Ozark thread with lots of spoilers (spoiler tag free)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
given people who dont want to be spoiled still want to post in the other ozark thread before watching (about what im not sure) We have made a seperate spoiler thread for those who do want to be spoiled on the latest season

Ok heres spoilers at particular parts of the latest season.

5 mins before start of episode 1

who do we think will die this season?

my guess is mia and wendy and maybe jonah.

Spoiler 5 mins into episode 1
[ spoiler] ok its not wendy or jonah. Thanks for spoiling your own bloody show and ruining my hope for an early wendy death [/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 3
[ spoiler] ok with the cop dead it now looks like they will be killing all the minor support characters who they have no need for again. my guess is mia and the chicago mafia dudes

and why is the lawyer dude who worked with a billionaire now contemplating working with little old wendy? Surely the billionaire pays better. And where does he think wendy gets her money from?
[/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 4
[ spoiler] ok wyatts dying. poor attempt made to wrap up the massive plot hole as to why charlotte and wyatt no longer interact after being best buddies for the first two seasons. Apparently charlotte thinks wyatt fell off the face of the earth for some reason even though everyone else she interacts with knows exactly where he is [/ spoiler ]

spoiler episode 5
[ spoiler] wyatt freaking out. Hes a gonna. Or he is going to kill darlene. Whatever way it goes its going to be dramatic. [/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 6
[ spoiler] mafia dude gone but not his penisless son (is that how we label it?)? And ruth now appears to like penisless son? The same guy she wanted dead last season. Wtf? Does she even know why she doesnt like the birds anymore given she now has the hots for the man without one? Oh right its ben. But thats just a wendy thing. Even the birds now all hate wendy. Except for charlotte who hated her the most in season 2 and now likes her. My guess here is that between season 2 and 3 Marty invented a charlotte clone who has been the charlotte we have seen since the start of season 3. The other charlotte ran off and eloped with wyatt who has now also been replaced with a clone to f*** darlene for some reason. occams razor people. Its the only outcome that makes sense with with wyatt and charlottes characters Post season 2.

ps greatest line of the season. "Im a 40 year old man". Genuine lol. I thought he was supposed to be playing a 18-25 year old immature idiot.

oh and wyatt going back to darlene for shotgun wedding (well kind of). This is going to be red wedding esque. it makes zero sense but Bring it on [/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 7
[ spoiler] so wyatt dead. Check. But darlene killed by lalo salumanca version2 with no dramatic finish? She had no grand plan. Nothing? Wtf writers.

ruth acting brilliant. She and marty need to ride off into the sunset. They are now jesse and walt without the walt heel turn.

and ive still got no idea why the cartel boss would trust the fbi? And why does he even want to go to america? he also has no grand plan.

and how the f*** did Red get a girlfriend? Doesnt he just spend all day sitting on the couch wondering why his brother deserted him to f*** an eighty year old?

oh and i still want wendy to die a tortuous death. such a dumb character. No redeeming qualities and no consistency.
[/spoiler ]

what did you think of the season? What happens next?

Last edited:
Deer Popcorn GIF

Okay Seeds, having just re-watched the last few episodes here's my prediction for what it's worth...

With 7 episodes to come, plenty of twists and turns possible. I think Javi discovers his uncle Omar's dealings with the Feds and assassinates him (possibly on American soil, allowing the FBI to mount an assault on the Navarro cartel in Mexico.)

I suspect Javi is killed by Ruth in the Lake of the Ozarks in retaliation for Wyatt. Ruth survives and leaves Missouri with Ben's ashes. After the deaths of Omar and Javi, the Byrdes are free from any reprisals or commitments to the cartel and are given amnesty by the Feds.

As they return to Chicago, they have the accident that leaves Charlotte and/or Jonah dead. I think this is the price Marty and Wendy pay for their sins. The car accident seems like a Deus ex Machina to fit this purpose. I agree with others that it's strange it would be foreshadowed in the first episode, but the writers have plotted this whole series magnificently and I think/hope it will live up to expectations.

Is it only me or did anyone else find the Cartels lawyer Helen as hot as *? Just had something about her and played the role so well. Made me want to be naughty and get arrested so she could represent me! 🤓🤣👠😍

I was shattered when Navarro splattered her brains all over Wendy’s head at the end of season 3.

Okay Seeds, having just re-watched the last few episodes here's my prediction for what it's worth...

With 7 episodes to come, plenty of twists and turns possible. I think Javi discovers his uncle Omar's dealings with the Feds and assassinates him (possibly on American soil, allowing the FBI to mount an assault on the Navarro cartel in Mexico.)

I suspect Javi is killed by Ruth in the Lake of the Ozarks in retaliation for Wyatt. Ruth survives and leaves Missouri with Ben's ashes. After the deaths of Omar and Javi, the Byrdes are free from any reprisals or commitments to the cartel and are given amnesty by the Feds.

As they return to Chicago, they have the accident that leaves Charlotte and/or Jonah dead. I think this is the price Marty and Wendy pay for their sins. The car accident seems like a Deus ex Machina to fit this purpose. I agree with others that it's strange it would be foreshadowed in the first episode, but the writers have plotted this whole series magnificently and I think/hope it will live up to expectations.
I dont think charlotte or jonah dies. But who knows. It would be unexpected. the expected end is probably marty dies and wendy goes to prison. Hope we get the unexpected.

Is it only me or did anyone else find the Cartels lawyer Helen as hot as fu**? Just had something about her and played the role so well. Made me want to be naughty and get arrested so she could represent me! 🤓🤣👠😍

I was shattered when Navarro splattered her brains all over Wendy’s head at the end of season 3.
I think it was only you ;)

given people who dont want to be spoiled still want to post in the other ozark thread before watching (about what im not sure) We have made a seperate spoiler thread for those who do want to be spoiled on the latest season

Ok heres spoilers at particular parts of the latest season.

5 mins before start of episode 1

who do we think will die this season?

my guess is mia and wendy and maybe jonah.

Spoiler 5 mins into episode 1
[ spoiler] ok its not wendy or jonah. Thanks for spoiling your own bloody show and ruining my hope for an early wendy death [/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 3
[ spoiler] ok with the cop dead it now looks like they will be killing all the minor support characters who they have no need for again. my guess is mia and the chicago mafia dudes

and why is the lawyer dude who worked with a billionaire now contemplating working with little old wendy? Surely the billionaire pays better. And where does he think wendy gets her money from?
[/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 4
[ spoiler] ok wyatts dying. poor attempt made to wrap up the massive plot hole as to why charlotte and wyatt no longer interact after being best buddies for the first two seasons. Apparently charlotte thinks wyatt fell off the face of the earth for some reason even though everyone else she interacts with knows exactly where he is [/ spoiler ]

spoiler episode 5
[ spoiler] wyatt freaking out. Hes a gonna. Or he is going to kill darlene. Whatever way it goes its going to be dramatic. [/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 6
[ spoiler] mafia dude gone but not his penisless son (is that how we label it?)? And ruth now appears to like penisless son? The same guy she wanted dead last season. Wtf? Does she even know why she doesnt like the birds anymore given she now has the hots for the man without one? Oh right its ben. But thats just a wendy thing. Even the birds now all hate wendy. Except for charlotte who hated her the most in season 2 and now likes her. My guess here is that between season 2 and 3 Marty invented a charlotte clone who has been the charlotte we have seen since the start of season 3. The other charlotte ran off and eloped with wyatt who has now also been replaced with a clone to f*** darlene for some reason. occams razor people. Its the only outcome that makes sense with with wyatt and charlottes characters Post season 2.

ps greatest line of the season. "Im a 40 year old man". Genuine lol. I thought he was supposed to be playing a 18-25 year old immature idiot.

oh and wyatt going back to darlene for shotgun wedding (well kind of). This is going to be red wedding esque. it makes zero sense but Bring it on [/spoiler ]

spoiler episode 7
[ spoiler] so wyatt dead. Check. But darlene killed by lalo salumanca version2 with no dramatic finish? She had no grand plan. Nothing? Wtf writers.

ruth acting brilliant. She and marty need to ride off into the sunset. They are now jesse and walt without the walt heel turn.

and ive still got no idea why the cartel boss would trust the fbi? And why does he even want to go to america? he also has no grand plan.

and how the f*** did Red get a girlfriend? Doesnt he just spend all day sitting on the couch wondering why his brother deserted him to f*** an eighty year old?

oh and i still want wendy to die a tortuous death. such a dumb character. No redeeming qualities and no consistency.
[/spoiler ]

what did you think of the season? What happens next?
Peak Seeds, would read again :thumbsu: :tearsofjoy:

Yeah you could be onto it there, I was expecting the timeline to catch up to the car crash in ep 7.

It would feel even more like a cheap deus ex machina if it just came out of nowhere in the last ep, having it as a known event in a flashforward negates that somewhat.

Yeah you could be onto it there, I was expecting the timeline to catch up to the car crash in ep 7.

It would feel even more like a cheap deus ex machina if it just came out of nowhere in the last ep, having it as a known event in a flashforward negates that somewhat.
I am gunna be disappointed if that is how this season ends and surely not? 🤬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think charlotte or jonah dies. But who knows. It would be unexpected. the expected end is probably marty dies and wendy goes to prison. Hope we get the unexpected.

I think both Marty and Wendy die. Or maybe your suggestion. Either way Charlotte & Jonah will be parentless by the end of the show, based on their foreshadowing conversation about what they'd do if something happened to their parents.

Would they get credit if they legitimately ended the show with them ironically dying from something completely unrelated to their life?

From the dark angle, I'd like to see them end with the kids dying as a bit of a "what was all that for" kinda thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back