Review Dees v the West Coast Eagle Nisbitt-ites: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

It was getting a bit frustrating at the end when we were dominating but couldn't get a clean inside 50. I kind of liked the intent of sharing it around and trying to open up space for a lead, but most of the time it lead to a long kick inside 50.

The half forwards have been good this year at hitting up short kicks and getting overlap walk in goals in transition. Looked a bit "Hollywood" when it didn't work in a more crowed F50 but again I like how they are thinking.

The solution when the F50 is flooded is honestly get May the ball and have him sizzle a ball into a key forward. * that was good.

The solution when the F50 is flooded is honestly get May the ball and have him sizzle a ball into a key forward. * that was good.

Yeah that's two ripper passes he's hit going inside 50 in two weeks, smart use of the body from TMac too it must be said, there is no way Brown marks that.

Yeah that's two ripper passes he's hit going inside 50 in two weeks, smart use of the body from TMac too it must be said, there is no way Brown marks that.
Brown would have been standing next to May by the time the ball landed he would have gone so far under it

Not the kind of game you get much joy out of, given you expect a spanking, but it’s nice to see that we really have changed the way we move the ball since last season. Optimism took a slight beating after rd 2 but glad they’ve stuck at it.

The definition of passive aggressive yes.
Did you consider that maybe you're just lacking a sense of humour? I wasn't serious about that remark. Everybody is entitled to have their say on football - it doesn't matter if you're an expert or not. I think some people take it a bit too seriously at times, but hey, people can do it their way. You can bake me any time you like. ;)

Did you consider that maybe you're just lacking a sense of humour? I wasn't serious about that remark. Everybody is entitled to have their say on football - it doesn't matter if you're an expert or not. I think some people take it a bit too seriously at times, but hey, people can do it their way. You can bake me any time you like. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because of Willem Drew of course 🤗
Just imagine a midfielder or two like Oliver Wines or Willem Drew!
Only if they have a 23 year old Will Minson feeding them

Yes please!
In the meantime, can someone please explain Port Adelaide to me? Why we talk about them all the time.
I think TK said their midfield was better than ours in some thread. And Ollie Wines is the second coming of Jesus or something. I'm paraphrasing here so might be slightly incorrect.

I think TK said their midfield was better than ours in some thread. And Ollie Wines is the second coming of Jesus or something. I'm paraphrasing here so might be slightly incorrect.
that’s pretty much verbatim as I recall it

Man people suck at watching a game an figuring out what happened, " eagles tried to make it a scrap" the * were people watching? Eagles tried to open it up and play fast but both teams kicking skills were an abomination so the game was spent in dispute alot.
Just watched the game for the first time. Don't disagree our skills were average but reckon West Coast were all about trying to pressure us at the contest which made our skills look even worse and lead to more turnovers. Also meant they were often stuffed when we got loose because our forwardline was wide open. Didn't help us that a lot of our players made a lot of cute and lazy kicks throughout the game. Eagles fell away in the second half as pressure is hard to sustain so we opened up the lead more.

Not a lot to say about this game. Really just shat in a 10 goal win, sign of a good side I suppose. Don't think it was as ugly a game as some are making it out to be, just kind of meh and boring. Acually think our win against West Coast last year was a worse watch even though we won by more.

Grundy getting better every week. Can't wait to see him pair up with Gawn again when they are both properly match fit.

Pickett is so bloody good, do whatever it takes to keep him. Move the club to Adelaide if you have to.

Gotta respect the Eagles. They've had a lot of games over the past few years where they've been ****ed by injuries and covid but they always put in.

Just watched the game for the first time. Don't disagree our skills were average but reckon West Coast were all about trying to pressure us at the contest which made our skills look even worse and lead to more turnovers. Also meant they were often stuffed when we got loose because our forwardline was wide open. Didn't help us that a lot of our players made a lot of cute and lazy kicks throughout the game. Eagles fell away in the second half as pressure is hard to sustain so we opened up the lead more.

Not a lot to say about this game. Really just shat in a 10 goal win, sign of a good side I suppose. Don't think it was as ugly a game as some are making it out to be, just kind of meh and boring. Acually think our win against West Coast last year was a worse watch even though we won by more.

Grundy getting better every week. Can't wait to see him pair up with Gawn again when they are both properly match fit.

Pickett is so bloody good, do whatever it takes to keep him. Move the club to Adelaide if you have to.

Gotta respect the Eagles. They've had a lot of games over the past few years where they've been ****ed by injuries and covid but they always put in.
Everyone tries to pressure at the contest, not alot of teams giving up clearances to play 3 extras in defence.

Our skills were poor which didn't allow us to get it outside easily, we were happy to just play the game of attrition against them knowing we'd last longer.

Finally watched the game:
  • Grundy getting better and better and stamping himself on games, despite playing against an average ruck. Some of his tap work was sublime, seems to have a better connection with our mids than Gawny and isn't afraid to hit it to our role players in Sparrow, Rivers etc which gave us nice clearances
  • JVR backed up his great debut with another solid game. Keep him in.
  • Spargo is kicking goals as well as setting them up. Has now taken 2 strong 1v1 marks overhead and kicked goals so far, nice string to his bow to have. Him, Chandler and Fritsch are loving the faster ball movement.
  • Thought it was a pretty tough, contested game given the conditions. Heaps of tackles for both teams and WCE played well given their injuries. We're back to being the number 1 tackling team in the competition after completely falling apart last year with this. Think the hunger is back.
  • Role players are playing well which is a sign of a well functioning team. Petracca and Clarry kind of cruising at times but also showing their class when it matters. Rivers very impressive through the midfield, strong through the hips which helps him break tackles and is good overhead. Like what he adds to the mix and playing up the field suits him.
  • Bowey was a bit sloppy ball in hand - McVee is kind of stealing his thunder as he's happy to distribute off half back. Good for the team having both of them able to hit targets coming out of defence. McVee in particular is so balanced and isn't afraid to use his pace to break a line and take the game on (that intercept mark and play on in the last was electric).
  • Tmac looked okay, good for him to beat up on a weakened defence to get his confidence up as he's a confidence player.
  • Great to see Viney back to being clean and impactful. He loves playing over in Perth.
  • Kozzie generating bulk shots on goal. If he stays injury free and doesn't get rubbed out again he should make AA with the way we are moving the footy and utilizing him. Could kick 5 or 6 in a game this year.
  • Our wings are probably the best in the league and we got both of them for barely anything in draft picks.

Man people suck at watching a game an figuring out what happened, " eagles tried to make it a scrap" the * were people watching? Eagles tried to open it up and play fast but both teams kicking skills were an abomination so the game was spent in dispute alot.
But what I really want to know is, by how far would Ollie Wines be the best midfielder in our team if he played for us?

And why do you hate the English language?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back