Votes: 3 3.5%

Votes: 6 7.0%

Votes: 19 22.1%

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How can players run on to a ground to play footy and not expect contact at all times.
Parker got his whack and that’s cool but Smith was running like he was running to retrieve the frisbee in the park, zero awareness and made himself a sitting duck.
He needs to simply give the game away if that is his awareness level.
Me thinks after this he will be giving the game away.
Not sure he gets paid enough to play football and risk worse next time.
Heck he is going to probably struggle to even get his injuries completely healed, if he had the same backing and resources of an AFL player on the other hand........

Head clash is an accident and accepted by the tribunal as careless, not intentional.

If it was his forearm /shoulder it WOULD be 6 weeks - but the panty wetters who want to make a head clash intentional are dribbling at the mouth.
Mal you REALLY have to learn what "intentional" means in different circumstances.

It's a pain to see this sort of comment every time.

Thought it was 4-5, the crazy thing to me if there was no injury that action is probably 0 or 1.

That action is nowhere near as bad as the Pickett, De Goey and Stewart bumps in the last couple of years which all resulted in lesser penalties

I tell you what's not at all surprising but no less hilarious, and that's Longmire's comments about poor Luke who is a good guy who just got it wrong, who acted with no malice, and it was really because the Frankston player collided with the back of Luke's head... almost implying it was somewhat the fault of the guy who was collected.

Compare and contrast this to his comments after the Peter Wright incident where it's disappointing to lose Cunningham for a few weeks, how disappointed he is in that, that Essendon "came out with intent in the physical space", had apparntly talked it up all week, and that he found it interesting that there were some quarters who were almost implying it was the fault of Cunningham for not bracing. Also that the footy industry is "moving along" in learning how to protect from head trauma.

What an absolute hypocrite. Not surprising, but pretty damn funny how he reacts when the shoe is on the other foot

Only thing that is laughable is somehow Cameron and his good person excuse worked with just as many charges lol...yet Parker can't use it. I agree with it not being used but how in the blue moon did Cameron get to use it!
Cameron had been fined 5 times, and 0 suspensions.
Parker has 14 fines and a 1 week suspension.

Their records are not the same.

Cameron had been fined 5 times, and 0 suspensions.
Parker has 14 fines and a 1 week suspension.

Their records are not the same.

It shouldn’t have been able to be used period regardless how many. It was farcical that it was able to be used

I don't disagree that he deserves a whack, but I do think 6 feels on the harsher end of the scale. Like Webster got 7 and this I don't think was on the same level as that.

Appears to be more of a punishment about the end result to the Franga player, rather than Parker's action.

I was actually surprised by the severity of the injury from the footage.
Didnt really look fast / severe enough but i think thats due to the footage.
The severity clearly was a massive factor in the decision.

If this was a "garden variety" concussion due to head on head contact he probably gets 4 weeks.
Yep. It concerns me that punishments are given based on the severity of the injury rather than the actions of the offender. In a parallel universe, other bloke deflects to shoulder and Parker is fined for rough conduct. Same crime was committed, but the outcome leads to a very different punishment. Would much rather players punished for conduct rather than how much blood lands on the grass.

Yep. It concerns me that punishments are given based on the severity of the injury rather than the actions of the offender. In a parallel universe, other bloke deflects to shoulder and Parker is fined for rough conduct. Same crime was committed, but the outcome leads to a very different punishment. Would much rather players punished for conduct rather than how much blood lands on the grass.

This has been a thing for years, well before 2021 even.

the AFL CEO was quick to add that it should now be clear that players can still choose to bump an opponent, but they will be accountable for the outcome of the clash and any subsequent injury.

You choose to bump, you're responsible for the consequences that follow. Don't make that choice, or be damn sure you execute it well and don't smash a blokes face in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he’s a top bloke, top blokes don’t get suspended, he’s only been suspended once. look at barry hall, he’s so different than luke parker because he got suspended so often
Yeah I'm sure that's it.
Hey I've been wondering, what is the truth about McGrath? Is it that he's the crimson chin?

day series GIF

Thought it was 4-5, the crazy thing to me if there was no injury that action is probably 0 or 1.

That action is nowhere near as bad as the Pickett, De Goey and Stewart bumps in the last couple of years which all resulted in lesser penalties

The landscape has altered dramatically over the past couple of years.

Perhaps the severity of the injury are a better measure of the actions than camera footage.

Regards

S. Pete

Back