List Mgmt. Pick 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping for Flanders or Weightman, otherwise split picks or potentially even split 9 for future picks for more trading ammo next year.

This is a really good summary of the kid

East Fremantle/Western Australia | Balanced Midfielder
30/07/2001 | 189cm | 84kg

It is a good year for East Fremantle, with prospects basically growing on trees, and Rivers is another touted top 30 prospect along with Jeremy Sharp and Luke Jackson. Rivers is a natural-born leader who thrives on the contest and is as consistent as they come, racking up more than 20 disposals in most outings. He loves to tackle and put his body on the line, and is a crucial key to the midfield of Western Australia at the national championships. Unlike a lot of other top-end midfielders this year, Rivers has the size on him, standing at 189cm and 84kg, and readymade for senior football.
Did he test at the combine? What's his speed/agility like.

Get another 15+ games into the kids in 2020. Walk into the trade period with our 2020 and 2021 picks. 3x1st, 2/3x2nds, go hard for a FA and another 2 gun players.

Bring on 2021

I can see the appeal but we've already drafted our stars :)

Question - if someone bids on Green before pick 6, GWS have to use 6 to help match the bid...right?

Yes. The bidding system takes your highest picks for points. If there are points remaining, you get the balance as a later pick as per the value of that draft index system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would still prefer we turn 9 into a future first to give us more currency next trade period.

Naaa, trade into this years draft and bring another player or two in a year early.

It's worked with Stocker. By the time we're contemplating trade targets for next year, he'll be a 3rd year player and ready to step up.

Grow organically through the draft and then plug gaps as required :)

Naaa, trade into this years draft and bring another player or two in a year early.

It's worked with Stocker. By the time we're contemplating trade targets for next year, he'll be a 3rd year player and ready to step up.

Grow organically through the draft and then plug gaps as required :)
Completely agree

I'd like to take the pick to the draft. Reckon it is better to work the draft and plug holes with trades.

On another point, something that seems to be missed when draftees are considered is the quality of their marking (and I am not just talking pack marking by big blokes). If you can mark the ball it is a tremendous asset. As long as you have some of the other traits to complement the marking. Think how far Simmo would have gone without his exceptional marking ability.

Why? I think he need to draft one more young gun mid and then we will be set.
If we sent 9 to a club for their future 1st and a 2nd... to a team we think will finish with their 1st (10-16), it sets our 2021 season up beaitifully.

We could nab Wines, maybe Caldwell and Papley with our 2020 and 2021 picks and some others, plus a FA. 9 gets us a kid with 2-3 years of growth required.

Just my opinion

If we sent 9 to a club for their future 1st and a 2nd... to a team we think will finish with their 1st (10-16), it sets our 2021 season up beaitifully.

We could nab Wines, maybe Caldwell and Papley with our 2020 and 2021 picks and some others, plus a FA. 9 gets us a kid with 2-3 years of growth required.

Just my opinion
I think that’s still very risky. Wines and Papley will still be contracted and someone like Caldwell I can’t see a situation where he will be worth it for us next season. If he does leave a premiership contending team which is firstly unlikely, if he has a poor year do we want him? If he has a good year he will be getting offered way overs by other Victorian clubs like Hawthorn, Cats, Essendon if they lose Daniher ect and hopefully by next year we have improve enough to actually not be one of the clubs willing to do that.
Next year we still have two firsts and a second to trade. Probably players too and if we don’t that’s probably a good thing because it means they are performing and we don’t really need to trade as much as we would otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back