Port Adelaide - Can They Hack It In The Big Time League?

Remove this Banner Ad

No it should have been Norwood and Port. Not this homeless, soulless, bastard child of the SANFL. How is the crows new clubhouse going?
I know we are gonna go off topic here.

If there's a 3rd AFL team in SA, I would want it in the Southern suburbs. A team that Glenelg, south Adelaide and Sturt could follow.

Hahaha * I forgot about this thread. Imagine making this thread about a club, and then having the most talented player to have ever stepped foot in your club who didn't * his captain's wife leave to that club the very next year. Lol.

Hahaha * I forgot about this thread. Imagine making this thread about a club, and then having the most talented player to have ever stepped foot in your club who didn't * his captain's wife leave to that club the very next year. Lol.
A truly embarrassing post. Quoting this so that you can't delete it lol

What is this thread? Embarrassing is the answer.

Port have a long and proud heritage and should have been admitted to the AFL sooner.

They won a flag in 'the Big Time League' faster than nearly every other team admitted to the comp (of the 12 teams added to the comp since the inception of the VFL, only West Coast won a flag quicker).

They're regularly competitive, making finals basically every second year, a prelim on average every 4 or so years and minor premiership on average every 6 or so.

Their attendances are fine and they have around 60K members. Their debt is going down quite quickly, whilst remaining competitive on field.

Whilst they may not be a "powerhouse of the league", they are certainly a lot more competitive than a number of other clubs and are 'above average' in most key metrics.

Weird thread.

What is this thread? Embarrassing is the answer.

Port have a long and proud heritage and should have been admitted to the AFL sooner.

They won a flag in 'the Big Time League' faster than nearly every other team admitted to the comp (of the 12 teams added to the comp since the inception of the VFL, only West Coast won a flag quicker).

They're regularly competitive, making finals basically every second year, a prelim on average every 4 or so years and minor premiership on average every 6 or so.

Their attendances are fine and they have around 60K members. Their debt is going down quite quickly, whilst remaining competitive on field.

Whilst they may not be a "powerhouse of the league", they are certainly a lot more competitive than a number of other clubs and are 'above average' in most key metrics.

Weird thread.
Well it took port Adelaide their 8th season to win their 1st flag , eagles only 6.

You forgot the crows getting their 1st flag in their 7th season. But I get your point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I get the joke. LoL.

GWS and gold coast haven't won a flag yet either.

Just be lucky your team was lucky and well run from 1997-2007.
It was run well until 2004, won the flag then went into a ridiculous mission accomplished atmosphere.

Clarko was an assistant left to coach Hawthorn before the finals in 2004 & then after the flag they just let Clarko/Hawthorn gut our staff, it ran on the fumes until 2007 then the bottom fell out.

Great post mate! Thanks for the info. Our clubs aren’t so different.

We’ve been writing cheques to pay off the AFLs asset for 21 years for crowds <30,000

It’s the main reason (outside of being s**t for 20 years) we have no supporters or money.

In and of itself, it’s no biggie, so long as there is compensation for having to play Sunday at 445 every week but when Geelong make $850k for having 28,000 in the same State, it’s little wonder people have no love for AFL and that half the clubs are basically insolvent whilst the SLT rip out $35m a year in Wages.

It’s frankly disgusting.
There's a reason why Geelong make 850,000 dollars for getting 28,000 people in Kardinia park. That ground offers cheaper rent.

No doubt saints, north and dogs have a bad deal at Docklands.

But speaking about Port.... Can they hack it in the AFL? On current form yes.

Getting 35-40,000 people at Adelaide oval helps too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back