Analysis Permutations

Remove this Banner Ad

Just done some ladder predicting and i know this is a long shot, but my final 8 ended up as.

Swans
Hawks
Cats
Dockers
Power
Roos
Dons
Eagles

If results went the wrong/right way in week 1 of the finals.
Thats would give us Freo v Swans with the loser playing the winner of Port v Eagles.

Food for thought!

Just done some ladder predicting and i know this is a long shot, but my final 8 ended up as.

Swans
Hawks
Cats
Dockers
Power
Roos
Dons
Eagles

If results went the wrong/right way in week 1 of the finals.
Thats would give us Freo v Swans with the loser playing the winner of Port v Eagles.

Food for thought!

I see this as a bad thing. Any other team would struggle against us at home with 40 000 fans egging us on. However a brutal derby with a 50/50 support would be disasterous even if we win IMO. Would take a lot out of the tank.

I see this as a bad thing. Any other team would struggle against us at home with 40 000 fans egging us on. However a brutal derby with a 50/50 support would be disasterous even if we win IMO. Would take a lot out of the tank.

On the other side of the coin, I would love to play Port at home. They are in shocking form.

At least Richmond will be playing for the finals in round 23, so they should push Sydney very hard for the win and I think we can push Sydney on (the oval in Sydney which is not the SCG)

I think the possibility of Eagles finishing 8th and beating Port is very likely, so if we lose it could be a compromised home final.

Therefore I'd prefer the Roos to finish 5th for us to exact our revenge.

Otherwise just beat Sydney at ANZ, Sydney is forced to play a home game against riff-raff and then they'll amazingly topple Hawks at the MCG, and end up completely wiped out and set us up for an easy GF win.

On the other side of the coin, I would love to play Port at home. They are in shocking form.

At least Richmond will be playing for the finals in round 23, so they should push Sydney very hard for the win and I think we can push Sydney on (the oval in Sydney which is not the SCG)

Port will lose to whomever they play, regardless of it being a home game.

Just a question but are you all really 100% confident that you could beat Geelong, it's an honest question surely you have to have a little respect for Geelong's ability at this stage.

As a Cats fan your permutations of a Geelong Vs Freo GF being preferred is also what a lot of Cats fans would feel is our best chance of winning.

Maybe subconsciously we are just admitting Sydney and Hawthorn are better then us this year.

I want to play Geelong in finals. Anywhere. Please finish on top. I reckon you're cooked.

At least Richmond will be playing for the finals in roun

d 23, so they should push Sydney very hard for the win and I think we can push Sydney on (the oval in Sydney which is not the SCG)

I reckon a desperate Richmond will beat Sydney.The last thing Sydney want to be doing is playing a hard,tough,physical game a week before finals.

I reckon a desperate Richmond will beat Sydney.The last thing Sydney want to be doing is playing a hard,tough,physical game a week before finals.
As much as it would be fun to see Richmond make it, I don't think they have the defense to hold Sydney.

If it isn't Richmond, I would prefer Adelaide to stay in.

I think they will be resting players against Richmond. If Geelong win this week Sydney play a home final.

The race is run. We win this week, we finish fourth.

Even if we win the next two games by ten goals each we won't jump Hawthorn into third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Geelong and us have shown in the last 2 weeks beating Carlton is no easy task. I think Port will struggle to get over the Blues.

I'd be tipping Carltank on current form.
MM seems to have them playing pretty good footy at the present time.

As MM says" no better feeling than winning games your not expected to win "

My feeling is we finish top 4 and will play Sydney at ANZ stadium . If we loose the next week we will play Adelaide at Patersons and then meet Hawthorn or Geelong at the MCG . Win that and we play Sydney in the Grand final .

Unfortunately I can't see us winning the GF if we lose the 1st week.. we could potentially get over Geelong at the MCG but will probably fall short on the big day. Sydney are still in incredible form and it would take our absolute best to beat them... I think I'd actually prefer Geelong in week 1 as they're a bunch of pretenders.

I get a feeling, a little bit of an inkling that if ladder positions in the four are the same at the end of the H&A season, we are going to play at the SCG.

The reason? The NRL have final round matches at ANZ and the AFL may just say **** it let's put it at the SCG this time as opposed to bending the NRL over like last year.

Get ready for qualifying final déjà vu Freo style......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get a feeling, a little bit of an inkling that if ladder positions in the four are the same at the end of the H&A season, we are going to play at the SCG.

The reason? The NRL have final round matches at ANZ and the AFL may just say **** it let's put it at the SCG this time as opposed to bending the NRL over like last year.

I just looked at the NRL fixture and there is no league matches fixtured for ANZ stadium week 1 of AFL finals.

OK I have just seen that, it tells me that ANZ management have been preparing for this situation and have had a word to the NRL before the NRL worked on their fixturing for the final round.

Your response was included in my quote too, however I still saw it as I'm not that stupid.

I wouldn't mind that deja vu again, especially given the result we got last time!

It would mean back to back 6 day breaks against Sydney. Don't like it personally but it seems most likely.

Not sure about that. Hawks play Friday night, so it would make more sense to give them Friday in the QF, especially if they finish 2nd (then Geelong in 3rd gets only the 6 day break).

Sydney and Freo play similar times on the Saturday, so Sat arvo probably makes the most sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back