so I think the general consensus on here was pretty much aligned with the media.

Afl.com.au had a '10 journalists predict the 2023 season' article in March and none of them had us making finals, with only one person having us as high as 10th. Pretty much everyone had us 12th to 14th, and overall the big overperformers relative to those predictions are Adelaide, GWS and St. Kilda. Geelong, Richmond and Fremantle the underperformers, which is unsurprising since they all dropped out of the eight.

I think next year when similar articles come out we'll be in the finals for most.
Yep good chance we could go backwards next year

Yep good chance we could go backwards next year
Or also a very good chance to win those close games and not only contend for the 8 but the top 4? Our goal kicking has been extremely s**t, Laird had a s**t season, Fogarty and Thilthorpe have been inconsistent, McAdams wasn't in the side for most of the year and we've been carrying Sloane and Smith for the entire season (surely the cooked senior players can't be carried next year if the expectation is on us making Finals so Nicks won't make this amateur mistake again) and Soligo and Rachele showed excellent sign when they transitioned into the midfield for 2 months at the start of the season so they will be able to sustain this longer after another preseason.

Nope, but I've been asked by people who want to. I've never really known the answer.

Necessity is the most important factor I reckon if you're using it a lot, you naturally improve or at least understand what you don't know but need to know. I've used google a lot, 'how do I....... in excel'. I haven't done a course since about 1999, so not sure how valuable they are. I know I learned a couple of cool things back then but didn't need or use any of it, so had forgotten how to do it when I did need it a few years ago.

Serious question, if someone wanted to get better at Excel....what would you suggest
Try and integrate into a group of people already experienced and frequently using it and get help from them whenever you hit a roadblock.

Its a pity there's no easy way to get emulators to run old versions of excel like 2000 or 2003 as they'd be by far the best ones to learn on. I hate the latest versions, all you can do with them is try your best and use google to get help from the various helpful help sites out there.

Serious question, if someone wanted to get better at Excel....what would you suggest
The YouTube channel 'excelisfun' is pretty good. Beyond formal resources like that (free or paid), mainly you'll get better at it just by using it, so try and find excuses to do stuff in Excel you've never done before, and google how to do it or ask for help from others.

Also, I dunno if you'd wanna claim most got it right.

In 2022 (done halfway thru the season) 2 ppl overestimated our ladder position, 3 got it correct, and 5 got it too low.

In 2023 3 overestimated our ladder position, two of those were ones who joined in 2023 (noting that all the 2023 joiners were more positive than the 2022ers), one got it correct and 10 got it too low.

Considering the lack of the most negative posters on this site from providing contributions, I'd say its not unreasonable that the data, although still probably too small of a dataset to make really concrete conclusions, is beginning to show that this board is overly negative. Who knew??

View attachment 1787113

Just thought I might give this a bump. It seems many are disillusioned by our trade period and may want to revise their forecasts down.

I think Sanders who backed in Jackster above who had the most negative (and so far most wrong) view of the crows future performance might want to revise downward even further.

What about you George Kramer?

Everyone tag in the optimists and pessimists, everyone should die (or not) on the hills they choose to support (and by support I mean crap on about on BF).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought I might give this a bump. It seems many are disillusioned by our trade period and may want to revise their forecasts down.

I think Sanders who backed in Jackster above who had the most negative (and so far most wrong) view of the crows future performance might want to revise downward even further.

What about you George Kramer?

Everyone tag in the optimists and pessimists, everyone should die (or not) on the hills they choose to support (and by support I mean crap on about on BF).
If we aren't playing Finals next year thread is going to deliver

4th , 9th, 5th (3rd )

Someone out of finals, will make it.so hopefully us.

Apply it to real life. For example, create a spreadsheet to understand your home loan and what happens if interest rate changes or you make extra repayments.

To do this start using formulas like PMT which calculates annul payments.

Build the spreadsheet out - add in another tab for your superannuation. Car loan, savings etc.

bit a great way to learn it and also will be useful to understand your own finances.

Apply it to real life. For example, create a spreadsheet to understand your home loan and what happens if interest rate changes or you make extra repayments.
I have everything paid off, however I do live rent free in some posters heads. :$

As far as rebuild goes, I think we have the most first and second round draft picks in our squad that we ever had. We will have a best 22 in coming years where close to 20 of them will be from the pointier end of the draft.

There is a different make up to this crows squad than previous ones that have failed.

Whether that is sufficient to deliver a flag, of just means we fail but in a different way only time will tell.

We will likely finish bottom 4, like we would have last year if we didn't get double games against some real bad sides. We have progressed from a really bad side to a bad side with occasional glimpses of ok.

More specifically I would say we're a team that will be difficult to play against any game we max out our physicality, but we lack the top talent in the important parts of the ground to be anything more than an occasional spoiler.

Anywhere from 7 to 12 I'd say, depending on the usual fortunes of professional sports.

I wouldn't call them predictions - more like absolute guesses. Here is my guess:

2020 - Wooden Spoon
2021 - 15th
2022 - 14th -
2023 - 14th - Nicks sacked
2024 - 6th
2025 - 4th
2026 - 5th

2022 - Nailed it.
2023 - 1 win and % above 14th and Nicks keeps his job.

2024/2025 - 6th and 4th looks about right with where our list is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back