Remove this Banner Ad

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well gents (and lady lurkers)...

Tonight is the night that would have been.

What are your thoughts and feelings about tonight's game?

Obviously it's only a long way to go, but West Coast are certainly in the weak half of the draw. Port > GWS > Richmond certainly poses no major fears.

Obviously it's only a long way to go, but West Coast are certainly in the weak half of the draw. Port > GWS > Richmond certainly poses no major fears.
Three interstate games? It's a West Coast nightmare

It is, but Port haven't beaten a top 8 side GWS looked like shut and Richmond is Richmond (I'll concede they looked good...)

Given Adelaide/Sydney have to beat the other and may be shot for the GF this game has incredible Bradbury potential

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory so far. Dixon is going to need to kick 20 himself to make up for his absent teammates.

West Coast look bloody good so far.

Port haven't shown up. Both teams are just punting it long into their forward line and whoever gets through to next week is going to get drubbed.

May have gone early on that call. Eagles started great but Port have lifted:

Goddamn those forward entries are Melbourne-esque though.
So it's not just me on the entry's. WC have been putrid since half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why everyone's so confident Dees would have rolled Port, it wasn't a skilful game but there was manic pressure everywhere- I haven't seen Melbourne put in that sort of effort for months. We couldn't even kick a goal against North Melbourne in Tasmania, not sure how we'd have broken through in a final the way we were playing towards the end of the year...

In any case we would have played Sydney and been killed.

Not sure why everyone's so confident Dees would have rolled Port, it wasn't a skilful game but there was manic pressure everywhere- I haven't seen Melbourne put in that sort of effort for months. We couldn't even kick a goal against North Melbourne in Tasmania, not sure how we'd have broken through in a final the way we were playing towards the end of the year...

In any case we would have played Sydney and been killed.
I reckon with the week off we'd have been a lot closer to our mid season form than our end of year form, so many blokes were knackered, the week off would have worked a treat.

If we had beat Collingwood we would have played Sydney.
Completely this.
Ideally you'd loved to have played Port in a final but for that to happen, we had to change nothing so still would have had to s**t the bed vs Pies but hope for Adelaide to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back