Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the new study, people who received a single dose of either the Pfizer/BioNTech or Oxford/AstraZeeca vaccines - and who became infected at least three weeks later - were between 38 per cent and 49 per cent less likely to pass the virus on to people living in their homes, compared to unvaccinated people.

Regardless of a person’s age, similar levels of protection was seen in from around 14 days after getting a jab.

Another two die in NSW. One a fit and healthy 55 year old who developed blood clots on his lungs.

Another two die in NSW. One a fit and healthy 55 year old who developed blood clots on his lungs.

Was that the news.com article I read earlier? Thought that was terrible scaremongering.

In one case the family just said they didn’t blame the vaccine but thought he was healthy. In the other case he had a bunch of issues but nothing could be linked to the vaccine.

Was that the news.com article I read earlier? Thought that was terrible scaremongering.

In one case the family just said they didn’t blame the vaccine but thought he was healthy. In the other case he had a bunch of issues but nothing could be linked to the vaccine.
But this is the issue I and many in here have.

"Had many issues but it's not the vaccine" - why is/was this never applied to covid itself. 85-year-old diabetic, battles cancer 20 years, dies with covid = lockdowns and mass hysteria...

But this is the issue I and many in here have.

"Had many issues but it's not the vaccine" - why is/was this never applied to covid itself. 85-year-old diabetic, battles cancer 20 years, dies with covid = lockdowns and mass hysteria...

You’d hope government agencies aren’t basing their reporting methods on Murdoch articles.

There have been deaths associated with vaccines. Report them for sure once confirmed. I just found that article had no facts at all. Perhaps they did die from it but I’m not even sure they had a coroners report yet.

You’d hope government agencies aren’t basing their reporting methods on Murdoch articles.

There have been deaths associated with vaccines. Report them for sure once confirmed. I just found that article had no facts at all. Perhaps they did die from it but I’m not even sure they had a coroners report yet.
Our politicians make decisions based on public sentiment as that is what keeps them in jobs. Media (social media included) hysteria sways political decisions now more than ever before

This is opinion based from your experience. Totally valid and everyone should be free to make their choice. From another perspective, we've had as many Covid deaths as you've had cases in Australia. I know 3 who have died from it and a few others just through friends and family. We're not a third world country. We have excellent health resources. We've had 10 million or so vaccines given in the country with minimal issues. I know hundreds who have had it through work.

I believe Australia has had one death from 1.1M AZ vaccines. 1/1,100,000 is much better odds than Covid if you happen to get it. I do understand though. It must be easy to think you're not going to get it or pass it along. If I was in Australia I may think that too. It hasn't really been a risk at all with less than 1,000 deaths.

I'm not basing my decision not to get the vaccine on personal experience, I'm basing it on facts. Covid has a 99% recovery rate, why would I get vaccinated against something with a 99% recovery rate?

I'm not basing my decision not to get the vaccine on personal experience, I'm basing it on facts. Covid has a 99% recovery rate, why would I get vaccinated against something with a 99% recovery rate?
People living paralysed in iron lungs survived polio too. They went out of fashion because the polio vaccine worked.

I'm being a bit facetious, but there's a difference between not dying and recovering from certain diseases, and covid seems to be a good example.
It doesn't bother me if you don't get the vaccine though.

Do you feel ok with Australia opening up to the world with just 65 year olds and over vaccinated?
Opening up Australia with 65+ vaccinated is a no brainer. The majority of the strain on our healthcare system relating to covid will be minimized down to a handful cases just by doing that (and seriously if you can't open up over a few extra activities at a hospital we will never be able to do so). There would be zero justification for not opening other than 'optics' to keep the eternally fearful happy. Optics being the only reason you wear masks walking around Adelaide oval but not at your seat (zero logic or value, but appear to be doing something)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opening up Australia with 65+ vaccinated is a no brainer. The majority of the strain on our healthcare system relating to covid will be minimized down to a handful cases just by doing that (and seriously if you can't open up over a few extra activities at a hospital we will never be able to do so). There would be zero justification for not opening other than 'optics' to keep the eternally fearful happy. Optics being the only reason you wear masks walking around Adelaide oval but not at your seat (zero logic or value, but appear to be doing something)

I hope so! Would love to get back.

Do you feel ok with Australia opening up to the world with just 65 year olds and over vaccinated?
I believe the take up of the jab in all ages will be a lot slower than most hope, people of all ages are saying they are happy to wait a few years to see what happens. A 61 year old nurse I know said she will retire if she has to have the jab to keep her job.

IF I'm right, then I can't see any way out of this mess.

I believe the take up of the jab in all ages will be a lot slower than most hope, people of all ages are saying they are happy to wait a few years to see what happens. A 61 year old nurse I know said she will retire if she has to have the jab to keep her job.

People hoping for a break across the English Channel this year have been given a boost by reports that France will accept foreign tourists who have a "health pass" from 9 June.

Travellers who can prove they've had a vaccine or a negative Covid test are to be welcomed back to French cities and beaches in just over a months' time

Jab up or stay home will get people going for a needle

People hoping for a break across the English Channel this year have been given a boost by reports that France will accept foreign tourists who have a "health pass" from 9 June.

Travellers who can prove they've had a vaccine or a negative Covid test are to be welcomed back to French cities and beaches in just over a months' time

Jab up or stay home will get people going for a needle

Yeah nah, Travel in or out of The Peoples Republic of Westralia still wont be allowed under Comrade McGoose watch.

Seems Promo and Fryberg talking about getting unemployment to below 5% means they arent opening up for a while

I wonder what ingredient scares her. Must be the mRNA tech I guess. That’s the only relatively new thing.

‘Don’t want to be guinea pigs’: Most govt hospital health workers in Delhi refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine
so we would rather be guinea pigs to see if we get it without the vax

Back