Review Dees v West Horsham Crows: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I dunno. Adelaide have been pretty average recently, young team fading after a long season, a few key players out.

Really wanted to see us have a solid win, especially after seeing the level Pies/Port played at last night.

Dees were a bit disappointing for me today.
That's fair enough, and wins where you hang on don't normally feel as good as wins where you're chasing

Maybe I need to watch the replay, but being #ATG I really felt like we were just the better team and we always had an answer everytime they came at us.
Also Adelaide have only really been out of form the last 2 games, and have played well against all the top teams. They were always going to come out firing with their season on the line and I think we did well to win.

They're also the second highest scoring team this year, so bizarre to see them at 13th, I think they're really better than that.

Self Defense Fighting GIF

Lampers in the main board GDT

Happy to come away with the win in the end, even if it was unconvincing. Adelaide against the top-four this year:
  • Lost to Collingwood by one point
  • Lost to Collingwood by two points
  • Beat Brisbane by 17 points
  • Beat Port by 31 points
  • Lost to Melbourne by 4 points.
Obviously a bit of a danger team, so take it and run I suppose

The Good: I rate Adelaide.
The Bad: Steven May's kickout blunder which kick-started Adelaide's momentum. As well as May's fumble that led to a goal.
The Ugly: Kozzie Pickett and Lever giving away dumb 50's in crucial stages. I also felt like we could've tried harder to take more time off the clock.

That's fair enough, and wins where you hang on don't normally feel as good as wins where you're chasing

Maybe I need to watch the replay, but being #ATG I really felt like we were just the better team and we always had an answer everytime they came at us.
Also Adelaide have only really been out of form the last 2 games, and have played well against all the top teams. They were always going to come out firing with their season on the line and I think we did well to win.

They're also the second highest scoring team this year, so bizarre to see them at 13th, I think they're really better than that.
If they are at all decent odds I'm on them for top 4 next year. They can really go

Good ... Happy to get the win .
.... Kozzie had a good influence early
.... Max holding some grabs again.
.... Up yours BT
Bad .... Coughing up 50 's
.... Can we just put a team to the sword please instead of these Heart Attack dramas
Ugly .... Grundy was dropped , just admit it and move on .

Self Defense Fighting GIF

Lampers in the main board GDT

Whinging about free kick totals, such a nuffy argument :sweatsmile:.... No mention of Smith's goal being called touched with zero evidence of it being touched. Clear a sign of cheating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe overreacted a little on calling the win ‘really really poor’. Didn’t realise the crows had a strong record against the top 4.

I will however judge us pretty harshly against a bog average Richmond team.
Was a frustrating ending as we played pretty well for three quarters only to let the Crows back in. They owned the corridor for the five or so minutes of the last quarter and kicked some stupidly easy goals.

We responded though and started building our lead but again missed a few opportunities to kill the game which gave them another chance to get back in. Collingwood will destroy us if we give them that so hope we can learn from it.

The last fortnight has been a huge win for the 'Joel Smith as Sub for Versatility' crew
Joel Smith coming on as sub and having an immediate impact:

Joel Smith coming on as sub and having an immediate impact:

Jim Ross is still the GOAT lol. Need "as god as my witness, he is broken in half!" dubbed over the top of Neita splitting McCabe in two.

Also, entrance music for subs from now on please

I missed the game bc I forgot it was on, but I'm thrilled by how upset everyone on here is, it means I can get the full gameday experience without even having to watch the replay

Dees win and Ashes retained. How Good!
Morally we lost both, though

I missed the game bc I forgot it was on, but I'm thrilled by how upset everyone on here is, it means I can get the full gameday experience without even having to watch the replay

Crows must be a premiership threat looking at that. How is anyone going to beat them?

The difference between us this year and 2021 is we knew how to score when needed and we knew when to go defensive when needed. Its seems to me like we struggle to both things in game this year. We'll have a hot patch rather than a sustained period of dominance.

You’re sounding like a bunch of schoolgirls who didn’t get the Glitter Barbie they wanted for their birthday.

It was a good win against a decent side playing with fearless abandon who TWICE threw down the gauntlet at us in the last quarter and TWICE we stood up and answered.

You don’t get style points in this caper. Our blokes repeatedly dug deep and lifted when challenged … and won. Second week in row they’ve done it and now we’re 8 points and %age clear in top four.

14 other teams would kill to be in our position. We can win it (again). Believe it. Celebrate the opportunity!

Crows must be a premiership threat looking at that. How is anyone going to beat them?
If they can sneak into 8th and get an EF against us (when we inevitably fall to 5th given I can't see us winning another game), and then a SF against Collingwood, a prelim v Port, and an MCG GF against Brisbane, it's a guaranteed flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back