Prediction Player claim for 2017 - Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

How about we ramp up goal kicking instead for a change?

Or at least stay on park

At 15 goals he was one of our best forwards last year...

Sheesh setting the bar high here...Our forward line stank it up last year but even still.

Top 9 in order:

Fasolo 25 from 12 games
Moore 24 from 17 games
White 23 from 16 games
Greenwood 18 (as a tagger) from 21 games
Cloke 17 from 13
Cox 17 (1st year American enough said) from 11 games
Sidebottom 17 from 20 games
Degoey 17 from 20 games
Blair 15 goals from 21 games.

or goals to games avergaes:

1 Alex Fasolo 12 2.08
2 Mason Cox 11 1.55
3 Jesse White 16 1.44
4 Darcy Moore 17 1.41
5 Travis Cloke 13 1.31
6 Ben Crocker 10 1.00
7 Levi Greenwood 21 0.86
8 Steele Sidebottom 20 0.85
9 Jordan De Goey 20 0.80
10 Jarryd Blair 21 0.71
11 James Aish 15 0.67

Even Benny Crocker bet him for goals to games...

Our forward line was no where near potent enough last season trying to make it even more defensive rather then working on better offensive strategies to turn entries into scores is mind blowing...

Sheesh setting the bar high here...Our forward line stank it up last year but even still.

Top 9 in order:

Fasolo 25 from 12 games
Moore 24 from 17 games
White 23 from 16 games
Greenwood 18 (as a tagger) from 21 games
Cloke 17 from 13
Cox 17 (1st year American enough said) from 11 games
Sidebottom 17 from 20 games
Degoey 17 from 20 games
Blair 15 goals from 21 games.

or goals to games avergaes:

1 Alex Fasolo 12 2.08
2 Mason Cox 11 1.55
3 Jesse White 16 1.44
4 Darcy Moore 17 1.41
5 Travis Cloke 13 1.31
6 Ben Crocker 10 1.00
7 Levi Greenwood 21 0.86
8 Steele Sidebottom 20 0.85
9 Jordan De Goey 20 0.80
10 Jarryd Blair 21 0.71
11 James Aish 15 0.67

Even Benny Crocker bet him for goals to games...

Our forward line was no where near potent enough last season trying to make it even more defensive rather then working on better offensive strategies to turn entries into scores is mind blowing...

I agree. So why I have we recruited Mayne?

I agree. So why I have we recruited Mayne?

I dare say because he provides defensive pressure as well as having a history (all be it dried up last few under Ross' ultra defensive set up) of putting scores on the board. Blair has always struggled between defensive intent and offensive capability.

No doubts we had issues with teams waltzing out of the forward line throughout stages of 2016, I feel if we can get more dangerous offensively it makes it harder for defences to play us so offensively.

We often had no one at the fall of the ball or capable of the elusive xfactor crumbing goals or goal assists like Neon Leon was regularly able to produce over his career, rather opposition teams often had 2-3 players at the feet of packs mopping up and then waltzing away.

Broomhead and Kirby are the player types we desperately need to introduce into the mix to make small BP/hb more accountable and also be there to create from our flying types Moore/Fas/Elliott/Cox etc spills.

Blair plays most of the year in the seniors?

Means: either we haven't advanced much as a team; we have a chronic injury list; he really does have photos

Blair plays most of the year in the seniors?

Means: either we haven't advanced much as a team; we have a chronic injury list; he really does have photos

What if Blair plays 20 odd games and we make the finals?

Either our younger players didn't push him out or he has photo of Bucks. Whether Blair is best 22 or not it won't make much difference to the side.

See third listed explanation. ;)

(And good luck to him, if he earns it, great. Then he deserves all the success he gets.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See third listed explanation. ;)

(And good luck to him, if he earns it, great. Then he deserves all the success he gets.)

So far he's played 150 odd games and has a premiership, how's that for success?

So far he's played 150 odd games and has a premiership, how's that for success?
Absolutely fantastic for him.
And ok for us.

Good on him, wish him well. Just don't see his value as anything more than moderate pressure and im conceding an obvious super attitude.
To me he lacks scoreboard impact, tackles seem just ok, to good, and he seems to do better against the lesser teams.

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic for him.
And ok for us.

Good on him, wish him well. Just don't see his value as anything more than moderate pressure and imconceded a super attitude.
To meelacks scoreboard impact, tackles seem just ok, and he seems to do better against the lesser teams.

Since when does being a premiership player be just "ok?" You've been a supporter long enough to understand how rare that is at Collingwood. If a young player takes his spot in 2017 then fair enough, until then he deserves a little more respect. Particularly for a guy who always puts his head over the ball.

Since when does being a premiership player be just "ok?" You've been a supporter long enough to understand how rare that is at Collingwood. If a young player takes his spot in 2017 then fair enough, until then he deserves a little more respect. Particularly for a guy who always puts his head over the ball.
Blair was lucky to a be a premiership player IMO, I would have played Lockyer ahead of him.

Blair was lucky to a be a premiership player IMO, I would have played Lockyer ahead of him.

Good example of the lack of respect I am talking about.

Good example of the lack of respect I am talking about.
Blair played his role and good on him but its not like he was a necessary cog to win a premiership. Plenty of average player are in premiership sides. If he wasn't in the side we still would have won.

Ok for us because that's (to me) his value, just ok.

To him being a premiership player, that's a life dream right there. I love that for his sake.
I never ever underestimate the value of that.

But like some other premiership players over the years, does not mean they are super stars or even above average players.
Greg Madigam springs to mind, Mario Bortolotto (two flags), Bill James (played ONE EVER game for Richmond, a flag!).

Good luck to them all, they did it, but does not henceforth translate to being an automatic selection for the seniors.

I look at players like, Broomhead, Crocker, Phillips, Wills etc that I'd play happily ahead of Blair. But that's just me.

Should he be selected every single week, I will hope he plays brilliantly.
I never wish our players not to succeed just because I'm not rating them as high as others.

I'd much rather be wrong than barrack for poor performance.

Blair played his role and good on him but its not like he was a necessary cog to win a premiership. Plenty of average player are in premiership sides. If he wasn't in the side we still would have won.

You are correct that he is a role player, every team needs them. In 2016 he played a role that the coach wanted him to, his top ten Copeland finish is evidence of that. I'm sick of people posting that he has pictures of the coach, it's disrespectful. Blair is one of only 60 odd Collingwood premiership players in almost 60 years. If he loses his place this year because someone is better then fair enough, until then people should show some RESPECT.

Ok for us because that's (to me) his value, just ok.

To him being a premiership player, that's a life dream right there. I love that for his sake.
I never ever underestimate the value of that.

But like some other premiership players over the years, does not mean they are super stars or even above average players.
Greg Madigam springs to mind, Mario Bortolotto (two flags), Bill James (played ONE EVER game for Richmond, a flag!).

Good luck to them all, they did it, but does not henceforth translate to being an automatic selection for the seniors.

I look at players like, Broomhead, Crocker, Phillips, Wills etc that I'd play happily ahead of Blair. But that's just me.

Should he be selected every single week, I will hope he plays brilliantly.
I never wish our players not to succeed just because I'm not rating them as high as others.

I'd much rather be wrong than barrack for poor performance.

When did I say he was a superstar?

When did I say he was a superstar?
Not to be pedantic when did I say you said he was a superstar.

It was more a general posit of mine, that being a flag player does not necessarily translate to being automatic selection thereafter.

Though I concede my language was somewhat flowery.

You are correct that he is a role player, every team needs them. In 2016 he played a role that the coach wanted him to, his top ten Copeland finish is evidence of that. I'm sick of people posting that he has pictures of the coach, it's disrespectful. Blair is one of only 60 odd Collingwood premiership players in almost 60 years. If he loses his place this year because someone is better then fair enough, until then people should show some RESPECT.
I'm guilty of the coach and photo quip.
On reflection, I shall drop it from my repertoire.
(Kindly forgive any moments of weakness on my part.)

You are correct that he is a role player, every team needs them.

The role is important but usually a number of players can play that role. Lockyer could have played that role and the result would be no different. Its the stars that make a difference. If Lockyer played ahead of a Swan or Pendlebury then we'd be in strife.

In 2016 he played a role that the coach wanted him to, his top ten Copeland finish is evidence of that. I'm sick of people posting that he has pictures of the coach, it's disrespectful.

Maybe the coach is wrong and overrates him or the role he's been given in the team? Hence the jokes about the pictures. Given how poorly as a team we performed a top ten finish isn't saying much about him.

Blair is one of only 60 odd Collingwood premiership players in almost 60 years.

Is probably among the bottom 3 as well. There should be more to list but we got screwd over by the umps and the tribunal in 2002 and 2003. Plenty of more talented player have gone without premierships. He was at the right place at the right time. Comments on the internet aren't taking his medal away.

If he loses his place this year because someone is better then fair enough, until then people should show some RESPECT.

Blair's been lucky to keep his spot either through others injuries or the coach overrating him. I'll respect his ability more if he improves but I'm not counting on it. He played his role in a premiership team and always leaves nothing in the tank every game I'll give him that but his form doesn't warrant any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back