2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 10 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

11 goals scored in each of the 3rd and 4th quarters. So probably not a good defensive game for either side. Carlile going down again :( can't have helped. Was hoping Clurey would be starting to recover some confidence and form by now too.

How much do you need to go on about umpiring ffs ..21-19 Seriously? u sook. This side should be beating Glenelg at home regardless.

No carlile/hombsh now for 3-4. Seasons dust.
We left with 10 minutes to go and frees were 20-13 and Tigers up by 4 goals. What did we do to earn another 6 frees in the last 10 minutes that we weren't doing the rest of the game?
Its a genuine issue that you can't ignore.

We left with 10 minutes to go and frees were 20-13 and Tigers up by 4 goals. What did we do to earn another 6 frees in the last 10 minutes that we weren't doing the rest of the game?
Its a genuine issue that you can't ignore.
The umpire must be a Glenelg supporter..?
The genuine issue is we have AFL players like Mitchell, Ahchee, Toumpas, Colquhoun, Butcher ect and we are still s**t. No point sounding like crows fans

Last edited:
When Bobby came off Wilbur ran off to get crutches and a moon boot. When he came back someone explained and pointed to Toumpas on the bench and the look on his face said it all.

As always, thanks to the posters who get to the games and provide updates here, very much appreciated.

QQ - just going by the stats, Kane Mitchell's had consistently good form for the last few. Is he a chance for an AFL recall?

Mitchell does the hard work but his skills seem to vanish at crucial times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st quarter - Glenelg dominant, did we touch it?
2nd quarter - 180 degree form reversal, we looked great
3rd quarter - FFS, wierdly biased and uneven umpiring ground us down
4th quarter - Glenelg again dominant

Mitchell does the hard work but his skills seem to vanish at crucial times.
A bit of an unnecessary demolition job there I'd have thought. I was there until quite near the end and Mitchell was one of our hardest and most effective players. At what crucial times did you think his skills vanished?

A bit of an unnecessary demolition job there I'd have thought. I was there until quite near the end and Mitchell was one of our hardest and most effective players. At what crucial times did you think his skills vanished?
After running hard to recieve he had a relatively easy set shot and missed then had a replay of that Carlton kick where he was running forward hard, crowd building and shanked it into our fwd 50. He seems fine in and around the packs and his field kicking is generally fine as is his tackling but he just seems to not have that elite finish at crucial times.

1st quarter - Glenelg dominant, did we touch it?
2nd quarter - 180 degree form reversal, we looked great
3rd quarter - FFS, wierdly biased and uneven umpiring ground us down
4th quarter - Glenelg again dominant
Pretty well sums it up.

I would raise the question to the umpires, had they paid some of the blatant frees to us and we were 12 points down after 23 minutes and not 24, would they have paid the 6 frees that we got in the last 7 minutes? At one point in the third quarter we were running into the forward area and a goal was beckoning. The player was blatantly tripped, it wasn't called and Glenelg scored a goal from that move. Sure, our last quarter was appalling and we didn't really deserve to win but things weren't on a level playing field and haven't been for years.

I am interested to hear from someone who was at the game re the form of Tom Clurey.
IE, Is he showing enough to suggest he will be good enough to make it at AFL level?

Anyone else think that Palmer is tracking along nicely and should at least be an AFL emergency next week?

I am interested to hear from someone who was at the game re the form of Tom Clurey.
IE, Is he showing enough to suggest he will be good enough to make it at AFL level?
Looks fit again but with Bobby going down early it put a bit of pressure on him and Masters down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back