2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 10 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not trolling either. :rolleyes:Yes, I liked Mitchell's game. True, the umps are frustrating and are usually not the reason for the result yet your mob made a massive fuss a few weeks ago about them. Curious, do you think your club's response was over the top?

Glenelg or Adelaide?

If you are talking about Glenelg I'm not sure of what happened?

If referring to the Crows v Dogs game and the one umpire who paid 17 frees to the dogs and 1 to Adelaide, I don't think it had a bearing on the result.

However I think the club were in their right to request a review. If that was collingwood Eddie would have been calling for heads.

On the game at Alberton today, am interested on Port peoples thoughts on players that were forced out due to the rule changes e.g. Sawford, Milera, Johannsen and Raikiwasa. All had good games.

Glenelg or Adelaide?

If referring to the Crows v Dogs game and the one umpire who paid 17 frees to the dogs and 1 to Adelaide, I don't think it had a bearing on the result.

However I think the club were in their right to request a review. If that was collingwood Eddie would have been calling for heads.

On the game at Alberton today, am interested on Port peoples thoughts on players that were forced out due to the rule changes e.g. Sawford, Milera, Johannsen and Raikiwasa. All had good games.
milera killed us in the second half, that goal he kicked of the ground was handy....

It'd be silly to say that the umpiring definitely lost us the game, but it had a big effect. It absolutely, undeniably changed the momentum of the game.

Had we been a couple of goals up at 3QT, rather than a couple of goals down, who knows what the result would've been?

Glenelg or Adelaide?

Ok but the umpire hysteria, do you think it was a bit "over the top" by your club and supporters? Should it have been done by the club quietly, behind closed doors? As for the SANFL changes, do you mean the restrictions on our club? If so, personally, I would prefer our reserves out of the SANFL totally. The restrictions are too severe. Others may feel differently.

Not trolling .... Umpiring while favourable to the Bays, was not the reason for the result.
Eventually no. Glenelg dominated clearances in the 1st and 4th and should probably have won anyway. But we started the 3rd quarter 3 goals up and for the whole quarter Glenelg got every possible opportunity from the men in green, with the non-decisions that would have favoured us hurting us as much as the actual ones helping them. Still I think we were only 2 goals out of it at the start of the 4th and then we undeniably did pants it.

... On the game at Alberton today, am interested on Port peoples thoughts on players that were forced out due to the rule changes e.g. Sawford, Milera, Johannsen and Raikiwasa. All had good games.
That is what it is, for the Crows or Port. I'd call it a nil all for that game. The Power players in the Maggies were largely the same as those that played South 2 weeks ago and there are no utter duds pushing good top-up players out at present, which often happens. In the longer term those good top-up players will be noticed, get better offers, and move on. Every week we seem to play against more of our ex-players, your Milera being a case in point.

Such a disappointment.

Went to huddle at 3 qtr time. Chad spent all the break putting names on the white board, frowning, shaking his head, then re-arranging the deckchairs. When done, he talked one to one with Houston for 30 seconds, players spread around like Brown's cows (3 here, 2 over yonder, another couple on the periphery - not as a unit), the siren blew, Tiggers moved out to their possies, and Chad called evertone in, then spent about 15 seconds saying something no one could hear, and that was it.

No tactics, no rev, no putting the heat on the experienced guys to lead by example. And we played liked that for most of the last 20 minutes.

Crowd a bit non plussed by that. Me too!

Bays too strong, too ferocious, and miles too quick. We need to look at leg speed and hardness in our drafting from now on, cos even SANFL blokes are better than our guys in regards that, and clearly we need those types to implement Ken's game plan at senior level.

FWIW my best were Summo, Ah Chee, T Gray and Palmer.
Mitchell was fair to ok.
Billy got some good taps - good leap on him.
Rest - meh.
3 more injuries too ** sighs ** :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to alberton for the first time this year
FWIW my best were Summo, Ah Chee, T Gray and Palmer.
Mitchell was fair to ok.
Billy got some good taps - good leap on him.
Rest - meh.
3 more injuries too ** sighs ** :(

Can't disagree but thought young Bonner showed a bit and worth a mention but bloody hell, it's a tough gig playing in the Magpies forward line with the 'kick and hope someone gets it' style.

... Bays too strong, too ferocious, and miles too quick. We need to look at leg speed and hardness in our drafting from now on, cos even SANFL blokes are better than our guys in regards that ....
Glenelg were just more switched on for enough of the game that they gave the illusion of being physically better than us at those times. They weren't weaker, smaller, slower in the 2nd quarter when we looked great. Match-ups, motivation, general coaching ploys were the difference and not leg speed. etc.

Went to alberton for the first time this year

Can't disagree but thought young Bonner showed a bit and worth a mention but bloody hell, it's a tough gig playing in the Magpies forward line with the 'kick and hope someone gets it' style.
Agree with your comments. Thought Bonner played his best game for the year. Defensively was solid, had x6 I50s and used the ball really well bar that kick in mistake. Loved his goal from 55m and it seemed every time he kicked in we either scored or got the ball out of our D50. Thought Houstan showed some good signs and provided lots of options, unfortunately like you mentioned delivery into F50 was poor. Good signs from the kids.

Such a disappointment.

Went to huddle at 3 qtr time. Chad spent all the break putting names on the white board, frowning, shaking his head, then re-arranging the deckchairs. When done, he talked one to one with Houston for 30 seconds, players spread around like Brown's cows (3 here, 2 over yonder, another couple on the periphery - not as a unit), the siren blew, Tiggers moved out to their possies, and Chad called evertone in, then spent about 15 seconds saying something no one could hear, and that was it.

No tactics, no rev, no putting the heat on the experienced guys to lead by example. And we played liked that for most of the last 20 minutes.

Crowd a bit non plussed by that. Me too!

Bays too strong, too ferocious, and miles too quick. We need to look at leg speed and hardness in our drafting from now on, cos even SANFL blokes are better than our guys in regards that, and clearly we need those types to implement Ken's game plan at senior level.
Unhappy to hear that.

Perhaps Chad needs some coaching advice. We have a coaching expert for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back