Player rankings v Richmond and it ain't pretty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2007
Mitchum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers,Rams,Dodgers,ManU
I need to get this off my chest before I hit the sack so here goes.

Very good: No player fits this criteria
Good: Daisy, Davis.
Average: Medhurst (played Didak's role better than Alan has for quite some time) O'Brien (thrashed Brown), Goldy, and Bryan (because he at least had a go) as did Burns (not enough game time in a midfield that has been getting flogged for some time now).
Poor: Clement (not with it, still showing effects of last week), Cloke (phark playing close to goal, let him roam upfield) Cookie (tough call but not enough game time) Ben Johnson (a shadow of the 2006 version, has had a shocking year) Fraser (lacks intensity at the center bounces but usually competes, can't even do that at the moment and giving us nothing around the ground) Lockyer (17 possessions was I think our best effort, leading our B&F by some margin, a rare off night) Maxwell (put him in the back six and leave him there) O'Bree (on one of the rare occasions we get a clean center break he dribbles the ball on the bounce inside 50, one part of an onball brigade that was obliterated) Presti (to much leg rope, Wakes ws playing tighter AND giving us rebound, he should be preferred till Presti gets his mojo back) Rocca (Richmond's fullback had 31 possessions, if you can't stay goal side then you're shirking your defensive responsibilities) Heath Shaw (not much rebound, out of touch) Rhyce Shaw (decent first half, unsighted in the second) Swan (workrate has dropped off and so have the skills)
Embarrassing: Toovey (Worse than anything Wild or Williams ever produced, he's not a role player, he's not AFL standard.He couldn't hit a target at training why would he suddenly start doing it in a game) Licuria (It pains me to say this but it's time to go Paul. Running on a treadmill and was dropped for poor form, Willi has a bye then is brought back and has an absolute stinker. Was the slowest player out there, can't tag or win enough of his own ball or use it when he gets it)

Final analysis, stick a fork in us we're done. Until our onball unit is rebuilt we can't be considered serious contenders. Buckley straight in, if he breaks down so be it. Just a soul destroying evening.:mad:

And MM was poor to. We have been playing like crap for over a month now culminating in tonights display.

yeah we seem to have lost the enthusiasm and desire to win games like we had 2months ago and especially at the beginning of the season. Ok last week i said it hasnt been as bad as 2006 but actually ill back flip on that and say it has now been worst and agree with what many others have said. It just seems the team has lost its collective energy and we have been for a few months now been carrying not just 1 or 2 but 4 or 5 people each game which hurts. I do like MM as a coach but when this occurs u tend to want to know why and what is going to be done about it? Time to bring Buckley back, spirits are low, players are tiring and etc etc and need some inspiration from somewhere...if one person can do it it is buckley. whether or not we do well or crap in the finals doesnt really matter to me atm as long as we stop embarassing ourselves. anyway that is my rant for the night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back