Parsons elbow on Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

I think 3, maybe 3 down to 2. I am not sure if it was a 'dog act' or not, maybe because Parsons hasn't had a chance to build a reputation one way or the other.

When I first saw it I thought it was a reactive move moreso than intentional - more like sticking the leg out to trip a player who had suddenly changed direction after you had committed to make contact or tackle. Regardless of reason, it is still not something we want in the game. I am glad Hodge is okay though, it could have been very nasty.

As much Hodge's fault as anything else? Come on.
Did the wrong thing in a split second decision. Given Hodges lack of reaction I'd expect 2 down to 1 (low impact, intentional). MRP lotto on the grading though.
Hodge propped at the wrong time and got clipped, it's a split second and Parsons could've missed, he didn't and will cop a penalty.

Should be given a pay rise, a guaranteed starting 22 spot for the rest of his career & 3 brownlow votes. Nah seriously I'd say 3 weeks would be fair though tribunal is weaker these days so might reduce to 2 with the early plea. I don't mind seeing Luke Hodge getting roughed up for his countless off the ball snipes over the years but I wouldn't wish a broken jaw on anyone so think really stuff like this should be more than 2 weeks, due to the fact he got right back up it really could be less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deserves a month minimum, will get 2

Classic scenario where because it hit at a particular angle and doesn't break a bone - he gets a lighter sentence

But an innocuous bump that causes a concussion nets a month

IMO - swinging elbows on the run is almost as bad as it gets

He probably would have been BOG for you today.

Maybe, but thats not hard...considering you only needed to have a pulse to be BOG for us today, we played like s**t. Doesn't change the fact his a sniping little dog does it?

How good were his 2 goals? Played a great role in the 86 point demolition of your mob.

Once again, nothing about his performance... his a sniping little dog.

If your kids were playing as well as Parsons did in his second game, maybe you wouldn't be losing by 80+ points in consecutive weeks.

and once again.... just read above (if you can)
You Geelong fans are such utter flogs lol.... still all so butthuuuurt over 2008 and 13 prelim. #whenitmatters...

Classic scenario where because it hit at a particular angle and doesn't break a bone - he gets a lighter sentence

And your stance on what Thompson did to Dangerfield and the sentence he got?

Will get a week, high, low impact, reckless. End up a fine. No damage done, silly thing to do, move on

Careful, common sense logic like that could get you barred from Hawkland.

I wouldn't be surprised at 2 down to 1, that would be fair.

Coming from a fan base that whinged when Lycett got a week for straight up punching Vickery in the face? Yeah, keep going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back