Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Delean and Moir are the main two that have stood out when I've watched, with Patton and Mertz also impressive. Luca Slade, Alex Holt and Harry Francis are the others that have caught my attention when I've watched, but generally with WA and SA games I'll go in with a list of draft age kids to focus on, so I'm not really paying a heap of attention to others

Can confirm Delean and Moir look a class above in the U18s at SANFL level. Moir doesn’t have to touch the ball a lot to have a good impact. Slade is a jet, Francis is from Glenelg, if he’s the Francis I’m thinking of he played well in the game that I’ve watched. Haven’t seen Holt play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

K
Delean and Moir are the main two that have stood out when I've watched, with Patton and Mertz also impressive. Luca Slade, Alex Holt and Harry Francis are the others that have caught my attention when I've watched, but generally with WA and SA games I'll go in with a list of draft age kids to focus on, so I'm not really paying a heap of attention to others
North Adelaide's Kane McAuliffe big bodied mid one to keep an eye on.

Maybe!

I think he's more a 5-12 pick just given his lack of athleticism and possible lack of upside
Would you say that he's a potential J.Selwood best case scenario? (given your comment about upside, maybe Worpel is more apt?)
I liked the cut of his jib against the pies.

Would you say that he's a potential J.Selwood best case scenario? (given your comment about upside, maybe Worpel is more apt?)
I liked the cut of his jib against the pies.
I think he'll be a fair bit better than Worpel; better disposal, better workrate and a smarter player. I've seen the Andrew Brayshaw comparison get thrown around given neither are super athletic but are real team first players that give 100%, I still think Brayshaw is a touch more athletic than Clark but I could see him fitting into that mould

I think he'll be a fair bit better than Worpel; better disposal, better workrate and a smarter player. I've seen the Andrew Brayshaw comparison get thrown around given neither are super athletic but are real team first players that give 100%, I still think Brayshaw is a touch more athletic than Clark but I could see him fitting into that mould
Who were the rucks in the trials, and did any of them impress?

What do you think of Max Knobel?

Hudson O'Keefe and Harvey Howe did their usual stuff, but Will Green (2023 Draft) continuously catches my eye when I watch him

Knobel is an interesting prospect, has some nice traits but he's super raw and inconsistent, doesn't look super athletic either so might be one that has to return next year and perform well enough for the MSD. In saying that he probably doesn't get the opportunities through the ruck to fully shine given Gippsland and Country's stocks

Max foot skills for his size are outstanding, set shot on goal is really good and has kicked some really important goals through the year. His tap work is best in NAB league by a long way. Needs to put kg's on but his improvement throughout season has been significant. Pick him up and stash him - future star.

Hudson O'Keefe and Harvey Howe did their usual stuff, but Will Green (2023 Draft) continuously catches my eye when I watch him

Knobel is an interesting prospect, has some nice traits but he's super raw and inconsistent, doesn't look super athletic either so might be one that has to return next year and perform well enough for the MSD. In saying that he probably doesn't get the opportunities through the ruck to fully shine given Gippsland and Country's stocks
Keep your eye out for Ethan Reade a bottom age GC ruck 200cm in the allies squad

He’s so raw but think he could be anything , looks like he might grow a fair bit more too by look of him

Grabbed ball out of ruck and just took off a couple of times in allies trial up against big Madden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any star key forwards in the pick 18 range Bangers?
Funny way of asking if I'll be nominating for the draft nahnah!

I wouldn't be shocked to see Tom Scully or Matthew Jefferson slide down to a late teens pick and they may appeal to the pies. My favourite KPF Aaron Cadman could be there too, but I expect him to be a top 10 pick by the end of the year

Hi PM Bangers can you tell me why you havent mentioned Reuben Ginbey from east perth ?

He is the star and captain of his private school team as a mid for Wesley, plays for east perth seniors at half back

He is lightning quick uses the footy well and is so hard and tough at the footy

2.85 for 20 metres sprint

Cant believe there hasnt been much talk about him

Hi PM Bangers can you tell me why you havent mentioned Reuben Ginbey from east perth ?

He is the star and captain of his private school team as a mid for Wesley, plays for east perth seniors at half back

Without having ever heard of him before, that resume does indicate we should at least hear him mentioned

I just haven't watched him enough tbh

i like Reuben, however for me, he hasn't got a specific role that i see can be translated to AFL level yet. Yes, yes i know, he plays across the back, but he is not great overhead nor in a def 1v1.
He, for all intents and purposes, looks like a player who, as you say, is quick and uses the ball well, so therefore he would be the player you ive the ball too, a la Jayden Short, Adam Saad, Caleb Daniel, the only thing is they can take intercepts and can be good 1 v 1 (Saad can be iffy;)).
Im not shooting him down, as i believe he will get drafted because there are traits there and he is quick and a good user of the ball, sometimes his decision making is not great. And maybe because he hasn't played wafl colts this year and is not tearing up league yet that is why you may not be hearing much about him.
There was a MCArdle piece in The West about him 'bolting into first round contention', but i personally think he is far from it, but draftable for sure.
We know about him, well i do, and have seen him play, there are just areas to work on and others in his draft age have had time to shine more than he has, no other reason as to why there is not much talk about him. Sometimes there are players tracking the same path and doing similar to what Reuben is doing, PSA and League only, therefore they are not prone to much hype as they are not viewed as much on a regular basis by draft watchers especially from other states. Dont worry though......
Give him a chance to shine/show his stuff at the champs and you may start to hear more.

Last edited:
i like Reuben, however for me, he hasn't got a specific role that i see can be translated to AFL level yet. Yes, yes i know, he plays across the back, but he is not great overhead nor in a def 1v1.
He, for all intents and purposes, looks like a player who, as you say, is quick and uses the ball well, so therefore he would be the player you ive the ball too, a la Jayden Short, Adam Saad, Caleb Daniel, the only thing is they can take intercepts and can be good 1 v 1 (Saad can be iffy;)).
Im not shooting him down, as i believe he will get drafted because there are traits there and he is quick and a good user of the ball, sometimes his decision making is not great. And maybe because he hasn't played wafl colts this year and is not tearing up league yet that is why you may not be hearing much about him.
There was a MCArdle piece in The West about him 'bolting into first round contention', but i personally think he is far from it, but draftable for sure.
We know about him, well i do, and have seen him play, there are just areas to work on and others in his draft age have had time to shine more than he has, no other reason as to why there is not much talk about him. Sometimes there are players tracking the same path and doing similar to what Reuben is doing, PSA and League only, therefore they are not prone to much hype as they are not viewed as much on a regular basis by draft watchers especially from other states. Dont worry though......
Give him a chance to shine/show his stuff at the champs and you may start to hear more.
I agree with Smythe. We are trying to assess different players but it's difficult to know how dominant Ginbey could be at colts level because he hasn't played one this season. It's helpfull to be able to compare apples with apples. PSA doesn't give a clear picture and at league level the younger players aren't going to let themselves off the leash around highly respected senior players. They'll play a role more likely.

Maybe he could be a wildcard in the WA midfield with Jones, Hewett, Bevan, Hagan, Barron, Green etc - (6ft3 - jeez that used to be a ruckman in the day) Hopefully he can swing forward as well.

So yeah, as Smythe says.....he'll get noticed in the next 6 weeks. I'm excited to see how he goes.

Last edited:
Funny way of asking if I'll be nominating for the draft nahnah!

I wouldn't be shocked to see Tom Scully or Matthew Jefferson slide down to a late teens pick and they may appeal to the pies. My favourite KPF Aaron Cadman could be there too, but I expect him to be a top 10 pick by the end of the year
With a pick in the 8-12 range, looks like 4 key forwards in Lemmey, Scully, Jefferson and Cadman could all be available. With a good showing in the champs I expect Lemmey to be top 5 though.

Cadman is new on the scene, for me anyway, what’s his ‘big man’ skills like? Competitive, strong hands, using his body etc???? Also what’s his kicking technique like?

With a pick in the 8-12 range, looks like 4 key forwards in Lemmey, Scully, Jefferson and Cadman could all be available. With a good showing in the champs I expect Lemmey to be top 5 though.

Cadman is new on the scene, for me anyway, what’s his ‘big man’ skills like? Competitive, strong hands, using his body etc???? Also what’s his kicking technique like?
Cadmans real POD is his ability to out work opponents, second efforts as a tall are outstanding as well as his repeat leading. He's generally got really good hands and with his athleticism takes some really impressive high marks. His set shot conversion is the main thing holding him back at the moment, has had some ripping games in front of the sticks but almost looks like he overthinks at times for the simpler shots and can spray them, but it's mostly reliable and something I think can improve in a professional environment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back