Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He ran a 3.1 second 20m at the start of the year I'm pretty sure which is certainly on the lower end for non-KPP players, but yes we do have to nitpick something fierce regardless
Fair enough, I hope there's an improvement on that later this month then.

and BTW, get the RMC guys to pin the October power rankings to the top of the page when they come out. Those few wasted seconds have cost me thousands of dollars in lost draft analysis time.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Fair enough, I hope there's an improvement on that later this month then.

and BTW, get the RMC guys to pin the October power rankings to the top of the page when they come out. Those few wasted seconds have cost me thousands of dollars in lost draft analysis time.
Why read the RMC rankings when you can read mine!

I will pass on the suggestion tho

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
What?? Passed on Thilthorpe when the Crows had the number 1 pick?? We can't pass on a player that was taken before our 1st pick.

Cox - come on he was never on our radar and for good reason. A tall wingman is not a need.

McDonald was one I thought we would take but not sure that has turned out to be a howler as yet. With Logue coming in DGB is not a big loss on not picking him.

It will be Cadman, Wardlaw or Sheezel if he keep out pick. None would surprise.
The head of footy at Wesley used to work at Norff - don’t write off Tsatas

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
What do the gurus on here think of Darcy Jones (Swans districts) and Jack Cleaver?

WA boys so probably get a bit less focus on here
Ive watched far more of D.Jones than Cleaver

With Cleaver hes a great size already and his stat lines are super impressive for League level. Im surprised hes not being mentioned more and holding your spot in a side that probably couldve been in the WAFL GF is also nothing to be sneezed about. From memory a few thought his game vs SA was also quite decent. Seems an honest half back. I havnt seen enough maybe his knock not having any outstanding traits

Anyway im a big fan of D.Jones. The query as to where he gets picked will be whether he is considered capable as a small forward. I actually think hes very capable as a small forward. Think hes better than Motlop from last year who went at 24, just hes so good as a midfielder that he hasnt been given the chance fwd much. He performed very well in the league in a small fwd role.

His obvious knock and only knock is really his size.

Someone could well be getting an elite small forward later in the draft 30^. He has the speed for it, goal sense and he seems a very disciplined character who will have the mentality to apply defensive pressure that is needed from small forwards

Its just whether hes a Zac Fisher or can turn into a genuine small forward

Wont surprise me if eagles look hard at him with pick ~26 if thats what they get in exchange for Rioli

dkalphy

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Until his 2nd hammy I would have said yes. But Cadmen and Sheezel are in the mix now. All 3 would not surprise.

Who are you wanting for the Eagles?
I wanted Wardlaw for a while, but now want Cadman tbh. I think he would be a great fit next to Allen, i like getting him now as we still have Darling. So he will get the 3rd best tall until he develops. Lets be real, our list needs a revamp everywhere and yes we need mids, but their easier to find then forwards like Cadman.

Who do you want at North?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
PM is Wardlaw a lock for norths pick 1?
Seems like Cadman will be who they go for with his second half of the year, his play style should compliment Larkey well as Cadman pushes up the ground more.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Seems like Cadman will be who they go for with his second half of the year, his play style should compliment Larkey well as Cadman pushes up the ground more.
Unless of course JHF leaves, in which case yeah it'll be Wardlaw

Ive watched far more of D.Jones than Cleaver

With Cleaver hes a great size already and his stat lines are super impressive for League level. Im surprised hes not being mentioned more and holding your spot in a side that probably couldve been in the WAFL GF is also nothing to be sneezed about. From memory a few thought his game vs SA was also quite decent. Seems an honest half back. I havnt seen enough maybe his knock not having any outstanding traits

Anyway im a big fan of D.Jones. The query as to where he gets picked will be whether he is considered capable as a small forward. I actually think hes very capable as a small forward. Think hes better than Motlop from last year who went at 24, just hes so good as a midfielder that he hasnt been given the chance fwd much. He performed very well in the league in a small fwd role.

His obvious knock and only knock is really his size.

Someone could well be getting an elite small forward later in the draft 30^. He has the speed for it, goal sense and he seems a very disciplined character who will have the mentality to apply defensive pressure that is needed from small forwards

Its just whether hes a Zac Fisher or can turn into a genuine small forward

Wont surprise me if eagles look hard at him with pick ~26 if thats what they get in exchange for Rioli
Thanks, really appreciate the response.
It's hard to get info on guys who fall outside the first round pick range because most of the football media (understandably) focus on the pointy end.

I still think they should go Sheezel honestly. They've already invested heavily in the midfield without factoring JHF in. LDU is 23, Phillips and Powell are 20 and former top 10 picks, Simpkin is still only 24 and they still took Goater last year.

They really lack class up front.

Addy23

Team Captain
Oct 7, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unless of course JHF leaves, in which case yeah it'll be Wardlaw
Still think they're better off taking Cadman. Their midfield imo is still good enough. It was so good that they played JHF forward!

I'd be taking Cadman given the KPFs need time to develop and north can afford the time now.

Whether they do that by going a couple spots back or not remains to be seen

pushintheback

All Australian
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Still think they're better off taking Cadman. Their midfield imo is still good enough. It was so good that they played JHF forward!

I'd be taking Cadman given the KPFs need time to develop and north can afford the time now.

Whether they do that by going a couple spots back or not remains to be seen

JHF definitely throws a spanner in the works. Maybe they also land the Eagles pick as well through various trades. Nonetheless it’s gonna be real interesting to see how this plays out.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we are more likely to trade the pick now than what we were a week ago.

I think the club would be eyeing three top 10 picks, with 2 x 2023 R1 picks in the bank also.

I think 1 player from each of the following groups would be the plan.

Group 1: Cadman/Wardlaw/Sheezel/Tsatsas
Group 2: Clark/McKenzie/Humphrey
Group 3: Busslinger/Jefferson

Especially if they can somehow manage to convince Bowes as well, it would mean 4 of the above.

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Watching the Vic country Vs Vic metro game. I was left massively impressed with Cadman and Jefferson.
By the sounds of it Cadman is looking a likely top 3 pick. Where do you have Jefferson going?

Also Harley Reid was very impressive. To me he has a little bit of Jack Riewoldt about him and has a natural swagger about him. They started him off half back but going forwrd and had an instant impact. Is he normally a swing man type or naturally a forward.

Another player I was very impressed with was Ollie Hollands. This kid was a machine and worked his butt off in that game. From what I saw of him, he has a lot of Hugh Mccluggage to his game. Where do you have this kid going?

Also I wasn’t blown away by Ashcroft, he was good. But the talk of this kid being a clear number one draft pick surprises me. He does remind me of a young Lachie Neale though which is a bit coincidental.

For mine Cadman was the most impressive player on the field in the game.

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watching the Vic country Vs Vic metro game. I was left massively impressed with Cadman and Jefferson.
By the sounds of it Cadman is looking a likely top 3 pick. Where do you have Jefferson going?

Also Harley Reid was very impressive. To me he has a little bit of Jack Riewoldt about him and has a natural swagger about him. They started him off half back but going forwrd and had an instant impact. Is he normally a swing man type or naturally a forward.

Another player I was very impressed with was Ollie Hollands. This kid was a machine and worked his butt off in that game. From what I saw of him, he has a lot of Hugh Mccluggage to his game. Where do you have this kid going?

Also I wasn’t blown away by Ashcroft, he was good. But the talk of this kid being a clear number one draft pick surprises me. He does remind me of a young Lachie Neale though which is a bit coincidental.

For mine Cadman was the most impressive player on the field in the game.
Believe it or not, Harley Reid is actually best as a midfielder.

Back