Pauline Hanson - One Nation Party

Remove this Banner Ad

h-1.png

Pauline Hanson has been looking for ways to stand out from a growing array of conservative rivals in the federal election. Diary understands the One Nation leader is poised to launch a bold attempt to lure a new breed of voters in the 18-35 age group.
Hanson is about to release a 20-episode South Park-style cartoon series called Please Explain, which will take the mickey out of pollies of every persuasion.

I don't know what variety of cocaine James Ashby is currently snorting, but I want some.

Pauline Hanson has been looking for ways to stand out from a growing array of conservative rivals in the federal election. Diary understands the One Nation leader is poised to launch a bold attempt to lure a new breed of voters in the 18-35 age group.
Hanson is about to release a 20-episode South Park-style cartoon series called Please Explain, which will take the mickey out of pollies of every persuasion.

I don't know what variety of cocaine James Ashby is currently snorting, but I want some.

milhouse-looking-glass.gif

No1 takes 1960 Karen seriously anymore except a bunch of old boomers. Different year same schtik.
Sadly there is still quite a few in Qld that share her views.
Will be interesting when the day is moved and then they have to "just get over it"

So according to Pauline indigenous Australians are not victims of historical dispossession and repression but anti-vaxxers are victimised by a safe, free vaccine.
Wait, you don't actually think that she's motivated by actual principles, do you? ;)

She’s in it for the money. It’s so obvious.

She's also in it for the attention and the shock factor.

IMO she has antisocial, narcissistic and histrionic traits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but I think it is mainly about the money.

Not 100% on these numbers, but it's something like this: provided you get at least 6% of first preferences, you get about $2.90 per vote from the AEC.

ON got around 3.5% of the PV last time, and I don't think she does that well this time.

ON got around 3.5% of the PV last time, and I don't think she does that well this time.

I believe she attracts 3.5% as she doesn’t run in all seats…

She will comfortably get her seat back for the senate in this years election considering the last time she was number 3 selection for the qld representative… also if you consider Malcolm Roberts easily got in in the 2019 election and comfortably beat Larissa waters who apparently is some greens star I dont think she has anything to worry about.

Wow I thought she consistently got around 10%. Times are changing

That was back in 1998.

It's like how the KKK are better known for their 60's exploits, when they were more dangerous and widespread in the 20's.

In the Senate she did get 5.5% of the PV.

In Queensland as a whole, she probably will. Polling north of that figure at present (as are the Greens).

In 2019, she got just under 9%; the Greens got just over 10%.

In Queensland, independents don't seem to be as much of a thing as they are down south, except in Ryan. I originally compared Brisbane to Higgins and Ryan to Wentworth, but I think in reality both are like Higgins, and are surprisingly similar to one another. Breakfast Creek is a conservative part of inner-city Brisbane, but Ryan has more conservative suburban types. However, both also have more than their fair share of neoliberal, inner-city, socially progressive types.

I do think that the Greens do a bit better this time (maybe up to 12%?), but that ON perform significantly worse (maybe 5-6%?). Parties led by Pauline tend to flame out, and surely her anti-vax campaign will be repellent to her older base? Older people tend socially conservative, but they generally don't like dying and so strongly favour vaccines if anything. Old person /= conspiracy theorist.

In 2019, she got just under 9%; the Greens got just over 10%.

In Queensland, independents don't seem to be as much of a thing as they are down south, except in Ryan. I originally compared Brisbane to Higgins and Ryan to Wentworth, but I think in reality both are like Higgins, and are surprisingly similar to one another. Breakfast Creek is a conservative part of inner-city Brisbane, but Ryan has more conservative suburban types. However, both also have more than their fair share of neoliberal, inner-city, socially progressive types.

I do think that the Greens do a bit better this time (maybe up to 12%?), but that ON perform significantly worse (maybe 5-6%?). Parties led by Pauline tend to flame out, and surely her anti-vax campaign will be repellent to her older base? Older people tend socially conservative, but they generally don't like dying and so strongly favour vaccines if anything. Old person /= conspiracy theorist.

Absolutely zero chance the greens out poll One Nation up here

Absolutely zero chance the greens out poll One Nation up here

You wouldn't think so at face value, but it turns out that they actually did last time.

I'm hardly an uncritical Greens supporter, but IMO ON have done their best to repel their relatively old base during this election cycle, what with their anti-vax hysteria. The Greens haven't done that; at least not yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back