Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
This is just a friendly reminder but when creating a thread about a specific player following a game, please instead use their dog tags thread or post in the review thread. This is so we don't get overly cluttered with individual threads and it will be easier to find specific threads.

We weren't really on the ball from a moderator standpoint but, starting from this weekend, any player threads will be merged with the players dog tags thread or be merged with the review thread.
More general threads about a group of players are still fine though.

This is just a friendly reminder but when creating a thread about a specific player following a game, please instead use their dog tags thread or post in the review thread. This is so we don't get overly cluttered with individual threads and it will be easier to find specific threads.

We weren't really on the ball from a moderator standpoint but, starting from this weekend, any player threads will be merged with the players dog tags thread or be merged with the review thread.
More general threads about a group of players are still fine though.
Dog tags were threads go to die.

Cant we have threads on the main boards for a week, then merge them?

Dog tags were threads go to die.

Cant we have threads on the main boards for a week, then merge them?

Unfortunately, after a weekend like last week where we had about 7 players getting a thread it could drive traffic up for dog tags.

And it's Dog House where threads go to die.

Who ever goes to the Dog Tags section? It is always covered by an announcement of some sort - out of sight and out of mind.

Dog & Mutt,

Both your comments are reasonable.. However what we dont need to see is 4 or 5 player roast/toast threads after every game and it comes down to some common sense.

The weekly vent/roast threads were created in mind to provide an area for people to post comments on the game and players rather than starting threads for individual players. So people are encouraged to use the existing vent/toast thread rather than starting a new thread for every player that had a good or bad game.

The toast and roast threads always struck me as being for something broad, or a special occasion. The toast prefix, for example, for a player milestone, and the roast prefix for "our forward line is about as useful as a utensil flavoured lollipop" and such. The autopsy/review threads are generally pretty stacked with "how good is this bloke?!" so I don't see why we need five or six toast threads every week.

Also, on the Dog Tags sub-forum - I understand that that's "where posts go to die", but perhaps the problem is that mentality in the first place. If less people thought like that, maybe it wouldn't be so dead.

The toast and roast threads always struck me as being for something broad, or a special occasion. The toast prefix, for example, for a player milestone, and the roast prefix for "our forward line is about as useful as a utensil flavoured lollipop" and such. The autopsy/review threads are generally pretty stacked with "how good is this bloke?!" so I don't see why we need five or six toast threads every week.

Also, on the Dog Tags sub-forum - I understand that that's "where posts go to die", but perhaps the problem is that mentality in the first place. If less people thought like that, maybe it wouldn't be so dead.

That was probably the original intention of the tags. Roasts really should be about highlighting severe flaws in the side and such while toast should be about congratulations for a players achievements on the field or if something great happens outside of the team.

Hypothetically speaking, a thread about how Johannisen earned a nomination for the rising star award would be fine since it's about his achievement while a thread just saying how good a certain player is tracking is one for the review thread or their dog tag thread.

Dog & Mutt,

Both your comments are reasonable.. However what we dont need to see is 4 or 5 player roast/toast threads after every game and it comes down to some common sense.

The weekly vent/roast threads were created in mind to provide an area for people to post comments on the game and players rather than starting threads for individual players. So people are encouraged to use the existing vent/toast thread rather than starting a new thread for every player that had a good or bad game.

Perhaps we could move all of the DogTags threads onto the main board and just ensure that any new threads that start about a specific player are merged with the DogTags thread for the player?

The regular posters would soon be reminded to bump the DogTags thread for the player rather than start a new one. I'll bet that would increase the traffic on the DogTags thread by a lot too. (I haven't read more than half a dozen posts ever in the DogTags section because I never think to go there.)

Why don't people just start actually going into the Dogtags section? We shouldn't whinge when it's such an easily solved problem.
One of the great mysteries of life :p. Whenever I see I have an unread thread in Dog Tags, I go and look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't people just start actually going into the Dogtags section? We shouldn't whinge when it's such an easily solved problem.

emot-effort.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back