The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you feel the same way about the police force who have backed his actions? They hold the opposite view.

Yeah, yeah, "Of course they would back him, they are just as corrupt, looking after one of the boys" etc etc, and of course the judge is 100% correct because they hold your view
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ty-could-face-suspension-20180403-p4z7h2.html

Look at that article, the VIC police force wouldn't even condemn or criticize the actions of those scumbags. There is almost nothing a cop can do wrong that would make their force come out and condemn their actions

Cop was a bit angry and abrasive after the person refused to pull over, tried to pull some shenanigans with keys and get home without being stopped. Is that really some travesty?
It was un needed. The cop was angry an abusive.
So what if someone drove away at 40ks an hour.
Is it a crime against anyone? Affecting anyone?

In what world is driving while suspended in an unregistered vehicle not serious.
I would consider that "Banned" drivers driving potentially dangerous vehicles is a good way to kill someone.

"Victim" seems to think she is entitled.
Her license wasnt suspended.
The police car computer and camera incorrectly determined it was

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ty-could-face-suspension-20180403-p4z7h2.html

Look at that article, the VIC police force wouldn't even condemn or criticize the actions of those scumbags. There is almost nothing a cop can do wrong that would make their force come out and condemn their actions
That was disgusting by the police. Also a bad decision to say "We'll wait for the investigation" before suspending any of them in my opinion too.

Three of the officers have been charged, as they should be:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...arrest-melbourne-third-police-officer-charged

I'll give you what the real headline of this story should have been: Cranky Cop Has Promotion Plans Setback: A bad attitude is a bad look for NSW Police.

That's it.

What is this s**t? It sounds like you're writing for an underbelly series on police corruption.

He needs more than an attitude adjustment and limited career opportunities.

I am not kidding but the guy appeared to be intellectually slow. He looked like a big kid dressed up in a police uniform playing cops and robbers.

Last edited:
What is this s**t? It sounds like you're writing for an underbelly series on police corruption.

He needs more than an attitude adjustment and limited career opportunities.

I am not kidding but the guy appeared to be highly intellectually slow. He looked like a big kid dressed up in a police uniform playing cops and robbers.
You can tell all that from a three minute clip, and also pass judgement on his ability to perform a job that I am assuming you have zero experience in? And you ask me what's this s**t?

It's one thing to criticise a police officers actions, but to play psychologist, mind reader and pretend to know if someone is mentally fit for a job is laughably silly.

You can tell all that from a three minute clip, and also pass judgement on his ability to perform a job that I am assuming you have zero experience in? And you ask me what's this s**t?

It's one thing to criticise a police officers actions, but to play psychologist, mind reader and pretend to know if someone is mentally fit for a job is laughably silly.
Given that a moment of overreaction from a police officer could very conceivably result in death or serious injury it’s not that silly.

Call me old fashioned, but I tend to treat older people, particularly women, with a little bit more respect.

What sort of a s**t campaigner pulls a squirt on a 59 year old pensioner woman, then carries on like that?

Shan, you're normally the apex voice of reason in this place, but you have gone off road here.

The cop needs a smack.

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned, but I tend to treat older people, particularly women, with a little bit more respect.

What sort of a s**t campaigner pulls a squirt on a 59 year old pensioner woman, then carries on like that?

Shan, you're normally the apex voice of reason in this place, but you have gone off road here.

The cop needs a smack.
Maybe I have been a bit too antagonistic in the way I have responded. You gotta remember I come from a place of knowing a thing or two about what it's like to do those sort of jobs and I constantly see uninformed people spouting nonsense about policing and the military. Perhaps I am too defensive as a default position and that comes across in the way I respond.

As I see it, and after given time to think, pulling the pistol out was too much. I said previously that it was arguably OK at best, but really... it wasn't necessary, regardless of whether I think he has a fair point in saying "I don't know what was waiting for me in the garage" because he should have a bit of a clue - almost certainly nothing. That's the funny thing about being a Hindsight Harry from the comfort of our couches though. We have no idea whether the cop has had something bad happen to him before in a similar circumstance. We are watching the video from the perspective of already knowing it was a 59 year old unarmed woman. Some people would do well to remember that. His attitude was definitely s**t.

But the rest? The dog thing is irrelevant - dog bites you, you cap spray the turd (the threat to shoot the dog was highly inappropriate though - it was only done to intimidate the woman). He also didn't physically mistreat her at all.

Unless there is something he did that isn't on the film that shows him doing something really horrible, the guy's job isn't in jeopardy and nor should it be. You don't fire cops for that. You give them a whack for overreacting, give them some retraining for that sort of situation and get them back to work with a better attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the rest? The dog thing is irrelevant - dog bites you, you cap spray the turd (the threat to shoot the dog was highly inappropriate though - it was only done to intimidate the woman)
This is probably my biggest problem with your view on this whole situation. You are making it sound like the dog lunged at him and attacked him. The entire situation the dog was just hanging around, licking the owners face, wagging its tail with a big smile on its face. It then goes up to the cop who pushes it in the neck/face, so the dog naturally reacts to this by snapping back, he then plays the victim and sprays the dog.

If you don't personally like dogs, that's your choice, but this campaigner has absolutely no right to abuse (and that's exactly what it is) an animal. He is a scumbag

The glaring question about his conduct to a (self proclaimed) moderate on the subject

- why did he cuff her? Was it necessary?
- why did he make her get on her knees? Was it necessary?
- why did he draw his gun? Was it necessary?
- why didn’t he allow her to put the dog away after she repeatedly requested him to?

As said, reasonable force and necessary conduct. The above were unreasonable and unnecessary to me and I’m sure most reasonable people. I’m inclined to ignore the dog stuff as I’m an avid animal lover and actively involved in a number of charities and rescue groups so anything to do with that makes my f**king skin crawl so a natural bias is going to be at play (fwiw I tend to think of the dog wanted to bite him, pepper spraying it probably wouldn’t help, it’s a pretty big dog)

The glaring question about his conduct to a (self proclaimed) moderate on the subject

- why did he cuff her? Was it necessary?
- why did he make her get on her knees? Was it necessary?
- why did he draw his gun? Was it necessary?
- why didn’t he allow her to put the dog away after she repeatedly requested him to?

As said, reasonable force and necessary conduct. The above were unreasonable and unnecessary to me and I’m sure most reasonable people. I’m inclined to ignore the dog stuff as I’m an avid animal lover and actively involved in a number of charities and rescue groups so anything to do with that makes my f**king skin crawl so a natural bias is going to be at play (fwiw I tend to think of the dog wanted to bite him, pepper spraying it probably wouldn’t help, it’s a pretty big dog)
If he's arresting or detaining her for evading (which is safe to assume) then all those points are standard practice. It's so someone can't just bolt off easily.

The whole thing is one giant cluster * after another. If the lady had stopped - maybe even out the front of her house and not tried to get inside - the whole thing likely would have played out differently. I don't buy her story for a second. No idea why she thought it would be fine to not pull over for several km and then go home without issue. It's baffling.

Dogs don't like capsicum spray (just like people). He hit it twice I think in that video and it didn't want much to do with him after that. But the dog was fine.

This is probably my biggest problem with your view on this whole situation. You are making it sound like the dog lunged at him and attacked him. The entire situation the dog was just hanging around, licking the owners face, wagging its tail with a big smile on its face. It then goes up to the cop who pushes it in the neck/face, so the dog naturally reacts to this by snapping back, he then plays the victim and sprays the dog.

If you don't personally like dogs, that's your choice, but this campaigner has absolutely no right to abuse (and that's exactly what it is) an animal. He is a scumbag
I love dogs. It bit him though. As you said, it was a natural reaction, but so is getting capsicum sprayed by a cop if he's bitten while trying to deal with a person. The dog is fine. Probably sneezed for a bit and has developed a dislike for leftover risotto.

If he's arresting or detaining her for evading (which is safe to assume) then all those points are standard practice. It's so someone can't just bolt off easily.

The whole thing is one giant cluster **** after another. If the lady had stopped - maybe even out the front of her house and not tried to get inside - the whole thing likely would have played out differently. I don't buy her story for a second. No idea why she thought it would be fine to not pull over for several km and then go home without issue. It's baffling.

Dogs don't like capsicum spray (just like people). He hit it twice I think in that video and it didn't want much to do with him after that. But the dog was fine.

Yeh I can’t agree with that. It’s evident there is no need to exacerbate the situation by cuffing and then forcing the woman to her knees. Sure he has to control the situation but he’s being deliberately and overtly antagonistic in this instance when it’s totally unwarranted. Every arrest is situational so it’s not like you can claim he “followed protocol” no person, let alone cop, can use the excuse that they interact with every single person the same way. He has every right to protect himself and control the suspect but this was excessive and unnecessary.

As said, I’m ignoring the dog stuff cause I think that’s just s**t, he may well have been within rights to do that but I’m never gonna agree with it.

Yeh I can’t agree with that. It’s evident there is no need to exacerbate the situation by cuffing and then forcing the woman to her knees. Sure he has to control the situation but he’s being deliberately and overtly antagonistic in this instance when it’s totally unwarranted. Every arrest is situational so it’s not like you can claim he “followed protocol” no person, let alone cop, can use the excuse that they interact with every single person the same way. He has every right to protect himself and control the suspect but this was excessive and unnecessary.

As said, I’m ignoring the dog stuff cause I think that’s just s**t, he may well have been within rights to do that but I’m never gonna agree with it.
Bringing her to the front of the car after detaining her is actually in her best interests - it's where the camera is, and part of the reason they have it there. She was also arrested I take it, and therefore had to be brought to the car anyway.

But yeh, highly unlikely she's going to bolt off into the distance from her own home at her age etc. Like I said - cluster *.

Bringing her to the front of the car after detaining her is actually in her best interests - it's where the camera is, and part of the reason they have it there. She was also arrested I take it, and therefore had to be brought to the car anyway.

But yeh, highly unlikely she's going to bolt off into the distance from her own home at her age etc. Like I said - cluster ****.

No problem with her being brought to the car (never said as much) but the cuffs and forcing her to her knees are my issues, woefully excessive.

The whole thing is one giant cluster **** after another. If the lady had stopped - maybe even out the front of her house and not tried to get inside - the whole thing likely would have played out differently. I don't buy her story for a second. No idea why she thought it would be fine to not pull over for several km and then go home without issue. It's baffling.

I love dogs. It bit him though. As you said, it was a natural reaction, but so is getting capsicum sprayed by a cop if he's bitten while trying to deal with a person. The dog is fine. Probably sneezed for a bit and has developed a dislike for leftover risotto.

This seems like a pretty good guide as to how cops should deal with dogs, and apart from his "mouthing off" the cop in question probably did the right thing.
It was a large dog, probably of a breed known to be dangerous. And that happy look on dogs faces is "not a smile " even though it makes them look cute.

https://www.policeone.com/use-of-fo...-dogs-on-SWAT-operations-10-tactical-options/

Google "cops shoot pet dog". They seem to be able to shoot them if they "think they will be attacked ".

Having a large dog like that, the woman was foolish to allow it to run free when the cop was there. I know with my German Shepherds we quickly put them out the back when someone comes to the door. They aren't viscous, but with most dogs its too easy for them to get excited and do something out of character.

The guy above who seems to know says "standard practice".
If it was the USA , they'd have spiked her tyres, pulled their guns , made her put her hands on the hood before cuffing her behind her back.
Yeah and thankfully our police don't always go from 0-100 in 2.5 like the US cops can tend to do. Hence this incident is so shocking to a lot of people, whereas more people in the US would either have no problem or even think the cop acted with a bit of restraint. It's a very different culture in some parts over there.

Yeah and thankfully our police don't always go from 0-100 in 2.5 like the US cops can tend to do. Hence this incident is so shocking to a lot of people, whereas more people in the US would either have no problem or even think the cop acted with a bit of restraint. It's a very different culture in some parts over there.
Which is also why when we see acts of police acting inappropriately we (as a society) have a responsibility to call it out and nip it in the bud before it does become a serious problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back