News Pies Player-Toucher banned for rest of 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL don't seem to have a problem with it

images

132808d6c11d39ddfe2d6dfa6db49ea7.gif

The players (who instigate these interactions by jumping up) do get fined for this stuff though, don't they? I thought they were super strict with all the excessive celebration stuff: the 'No Fun League' and all that.

I would have thought that when this happens , it's generally like a touchdown to seal the win and the players earn too much to worry about a 10k fine or whatever.

Can't the dude just rock and pay cash for a ticket?

Yes, luckily he isn't recognizable and has no easily identifiable markings, so he should be able to slip past anyone looking out for him with relative ease.

Can't the dude just rock up and pay cash for a ticket?
Even with today's facial recognition technology, I honestly don't believe security would devote sufficient attention or resources to spot him out of thousands of tattooed blokes who walk into the ground.

It's not like he's a terrorist on the Interpol most wanted list - he's some Joe Blow banned for a year. Security wouldn't have the time or care to find him. I think these bans effectively rely on the banned person fearing what might happen if they are caught circumventing the ban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's their workplace. In no other workplace are you permitted to grab an employee without their express permission.

What do you think would happen in a workplace if someone hugged someone else in a similar enough way to be comparable? It's fine to say it's not permitted, but what happens next? Any nuance to it?

Even with today's facial recognition technology, I honestly don't believe security would devote sufficient attention or resources to spot him out of thousands of tattooed blokes who walk into the ground.

It's not like he's a terrorist on the Interpol most wanted list - he's some Joe Blow banned for a year. Security wouldn't have the time or care to find him. I think these bans effectively rely on the banned person fearing what might happen if they are caught circumventing the ban.

There was no malice in it, the player wasn't concerned by it so i reckon he was hard done by, discretion should've came into it and the guy could've been reprimanded for touching a player.
He got off lightly already, could and probably should have been the full 12 months

Mistake made, guy has admitted it was a mistake and is happy to cop the punishment, move on.

It happens all the time after a game finishes, people reaching out to tap a player on the shoulder 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back