Petracca hair line fracture - Triple M

Remove this Banner Ad

Fibia isn't weight bearing. Biggest risk is that the bone becomes displaced and the foot tendons become lax.

They will strap the hell out of the ankle, jab it up so he can't feel it and try and keep the bleeding around the injury down as much as possible so there isn't a compartment syndrome.

Fibia isn't weight bearing. Biggest risk is that the bone becomes displaced and the foot tendons become lax.

They will strap the hell out of the ankle, jab it up so he can't feel it and try and keep the bleeding around the injury down as much as possible so there isn't a compartment syndrome.
...."so there isn't a compartment syndrome"...

What is your medical profession and what region do you operate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah on the radio they were basically saying that it won't stop him playing per se, but it's a matter of how well they can jab him up and have him push through the pain.

Have I entered the thread where everyone pretends to be a doctor?
doctors GIF by New Amsterdam

Stay out of the protected area and it doesn’t happen.

I still can't believe not one of the commentators so much as raised the question of whether he was in the protected zone.

It was pretty much a textbook example of why the AFL want that area free so players can wheel around and play on.

I still can't believe not one of the commentators so much as raised the question of whether he was in the protected zone.

It was pretty much a textbook example of why the AFL want that area free so players can wheel around and play on.
It happens that often. Once the mark is set the umpires no longer give a * if the opposition wander into the protected area.

It should be a dead zone and anyone in the area is a dead player until the ball is cleared. Exception being the player on the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back