Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Get to see Ryan, (Glenelg) in the flesh this weekend. Going down to watch both the U18 and the 16s for Glenelg Sturt is there anyone I should keep an eye PMBangers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ashton Moir the main one, genuine top 5 contender for next year

Do you think some are a bit under rated atm... perhaps by the end of the champs their rating will increase.
There's a few I think are going to bolt if they continue they're NAB League form. Cam Mackenzie is the main one from Metro, will likely be in the starting onball rotation and I expect will impress a few that maybe haven't seen much from him.

For Country; Jack O'Sullivan, Finn Emile-Brennan and Aaron Cadman I think will really push their case, Cadman in particular I think will make a lot of Top 10s if Country do well

There's a few I think are going to bolt if they continue they're NAB League form. Cam Mackenzie is the main one from Metro, will likely be in the starting onball rotation and I expect will impress a few that maybe haven't seen much from him.

For Country; Jack O'Sullivan, Finn Emile-Brennan and Aaron Cadman I think will really push their case, Cadman in particular I think will make a lot of Top 10s if Country do well

There seems to always been some bolters and sliders. What type of player is Cadman that you feel he can elevate into the top 10. How do you see player like Henry Hustwaite, James Van Es etc going against all those CHF names.. could their value escalate with a good champs...or is R2 their most likely spot

Last edited:

There seems to always been some bolters and sliders. What type of player is Cadman that you feel he can elevate into the top 10. How do you see player like Henry Hustwaite, James Van Es etc going against all those CHF names.. could their value escalate with a good champs...or is R2 their most likely spot
Cadmans just got a lot of tools to be a serious player at the next level, really athletic, multiple avenues to goal and a really hard worker.

Hustwaite and Van Es I can't really see bolting from Champs, Van Es is pretty "you get what you see", I'm not sure there's much more he could do in his role that'd cause him to rise, of he started hurting more with his disposal and contributed more to offensive plays that'd be a good additional element to add to his game, but really I'm just expecting him to be a good shut down player at the Champs.

Hustwaites a little different, I'm still not sure what he is at the next level yet, so if he came out and looked convincing in a midfield role for example I could see people being excited by that

PMBangers, an update on your predicted metro/country teams now that you’ve seen the trial games or do they lie pretty much similar?
Metro
B: Nathan Philactides - Sam Grant - Callum Verrell
HB: Luke Teal - Lewis Hayes - Josh Weddle
C: Elijah Tsatas - Cam Mackenzie - Yuyu Ashwin
HF: Harry Sheezel - Jovan Petric - Blake Drury
FF: Nate Caddy - Matthew Jefferson - Nick Watson
R: Hudson O'Keefe - George Wardlaw - Will Ashcroft
INT: Alwyn Davey Jnr - Kai Windsor - Charlie Clarke - Matthew Payne - Will Green - Jerome Lawrence - Cooper Harvey

Country
B: Cooper Vickery - Will Parkhouse - Luamon Lual
HB: Jonti Schuback - Joshua Tweedale - Max Clohesy
C: Caleb Mitchell - Jhye Clark - Oliver Hollands
HF: Sam Frangalas - Archer Reid - Jack O'Sullivan
FF: Harley Reid - Aaron Cadman - Zane Duursma
R: Olivier Northam - Mitch Szybkowski - Hugh Bond
INT: Taj Campbell-Farrell - Jacob Konstanty - Sam Frangalas - Toby McMullin - Jaxon Binns - Henry Hustwaite - Harvey Howe

Last edited:
Metro
C: Kai Windsor - Cam Mackenzie - Yuyu Ashwin
INT: Alwyn Davey Jnr - Kai Windsor - Charlie Clarke - Matthew Payne - Will Green - Jerome Lawrence - Cooper Harvey

Country
INT: Taj Campbell-Farrell - Jacob Konstanty - Sam Frangalas - Toby McMullin - Jaxon Binns - Ted Clohesy - Harvey Howe
Tsatas out indefinitely?

Metro

Country
INT: Taj Campbell-Farrell - Jacob Konstanty - Sam Frangalas - Toby McMullin - Jaxon Binns - Ted Clohesy - Harvey Howe
Kai Windsor doing well to get named twice

Metro

Country
IMO other than Tsatsas error I reckon u nailed it.

I will watch game 2 tmrw.
I’ve only watched game one so far but my thoughts on the best as well as the best 2005 born.

Game 1

Country
Lual
Reid
O’Sullivan
Mitchell
Dow
2005 best Lual

Metro
Clarke
Mackenzie
Tomasiello
Drury
2005 best Philactides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tsatas out indefinitely?
Still in a moonboot and was supposedly going to be out of it by now. Bailey Humphrey done for the year and Brayden George 6-8 weeks out with a knee for Country

Any chance any of those boys slide as others get to push their chances during the carnival?
Humphrey may, but I don't think he's lasting past the second round just given his skillset, George is pretty comfortably locked into a Top 15 pick I think, not too many that have shown glimpses of overtaking him yet

How’s the 2023 draft crop looking?
Probably one of the most X-Factor filled top ends in a long time if early form is anything to go by; Delean, Moir and Watson lead that but Duursma, Harley Reid, Sam Frangalas and Nate Caddy all have a bit to them in that regard as well, a few good tall prospects early with Reid, Patton and Curtin too but some of the VIC 17s have really impressed me recently too, Will Green from Northern I truly believe could be the best Ruck option for Metro at the Champs for example, then WA have a couple of MID/FWD types in Tholstrup, Sanchez, Di Masi, Hardeman, etc. that are performing well in Colts.

It'll be clearer the more we see the crop play at NAB League/ School/ Champs level, but certainly exciting for clubs looking likely to have a top 10 pick next year

Probably one of the most X-Factor filled top ends in a long time if early form is anything to go by; Delean, Moir and Watson lead that but Duursma, Harley Reid, Sam Frangalas and Nate Caddy all have a bit to them in that regard as well, a few good tall prospects early with Reid, Patton and Curtin too but some of the VIC 17s have really impressed me recently too, Will Green from Northern I truly believe could be the best Ruck option for Metro at the Champs for example, then WA have a couple of MID/FWD types in Tholstrup, Sanchez, Di Masi, Hardeman, etc. that are performing well in Colts.

It'll be clearer the more we see the crop play at NAB League/ School/ Champs level, but certainly exciting for clubs looking likely to have a top 10 pick next year
Are there any bottom agers from SA looking like potential early talents.

Are there any bottom agers from SA looking like potential early talents.
Delean and Moir are the main two that have stood out when I've watched, with Patton and Mertz also impressive. Luca Slade, Alex Holt and Harry Francis are the others that have caught my attention when I've watched, but generally with WA and SA games I'll go in with a list of draft age kids to focus on, so I'm not really paying a heap of attention to others

Is the man beast George Stevens still worth yakking on about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back