Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing against the stadium just saying watching the game on tv felt like watching an old WACA night game especially our bright blue guernseys. Looked like 1991 or something... plus all the goals made it look like 91 too

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well there is a brightness control on the stadiums lighting panel.Maybe they could switch it up to 11 next night game and put some technicolor squiggly laser lighting on the players gurnseys.

I have someone ended up with 6 tickets to the Derby, however only need 2.

They are in three lots of 2 so trying to figure out which ones are better so i can make a decision as to which ones to keep.
They are:
Section 354
Section 514
Section 547

Section 547 clearly looks like the lesser ticket so definetly wont be keeping them. For those that have experienced both, which level is better for viewing and access to bars, food, toilets etc? 3 or 5?

They are in three lots of 2 so trying to figure out which ones are better so i can make a decision as to which ones to keep.
They are:
Section 354
Section 514
Section 547

Section 547 clearly looks like the lesser ticket so definetly wont be keeping them. For those that have experienced both, which level is better for viewing and access to bars, food, toilets etc? 3 or 5?
have you used the virtual stadium? its pretty spot on

have you used the virtual stadium? its pretty spot on

I have yeah.
I didn't particularly see a significant different between 354 and 514 from a viewing point of view.
However even using that its hard to full graps how you can view the game etc with players running around.

I guess the fact that 354 is Cat 1 and 514 is Cat 2 gives a reasonable indication however.

They are:
Section 354
Section 514
Section 547

Definitely go 354.
View is awesome and you have access to the Premiership Terrace bar directly behind your block where if you want you can stand and watch the game.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/franklin-out-optus-stadium-blamed-20180424-p4zbbi.html

Sydney are blaming Perth Stadium for an ongoing problem with Franklin's heel:

I suspect the area being blamed is where the stage was for the Ed Sheeran concert, I noticed during the NRL double header that part of the turf at the West end had been replaced very recently at that time, although some say it's a bit of a repeat of the Etihad Stadium surface debacle in it's early days

I suspect the area being blamed is where the stage was for the Ed Sheeran concert, I noticed during the NRL double header that part of the turf at the West end had been replaced very recently at that time, although some say it's a bit of a repeat of the Etihad Stadium surface debacle in it's early days

I think the complaints are all about the hardness of the surface, similar to Docklands when it opened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the age podcast they said the optus surface is on top of concrete
There are heaps of photos of construction Earlier in this thread amd im pretty sure at no time did they pour concrete. See pages 80-100 or so

Some photos here too
http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/aus/perth_stadium

Happy to be corrected by someone else though. Surely the Age spoke to someone and didn’t just assume..

Last edited:
except no concrete underneath.
and the testing they do is within AFL guidelines

Reckon its concrete (500 car capacity) Billy, & going back a few years (2010) Chairman Jeff was not happy:
"But I think over summer we've got to make some major decisions about usage of the ground next year and beyond.
"And I think we've got to review the actual composition of the surface of the ground above the car park."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-08-04/docklands-talks-tough-on-surface-issues/932272

I have a few questions about attendances at Perth Stadium.

How come there hasn't been crowds closer to maximum capacity in the 6 games so far? Ok makes sense why not for the Suns home games, but have any games been a sell out but just a few thousand people haven't turned up?

Have both WCE and Freo sold 50,000 reserved seats which I assume includes the corporate hospitality boxes that come with club memberships? Or do their membership numbers includes lots of non 11 game memberships?

Are the 1,385 stadium members turning up or have they been patchy? What about the 7,000 GA tickets? Are they the ones not selling? Do you reckon the 1,000 seats left for tourism packages are selling? there are 615 to be shared between competing clubs and VenuesLive and I assume nobody knows what is happening to the take up of those tickets.

Will this weeks derby be a sellout game or a genuine old style lock out game, where people who may have GA tickets can't get into the stadium??

Kwality any ideas?

I have a few questions about attendances at Perth Stadium.

How come there hasn't been crowds closer to maximum capacity in the 6 games so far? Ok makes sense why not for the Suns home games, but have any games been a sell out but just a few thousand people haven't turned up?

Have both WCE and Freo sold 50,000 reserved seats which I assume includes the corporate hospitality boxes that come with club memberships? Or do their membership numbers includes lots of non 11 game memberships?

Are the 1,385 stadium members turning up or have they been patchy? What about the 7,000 GA tickets? Are they the ones not selling? Do you reckon the 1,000 seats left for tourism packages are selling? there are 615 to be shared between competing clubs and VenuesLive and I assume nobody knows what is happening to the take up of those tickets.

Will this weeks derby be a sellout game or a genuine old style lock out game, where people who may have GA tickets can't get into the stadium??

Kwality any ideas?
My understanding is, every ticket sold has a seat, so you cannot be locked out with a ticket.

Also explains why it's never (and never will be) full. For it to be full, not only does every ticket have to be sold, but every ticket holder, every member, every corporate, has to turn up. That never happens. The more seats at a ground given to members, the more this is true. If you buy a GA ticket to a game, it generally means you aren't going to be in Europe, get married, work a shift etc game day. Not true of season ticket holders.

Add sickness, family, work, travel and disinterest together, and it's pretty easy to come up with 10% not turning up to an average game.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

My understanding is, every ticket sold has a seat, so you cannot be locked out with a ticket.

Also explains why it's never (and never will be) full. For it to be full, not only does every ticket have to be sold, but every ticket holder, every member, every corporate, has to turn up. That never happens. The more seats at a ground given to members, the more this is true. If you buy a GA ticket to a game, it generally means you aren't going to be in Europe, get married, work a shift etc game day. Not true of season ticket holders.

Add sickness, family, work, travel and disinterest together, and it's pretty easy to come up with 10% not turning up to an average game.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
I get there are reasons why people dont turn up. Every time slot has an issue - Thursday and Friday night country members find it hard to drive to the game in time, Saturday arvo people's own sports and work, Saturday night have prior engagements, Sunday late arvo kids dont want to go because of school etc.

I get all that. But at a brand new exciting stadium I would have thought people would have passed on tickets to mates who can use them, so they can see the new stadium.

Its why I asked - admittedly indirectly - if the 10,000 tickets set aside for non members are as much to explain why it isn't close to capacity, as the 50,000 members tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back