Pennywise @ The Palace This Sunday Night...

Remove this Banner Ad

dogupya

Cancelled
Western Bulldogs - Ryan Hargrave 2007 Player Sponsor Western Bulldogs - Ryan Hargrave 2006 Player Sponsor
Aug 18, 2004
upya
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cursed Dogs....
Should be a corker!!

In 95 they played at the palace with bodyjar and one inch punch, still to this day I have not been to a punk gig that has been able to match the intensity and energy of that night, it was mayhem!!!

Here's hoping that the boys, although a bit older now, can deliver the goods and ensure that I come home on sunday night with a few injuries!!

Anyone else going?

I was going to go, but have a 21st to go to instead. Seen Pennywise a few times now and they always put on a good show.
Dog, are you a fan of One Inch Punch/MYC? did you go to the reunion show at the Arty a few weeks back?

Since the Melbourne show isnt an AA gig i decided to make the trip up to sydney to see them, best f**kin show iv ever been to!!!

Goons of Doom, the supporting band are sh*thouse though. Although the chick in it has a fine ass.

I've had my ticket for a month now... absolutely pumped!! I saw them four years ago when they played on the Warped tour at Flemington... it was only a short set but boy did it kick arse!! I just hope they play 'Secret' off their first album and roll out the classics instead of just plugging their new stuff.

How was the gig?
Its the first time ive missed them since 96 after seeing them about 10 times, but had other commitments. Gutted.

FrangaRoo said:
How was the gig?
Its the first time ive missed them since 96 after seeing them about 10 times, but had other commitments. Gutted.
Just stumbled into work.....

I stand by the fact that the palace is the perfect venue towatch a band like pennywise and they did not disappoint. The crowd could have done a bit more but the show was air tight and fast as F***. They played for about 1 1/2 hours and played a lot of back catalogue. They made regular mention of the fact they played at the palace 11 years ago and asked who was there.... Then they busted a few numbers from the blue album and this little dog went about creating a circle pit with no holds barred....

As per usual the closing number had everybody chanting like it was a world cup final and the stage was full of punters who got their chance to get up close and personal with the band.

Had the privelidge of drinking with the boys on that warped tour and somehow wrangled my way onto the stage to atch them play. At the time 3:11 were playing and Josh Freese was their drummer, also the Vandals were on that tour. I stood behind the great man and watched him go about his craft, amazing player, so gifted and very humble despite what people may think. I was full of prasie for him and he was so thankful for the feedback, very refreshing!

Yeah, Vandal, possiblely my all time favourite Aus punk band (One Inch Punch) Went to both reunion shows, they did one some time last year as well. I will never forget the show they did with Lagwagon at the Paladin in 96. A room the size of a kitchen and dudes flying from the the rafters and off the bar, it was mayhem:thumbsu:

Seen em a few times, definitely know how to put on a good show, and a really tight band (especially for a punk band)

I should've been there, dammit.
Pennywise will always hold a special place in my heart.
"Tonight i will rage...against the forces of faAATE!!"
gotta love em, and they never disappoint live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back