News Pies drop Leading Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Best thing that Pies have done since getting Treloar (despite questions about the cost).

Leading Teams claim to fame was the Geelong era, where basically somebody went and hit GAJ on his head to say, "Can you please start playing as the superstar you can be? Your dad was freaking football genius, so are you... so can you please stop fiddling at the edges"

Anyways... what worked for Geelong in SLEEPY hollow, doesn't quite work in most metropolitan times, where people are kinda more switched on and less laid back.

Anyways.. that's just my rant on Leading Teams... thank god my team didn't get those ramrods.

No it didn't, I stick with my original point mate.

The club did nothing wrong, they were looking toward the future instead of hanging onto past glories and keeping a player who had visible attitude problems on the field (can't comment on what he did off field as I do not know him).

We were trying to fill a need (super fast midfielder, remember how many of us were CRYING out for one at the time), and.... Heath Shaw is a star, I love him, we all love him, but can you step back and think that maybe he actually was hurting the culture of our club? He undermined Buckley publicly and acted like a child during his later games with us. (Was it Round 23 vs Port?)

No boss wants to have their employee talking s**t and constantly undermining them, imagine how hard it makes life for them when they're trying to organize a group of people and one of them keeps playing up?

Like I said, you can't deny this, it's all public, i'm not making up bullshit.

We did the right thing, we picked the wrong player, it was bad luck, like I said, s**t happens. THE CLUB HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO FREEMAN.

I would have done exactly the same thing if I was the one calling the shots.

Exactly why should have kept Shaw.

As for Shaw undermining Buckley, usually I'd care but given how s**t our backline tactics are and how GWS look allot more organised than us defence, I'll take Shaw's opinion over Buckley's.

Exactly why should have kept Shaw.

As for Shaw undermining Buckley, usually I'd care but given how s**t our backline tactics are and how GWS look allot more organised than us defence, I'll take Shaw's opinion over Buckley's.

You're very stubborn mate, I guess you have your opinion and nothing is going to change that.
But I have presented you with my point and there's nothing more I can do. Let's just look towards the future and wish our club success eh?

I'm not the one who brought it up but regardless we made a mistake and should just accept it rather than pick keep picking picking excuses for it.

Thats your opinion that we made a mistake. Adams/Shaw is generally considered a win win trade.

Clearly drafting Freeman was a mistake but costs were minimised trading him before he was worthless.

You're very stubborn mate, I guess you have your opinion and nothing is going to change that.
But I have presented you with my point and there's nothing more I can do. Let's just look towards the future and wish our club success eh?
Fair enough, I thinks that's something we both wish for, club success.

Thats your opinion that we made a mistake. Adams/Shaw is generally considered a win win trade.

Clearly drafting Freeman was a mistake but costs were minimised trading him before he was worthless.
Problem is Adams could have been obtained with out Shaw, but most people generally don't consider that.

Cost were minimised but that's still largely irreverent compared to Heath Shaw.

Fair enough, I thinks that's something we both wish for, club success.

Well spoken. The reason why we all get so passionate and caught up in our opinions on here is because we're all seeking the same thing and that is the success of our football club.

No matter what our opinions and views are, we all have them because in the end we're thinking about the mighty pies!

look like most things brought in either by clubs or business like leading teams systems and l have seen alot
of these in my working life, and all when run by the right people are great, but only if the people they are targeted
respond to it. l know if there are any who dont respond and it could only take a couple the whole thing can fail.
and with a person like swanny it would have no chance at all, because of his influence and attitude.
l have know idea if leading teams have failed our club or not. l can see the need of it and l can see why if it
did fail. these people bring in these systems are only brought in for a year or two then the people take charge of it
and continue with it by themselves, in bedded if you like.
my statement if you like is yes l get bored with in the end with the same thing being going over and over
again
if you have proof that it has failed l would very much like to see it, as l do like to keep an open mind on all
matters. l need more than swanny's book though.

So you disregard Swanny's opinion.........fair enough.........but you also dismiss two current players who do not rate LT?

I won't be providing other examples that I have heard........like I said last night I can't offer anymore to this thread.

I would rather be that poster who people think makes stuff up than continue this boring discussion.

LT @ the Pies = Massive Fail

Problem is Adams could have been obtained with out Shaw, but most people generally don't consider that.

I have considered it, I dont think the trade was likely without a player of his calibre, even assuming the club wanted to keep Shaw. Going around in circles now.

Best thing that Pies have done since getting Treloar (despite questions about the cost).

Leading Teams claim to fame was the Geelong era, where basically somebody went and hit GAJ on his head to say, "Can you please start playing as the superstar you can be? Your dad was freaking football genius, so are you... so can you please stop fiddling at the edges"

Anyways... what worked for Geelong in SLEEPY hollow, doesn't quite work in most metropolitan times, where people are kinda more switched on and less laid back.

Anyways.. that's just my rant on Leading Teams... thank god my team didn't get those ramrods.
Fair points made.

Kindly don't forget to collect these on your way out :D

IMG_1092.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rude. Very rude.

St Kilda doesn't have as many wooden spoons as the picture demonstrates. :oops: Fake news!
You're sort of right.
My picture was fake to a point.

I have 26 wooden spoons in the picture, St Kilda have won 27! Wooden spoons ;)

You're sort of right.
My picture was fake to a point.

I have 26 wooden spoons in the picture, St Kilda have won 27! Wooden spoons ;)

Well for a second there I thought you were joking and I actually had to go do some fact-checking, but damn.... Damn.... I'm amazed that it's actually true. :(
Figuratively speaking they don't mean much, just a novelty, but you don't want to be the team holding the record for the most.

I hope we don't 'win' any more wooden spoons in my lifetime. It's hard enough to see a Collingwood Premership.

Well for a second there I thought you were joking and I actually had to go do some fact-checking, but damn.... Damn.... I'm amazed that it's actually true. :(
Figuratively speaking they don't mean much, just a novelty, but you don't want to be the team holding the record for the most.

I hope we don't 'win' any more wooden spoons in my lifetime. It's hard enough to see a Collingwood Premership.
Fortunately even Carlton has surpassed our spoon numbers.

We're far enough away for spoons luckily

Last edited:
So you disregard Swanny's opinion.........fair enough.........but you also dismiss two current players who do not rate LT?

I won't be providing other examples that I have heard........like I said last night I can't offer anymore to this thread.

I would rather be that poster who people think makes stuff up than continue this boring discussion.

LT @ the Pies = Massive Fail
l dont and never have thought that you make stuff up. and your one of my favorite posters too
l have learnt that one or two people saying something does not make it so.a lesson learnt the hard way. mistakes do happen in any
organisation, and maybe this one was one. l dont know and probably never will. l am a person now that really
like to see hard facts or it just does not worry me know as much as it used to, thing change.
as l have said it does not take much for a program to fall apart if a few do not
believe. so LT has left does not mean all of the program has. be surprised if so.
this type of discussion once l would be all in, now things change. l do not find boring just repetitive .
fair enough about not providing any more info.
this my last bit also on this too

Do you consider that maybe it wasn't as easy as bring in Adams for a draft pick. Maybe GWS wanted an experienced player instead of their 30th top 10 pick. Maybe it wasn't just Buckley who wanted Shaw gone, since there were 21 other players he screwed over with his EF tantrums. Maybe there were players who were sick to death of Shaw turning up out of shape, interupting team meetings, hazing young players and undermining staff. Maybe Adams was tossing up between Geelong and Collingwood and decided on us because we were cleaning out the party boys who had been resting on their laurels since 2011. Maybe we drafted Sharenberg as Shaw's replacement not having the foresight to know that he would do two acls. Maybe our salary cap meant we couldn't fit both on the list at the time. Then again, maybe we could just have both of them.

Do you consider that maybe it wasn't as easy as bring in Adams for a draft pick. Maybe GWS wanted an experienced player instead of their 30th top 10 pick. Maybe it wasn't just Buckley who wanted Shaw gone, since there were 21 other players he screwed over with his EF tantrums. Maybe there were players who were sick to death of Shaw turning up out of shape, interupting team meetings, hazing young players and undermining staff. Maybe Adams was tossing up between Geelong and Collingwood and decided on us because we were cleaning out the party boys who had been resting on their laurels since 2011. Maybe we drafted Sharenberg as Shaw's replacement not having the foresight to know that he would do two acls. Maybe our salary cap meant we couldn't fit both on the list at the time. Then again, maybe we could just have both of them.
Ridiculous, GWS should've just been told to accept D.Woodhall, Gary Shaw, Simon Buckley, Kent Butcher & a half chewed (by me) salami & be happy about it!!!

Ridiculous, GWS should've just been told to accept D.Woodhall, Gary Shaw, Simon Buckley, Kent Butcher & a half chewed (by me) salami & be happy about it!!!

Err I don't care about the players but I'll take the half eaten salami if you're finished with it?

Clearly, you know nothing of the successes of LT

I'm starting to think the thinking about LT, it is almost in the sole domain of Big footy.

Don't see articles about the destructive nature at Collingwood, as if our fine friend Robinson or the lady Wilson wouldn't write articles about it. They'd lap it up and love it.

But at least we have big footy to remind us of the demise of the Collingwood team.

I'm starting to think the thinking about LT, it is almost in the sole domain of Big footy.
Don't see articles about the destructive nature at Collingwood, as if our fine friend Robinson or the lady Wilson wouldn't write articles about it. They'd lap it up and love it.
But at least we have big footy to remind us of the demise of the Collingwood team.

ostrcich.png

You do know ostriches actually don't put their head in the sand as such.

They put their heads (ears) close to the ground to listen for vibrations (ie hear what's coming)

images9H3DZMCQ.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back