kp junior

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Alex Pearce since coming back from injury this year is now comfortably our best key position player. He’s a significantly better player than he was pre injury IMO.

Do we need our best KPP at CHF?

Wasn’t great forward before the injury, but perhaps at least try it a few games to see how version 2.0 looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Pearce since coming back from injury this year is now comfortably our best key position player. He’s a significantly better player than he was pre injury IMO.

Do we need our best KPP at CHF?

Wasn’t great forward before the injury, but perhaps at least try it a few games to see how version 2.0 looks

Just because he is a gun defender doesn't mean he is a gun forward. See virtually every KPD swung forward for evidence.

Big no from me, let the backline settle together. More important part of the ground to get right IMO.

Hamling forward instead?

233686.jpg

Might be something worth trying if we are out of finals contention later in the year. I'm pretty sure Kenyan has always said he'll end up a forward. Hasn't shown half the ability up front as yet though.

If Richmond are a good 7 goals up at half time I think swinging Alex foward is a good idea. Richmond have a small side so we don’t need to load our defense with giants. Fyfe forward would be the better option though if it they blow it open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flexibility is the key. By all means keep him back but he shouldn’t be banned from ever entering the forward line. IMHO they’re footballers first and foremost, and only then mids/forwards/backs. We should be encouraging our players to develop in all areas.

He’s never been played forward since he’s been legit good. Only when he was a skinny rookie

I agree with the idea of flexibility. We should try Crowden in the ruck to help him round out his game.

In all seriousness though, it seems counterproductive to take a key plank of a defensive unit that is still developing out - to play him in a role that is unfamiliar, because it seems like a good idea. There's no long term benefit unless we happen to have a surplus of AA capable key defenders on our list and need somewhere for them to play.

No. Close thread.
We're not going to do this swing man just like Conolly did with Mcpharlin. Robbed him of his best years playing him out of position. Same with Pav. Let's be reasonable and leave Pearce do what he does best

Close the thread please..... he should not move. I don’t see Hardwick throwing Rance forward

He might to match up on Pearce.....I'll let myself out.

What if we have McGovern lined up?

Well that will strengthen our defensive midfield capacity ...which we may need when Crowden is covering in the ruck for Darcy.

Back