News Pies Player-Toucher banned for rest of 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit rough.

Wonder if they'll extend the ban into post-game when players approach fans and take selfies and the likes along the boundry? Same amount of malice in that as there was with the Collingwood fan there.
The difference is walking around the boundary after the game is done specifically for fan engagement

This was just following a ball over the boundary during play.

I could understand this if it was the EPL or a European soccer league but seriously this is Australia and we have never had any issues.
I agree it should not be encouraged but suspending a harmless incident makes me almost disgusted where we are as a country.
The AFL should now tell the players you are nit allowed to high 5 the crowd, no heading to the boundary fence after the games you must stay within field of play. No photos with fans either because this is encouraging fans that human contact is ok.
I really feel for this guy, paid his hard earned money to attend and become a member and is suspended for giving an opposition player an encouraging hug.
No wonder our young generation are scared of their own shadow, big corporations trying to protect them from nothing.

What about Adam Goodes imitating throwing a spear directly at opposition supporters.

Firstly, learn what the dance means and secondly, those imaginary spears hurt. I got hit by one once.

The difference is walking around the boundary after the game is done specifically for fan engagement

This was just following a ball over the boundary during play.
But there is no difference if their objective is to protect player welfare. If they come into contact with fans during or after a game the risk is the same, so may as well stamp out post-game niceties to be sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could understand this if it was the EPL or a European soccer league but seriously this is Australia and we have never had any issues.
I agree it should not be encouraged but suspending a harmless incident makes me almost disgusted where we are as a country.
The AFL should now tell the players you are nit allowed to high 5 the crowd, no heading to the boundary fence after the games you must stay within field of play. No photos with fans either because this is encouraging fans that human contact is ok.
I really feel for this guy, paid his hard earned money to attend and become a member and is suspended for giving an opposition player an encouraging hug.
No wonder our young generation are scared of their own shadow, big corporations trying to protect them from nothing.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Without buying into the culture war crap you're trying to start, if a player is running around the boundary with his hand out for a high 5 he's inviting interaction which is fine

It needs to be the players choice though, you can't just reach over and grab someone like old mate did

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Without buying into the culture war crap you're trying to start, if a player is running around the boundary with his hand out for a high 5 he's inviting interaction which is fine

It needs to be the players choice though, you can't just reach over and grab someone like old mate did

I’m not trying to start anything. The guy did nothing harmful amd at worse should if simply got a suspended sentence. This is disgusting this guy got suspended.

But there is no difference if their objective is to protect player welfare. If they come into contact with fans during or after a game the risk is the same, so may as well stamp out post-game niceties to be sure.
If the players are unhappy with the risk of interacting with fans after the game then they can choose not to get in close for selfies and hugs and high 5s

The West Coast player just followed the ball to the boundary while trying to play the game

If the players are unhappy with the risk of interacting with fans after the game then they can choose not to get in close for selfies and hugs and high 5s

The West Coast player just followed the ball to the boundary while trying to play the game

And the WCE player didn’t give a crap about it, in fact he had a bit of a smile about it all.
Next minute the fun police (media) get involved start talking about it as if a fan jumped the fence and dived on the player, 1 day later AFL think we have a mass murderer attending the games and suspend.
It’s almost comical how out of touch with real life the AFL is.

Last edited:
He shouldn't have done it, we all know he shouldn't have done it - the penalty is stopping anybody else from doing it. He probably meant no harm.

We don't want to end up having stadiums fenced off from the crowd, like they do with soccer.

He shouldn't have done it, we all know he shouldn't have done it - the penalty is stopping anybody else from doing it.

We don't want to end up having stadiums fenced off from the crowd, like they do with soccer.

Yes it’s a very worrying trend, I saw another guy at an eagles game and half his arm was hanging over the fence. It’s very concerning. Lol

Was this the same guy that didn't hand the ball back to Langford in last year's Anzac day game. Then Langford slotted the goal to stick it up him. He looks familiar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back