Peel Thunder 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to do something like politicians do.

They pay media people to do promos and documentaries for the club.

Maybe, should spend x on this and maybe influence some media to more positive about Fremantle.

In some ways I think he overcompensates a bit by not being as critical as he probably should be about the other mob.

I'm happy to think he's objective and fair.This caused a stir #backintheday :oops:.
West Coast Eagles malaise - Saturday Extra - ABC Radio ...

QUOTE:Mark Duffield: Yes, that's right. And when you take on West Coast you have to be very aware you're taking on the big end of town. And they know they have muscle, and they know that they have significant influence, and they're happy to use that influence where they feel it's appropriate, even when other people often feel it's inappropriate.

Last edited:
Yeah, I enjoy reading duff and lacey, and there's a new guy as well that goes about it the right way (he wrote an article during the Neale contracts and took the time to research and talk to management instead of shooting from the hip)

I think with ex freo players popping up in media more, things will slowly start to turn. I enjoy listening to Shauny mac, Peter Bell, and of course Pav - and they're all balanced in their views, opposed to the other mob

Yeah, I enjoy reading duff and lacey, and there's a new guy as well that goes about it the right way (he wrote an article during the Neale contracts and took the time to research and talk to management instead of shooting from the hip)

I think with ex freo players popping up in media more, things will slowly start to turn. I enjoy listening to Shauny mac, Peter Bell, and of course Pav - and they're all balanced in their views, opposed to the other mob
Yeah and Langdon and Basil Zemplis and Barich totally one eyed condescending muppets complete wet toast stooges

Anyone else find it funny Clarke is playing for Subiaco after Deflecto was bagging the crap out of him for years?

Got to say I’m already worried about Strnadica. He’s going to need lots of injuries to even get a go. Even Darcy, Meek, Jones, Dixon and Apeness doesn’t really fit into the forwards and rucks and that’s with Cox playing back as well. All but Apeness are contracted for next season.

Strnadica Was always going to take time hopefully they play him forward this year.

Cox needs to play forward also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those at the game, do you have any observations about Cerra's fitness level, and his ability to play out a game? Did he play 4 quarters?
From the game I saw last week, after the first quarter he looked like he was labouring a bit trying to get to stoppages and until the 4th quarter he didn't provide a lot in transition.
He played the full game, he didn't seem to struggle in the contest and did manage to link up 4 or 5 times in the 4th quarter so maybe it's his running style adds to his tired look.
There weren't any question marks over his fitness coming into the draft so I'm not concerned long term but it's clear that missing 3 months of running due to dodgy medical advice set him back a bit.

From the game I saw last week, after the first quarter he looked like he was labouring a bit trying to get to stoppages and until the 4th quarter he didn't provide a lot in transition.
He played the full game, he didn't seem to struggle in the contest and did manage to link up 4 or 5 times in the 4th quarter so maybe it's his running style adds to his tired look.
There weren't any question marks over his fitness coming into the draft so I'm not concerned long term but it's clear that missing 3 months of running due to dodgy medical advice set him back a bit.
I think fitness will hold him back for a few games. But we need his class.

Really happy to hear that North did well yesterday. I've had a couple quick chats with him and he comes across as a really nice, genuine bloke. You can't help but want him to do well when meeting him.

He is really enjoying Fremantle as well. Apparently already put on about 5 kgs of muscle as well since getting drafted. He definitely has the right attributes to develop into a very strong mid.

He is really enjoying Fremantle as well. Apparently already put on about 5 kgs of muscle as well since getting drafted. He definitely has the right attributes to develop into a very strong mid.
This is good news. I feel that the reason we went for north might have been related to a Cerra “handcuff” as well as his obvious talent

Do you think he could play high forward or back? How long do you think he could get to a reasonable fitness?

With all the new recruits and growing optimism around the playing group... I can understand why the media still only report about our troubled star Harley Bennell.

The media could just as easily report on some of the newbies, share their background and their stories. Give families and kids something to aspire to / visible role models for the game... but nah, let’s bang on and on about Harley.

#themediaisruiningsociety

Remove this Banner Ad

Back