Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So is Australia going to mandate booster shots? Seems the US are only advising it for those over 65 or at risk. Has any other country mandated is anywhere like we have here?
UK suggested no 3rd was going to mean no quarantine free travel.

It will be more important for countries that had minimal transmission and ageing jabs

US is hitting a temp herd immunity/plateau
Their death rate is still high but everyone has nearly got the ronna so their infection rate is dropping so is their hospitalisation
It is looking similar in the UK too.

Winter will tell us if its its long term trend or another dip on the roller coaster

US is hitting a temp herd immunity/plateau
Their death rate is still high but everyone has nearly got the ronna so their infection rate is dropping so is their hospitalisation
It is looking similar in the UK too.

Winter will tell us if its its long term trend or another dip on the roller coaster
theyve only got confirmed cases for 15% of their population

theyve only got confirmed cases for 15% of their population
Source;
The Old English Dr on youtube was doing the graphs
It has been his assumption for the last few tubes

Re US
Case numbers are dropping fast hospitalisation is dropping alongside but deaths are down but still very high
UK had started downwards

The ones trending up from memory were Ireland Holland and Belgium ???

Russia and a few of the formers USSRs were doing the worst not great in parts of Eastern Europe too

Data was a problem in a lot of those countries too

Source;
The Old English Dr on youtube was doing the graphs
It has been his assumption for the last few tubes

Re US
Case numbers are dropping fast hospitalisation is dropping alongside but deaths are down but still very high
UK had started downwards

The ones trending up from memory were Ireland Holland and Belgium ???

Russia and a few of the formers USSRs were doing the worst not great in parts of Eastern Europe too

Data was a problem in a lot of those countries too
yeah i know you think your youtube guy is better than everyone elses youtube guy

but its still a youtube guy

we know more people in the US than the recorded cases would have a had covid but suggesting that they've all pretty much had it when only 14% of the population have had a confirmed case is a pretty big jump

yeah i know you think your youtube guy is better than everyone elses youtube guy

but its still a youtube guy

we know more people in the US than the recorded cases would have a had covid but suggesting that they've all pretty much had it when only 14% of the population have had a confirmed case is a pretty big jump
but the graphs

maybe not everyone gets tested
its been bouncing around for quite a while

but the graphs

maybe not everyone gets tested
its been bouncing around for quite a while
yeah I'm happy to acknowledge that they'd be under reporting numbers

but its a big jump to go from the confirmed 46m cases to 330mil

any guess of what that number actually is will just be a guess too

I love how the terms 'comorbidity' and 'underlying conditions' have entered the anti-lockdown lexicon in the past couple of years - because it reveals what their agenda is all along. In essence, if you're at retirement age or have a beer belly or have diabetes, your life has less value than mine and if COVID takes you out, that's your fault, because I want to go to nightclubs and the gym.

Anyway, good to see NSW's and Victoria's numbers trending down - they are proof (as if we needed it) that vaccines work in slowing the spread and reducing hospitalisations and deaths. We are now at the stage where booster shots are being rolled out, have a feeling this will be a twice yearly regimen that most in the workforce will have to undertake for the next decade or more.

I love how the terms 'comorbidity' and 'underlying conditions' have entered the anti-lockdown lexicon in the past couple of years - because it reveals what their agenda is all along. In essence, if you're at retirement age or have a beer belly or have diabetes, your life has less value than mine and if COVID takes you out, that's your fault, because I want to go to nightclubs and the gym.

Anyway, good to see NSW's and Victoria's numbers trending down - they are proof (as if we needed it) that vaccines work in slowing the spread and reducing hospitalisations and deaths. We are now at the stage where booster shots are being rolled out, have a feeling this will be a twice yearly regimen that most in the workforce will have to undertake for the next decade or more.
we don't have data yet on how the 3rd dose effects long term immunity

there is some hope that the 3rd dose will provide it and it will be more about whether new variants require another shot like the flu or not

a lot of our vaccines have a 6 month booster as part of the normal schedule

that said if I have to go get a booster every 6-12 months to be protected and open I'm also fine with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is a little weird, as the local protests I observed firsthand included a few olders and more than a few fatties. :shrug:

Number of vaccinated NBA players have to do 10 day quarantine due to testing positive. Makes complete sense /s

Come on cult. Defend the utter madness

SA still has mandatory masks despite massive vaccination numbers and zero cases. Still restrictions on pubs, capacity etc

Come on cult, defend the madness.

Number of vaccinated NBA players have to do 10 day quarantine due to testing positive. Makes complete sense /s

SA still has mandatory masks despite massive vaccination numbers and zero cases. Still restrictions on pubs, capacity etc

Was wondering when you'd reappear.

we got together and came up with a list of things that would piss you off

everyone agreed it was worth it for the lols

Kyrie still cant play/train in NY and his team have said he cant play outside of NYC because of that.

Almost like some jurisdictions are being more cautious due to their experiences with the disease.

attention right-wing COVID-19 pandemic deniers who base their argument on the fact that COVID-19 vaccines are NOT vaccines in accordance with the CDC’s own definition of the term "vaccine" :

on 1st september 2021, the CDC revised its definition of the term "vaccine"

former definition :
"a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.”

revised definition :
"a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

The agency says the “slight changes in wording” for the definition “haven’t impacted the overall definition” and that the previous definition “could be interpreted to mean that vaccines were 100% effective, which has never been the case for any vaccine, so the current definition is more transparent, and also describes the ways in which vaccines can be administered.
It typically takes 2 weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19"

**definitely worth a mention though,
despite having revised their definition of "vaccine"
1. other parts of the CDC website still say the COVID-19 vaccines grant immunity.

2. messenger RNA technology COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the United States have plummeted in effectiveness against infection in recent months after initially being promoted as protecting against infection and severe disease.

source : The Epoch Times

imho

Costa Rican children aged five and above must get Covid-19 vaccinations, according to a new health ministry mandate, making the Central American country one of the first to adopt such a requirement for kids.

The move would add Covid-19 to a list of other infectious diseases that Costa Rica has for years required children to be vaccinated against, Reuters reports.

If the tables were turned and it didn't really effect people, say, over 80, do you reckon they would be pushing the vaccine to them as much as they seem to be for the young?

We've had approaching 2 years of this pandemic so there should be tonnes of hard data regarding the risks to every age range. Surely this data should be put forward to parents by the government to allow them to make an informed decision. This doesn't seem to be happening.

“We’re having younger deaths, which we never had in the first wave,” he said.
In the first wave, just 20.7 per cent of the 217 ICU admissions were those aged in their 40s or younger. That has risen to 40.1 per cent in the last outbreak, with at least 538 people in their 30s and 40s admitted to intensive care, 134 in their 20s, 37 aged 10 to 19 and a dozen younger children.

Dr Burrell said part of this trend was a result of older people having been largely vaccinated first in Australia, but he said Delta was also manifesting more severely in younger people than previous strains.

Despite Australia’s vaccination uptake now approaching world-leading levels, with more than 80 per cent of those over 16 now fully vaccinated, only 3.3 per cent of intensive care patients have been fully vaccinated - 68 out of 2037 patients recorded.

Many of those had only recently received a jab.

I went for a bowl of ramen last week and they asked not only for my vaccine card but my driver's licence to verify my identity, bit over the top.

Compare this to the gym I go to (old school boxing gym) and I asked if he wanted to see it, "* no" was the response ha ha

I went for a bowl of ramen last week and they asked not only for my vaccine card but my driver's licence to verify my identity, bit over the top.

Compare this to the gym I go to (old school boxing gym) and I asked if he wanted to see it, "fu** no" was the response ha ha
Its not really OTT its just part of the requirements.

Because other places dont ask doesnt mean that place is being over the top.

Back