Petracca hair line fracture - Triple M

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be such a tough decision. Do you risk a player like petracca, especially when he probably has 10 good years ahead of him for one game. Huge game though. I'd hate to be the few who make that decision. Can't believe he played the game out, such a tough bloke. Respect!

This is going to be such a tough decision. Do you risk a player like petracca, especially when he probably has 10 good years ahead of him for one game. Huge game though. I'd hate to be the few who make that decision. Can't believe he played the game out, such a tough bloke. Respect!

I definitely wouldn't play him against Brisbane. The further they go the harder the decision gets.

Well that means the dees are done.
He's their most important player along with Gawn, Oliver and probably May. Once the injury occured the game did shift in the Swans favour. Melbourne must look at the future risk of playing him, they probably will take the gamble becuase it's a cuthroat game, but is it worth that risk of it becoming worse? It certainly won't improve unless he takes at least six weeks off...I'm no medico,, but you don't want your best player not starting pre season until after Christmas? I think the Dees can beat Brisbane without him, Geelong might be a little different?

Do not risk it. Dusty 18 prelim and this EF are good examples of playing an underdone star. You never have to play somebody. System and depth should be able to cover him if you are a true premier.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If it was one more game you would juice him to the eyeballs and let him play.
But the Dees have a potential 3 games, would a big task to get through 3 games juiced to the eyeballs.
If it was a Grand Final i can understand them risking it, but what a risk even that would be...this sort of injury could stuff up his career, he has another 5 or 6 years left. Get him right and start again in 2023.

Also we have seen what happens when injured players are played in Finals. It generally doesn’t work out well. I guess you could park him in the goal square, but it’s hard to argue that Dusty shouldnt have played on Thursday, or even Taylor Adams yesterday.

Fibia isn't weight bearing. Biggest risk is that the bone becomes displaced and the foot tendons become lax.

They will strap the hell out of the ankle, jab it up so he can't feel it and try and keep the bleeding around the injury down as much as possible so there isn't a compartment syndrome.
Geez that might have the Ty Zantucks down the track about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have I entered the thread where everyone pretends to be a doctor?
Do you need to be a doctor to understand and discuss sports injuries?

Most information is available for free on the internet, you can have a decent understanding of plenty of different topics without holding a medical degree.

I’ve also met plenty of useless doctors over my lifespan. If anything these guys get far too much credit for their actual breadth of knowledge.

I think if people knew the reality of just how many players are running out each weekend with a jab to kill the pain somewhere they would never suggest they are paid too much or are pea hearted again.
ahhhhhhh yeah no doubt about it.It happens every week across the comp.
Just saying clubs should be wary.

It's one of those situations where he can play, and there's a huge benefit in having him play (being premiership contenders), but you risk a much more significant and serious injury by going down that path.

It's one where hindsight will only be the judge if they DO decide to play him, and one where the decision will become obvious in hindsight (if he plays poorly or re-injures himself).

Not worth the risk imo, but I'd find it hard to admit that if I were a Demons supporter.

It's one of those situations where he can play, and there's a huge benefit in having him play (being premiership contenders), but you risk a much more significant and serious injury by going down that path.

It's one where hindsight will only be the judge if they DO decide to play him, and one where the decision will become obvious in hindsight (if he plays poorly or re-injures himself).

Not worth the risk imo, but I'd find it hard to admit that if I were a Demons supporter.

If he has similar output to Dusty Martin he becomes a liability. Especially in a cut throat do or die final.

Matthew egan learnt the hard way what taking too much risk will do to your career. Not saying that will happen to petracca if he plays this week but its a cautionary tale.

If he has similar output to Dusty Martin he becomes a liability. Especially in a cut throat do or die final.
So, back in the day paralympians with no feeling from the waist down would break a toe, or crush a testicle. Because even though your body doesn't feel the pain, it responds to it. They would get a rush of adrenaline and increased heart rate pumping blood around their body and use it to their advantage.

He might be able to take the field and play, but he still has a broken bone in his leg and his body knows it. He will be worse than Dusty.

Is it worth risking your playing future when you'll most likely be losing the prelim final anyway ?

Break the leg Fyfe style and never recapture your best form.... AND fail at defending the premiership, would be a bad way to end the year.

His season should end now.

Can't see Brisbane beating them this week and I can see Melbourne beating the Cats in the prelim.

The Dees would be insane to play him again this year, not after what we just saw with these games. Petracca is done for 2022, it's a 6-8 week injury.

As a Geelong supporter the last thing you want to see is Petracca playing in a big final. Torn a new one by Dusty and Petracca's turn coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back