Review Dees v West Horsham Crows: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben brown is a beautiful kick to a lead, pity he offers very little aside from that. If we delivered the ball perfectly he’d kick 50+ but he doesn’t fit with our gameplan at all.

Surely this is the end of Ben Brown. Surely.

Crows will be talked up, Melbourne nearly bottled it etc but when the Pies beat them twice by a kick the dialogue was “how good is Collingwood”.

We’ve got work to do but Adelaide had finals on the line and played bloody well.

Take a close win and move on

The last quarter shows why I have zero confidence we do anything significant come finals time. Our worst is really bad.

Koz (apart from that absolutely *ed 50 that lead to the Walker goal) outstanding. Lever good also.

Happily take the 4 points and move on but not much to give me any sort of confidence out of today moving forward.

The last quarter shows why I have zero confidence we do anything significant come finals time. Our worst is really bad.

Koz (apart from that absolutely ******ed 50 that lead to the Walker goal) outstanding. Lever good also.

Happily take the 4 points and move on but not much to give me any sort of confidence out of today moving forward.

Nah lever was bad man didn’t you listen to Danster

We’ve opened up our game to kick a score. The ball movement is looking more aggressive and unpredictable. But you give up something to get something and it leaves us more open to counter attack.

Adelaide’s speed seemed to worry us but I thought we kept attacking enough to deserve the win.

We made a fair few silly errors in the second half. Melksham stupid push in the back and 50. Kozzy 50. May gift from FB trying to hit Rivers. No covering off the over lap run on multiple occasions. I think we got complacent when the lead got out past 30 and we were trying things.

Viney having a fantastic year, his mobility looks the best it’s been in years and his disposal has been acceptable.

Last edited:
Well, happy we got the win in the end. Crows are a good upcoming side, their percentage suggests they’ve been in most of their matches despite some losses, and close games against good sides too, just take the win and move on.

Very strong position to finish top 4 now which is still hard to believe given some of the frustration (deservedly so) on here, reckon most of us feel we should just be so much better, or at least have it show on the scoreboard, still banking wins though.

Go dees!

Koz (apart from that absolutely ******ed 50 that lead to the Walker goal) outstanding. Lever good also.

Ball movement is improving and we're surely at the end of the Brown era. Jordon might be nearly done too. We're not playing good enough yet but there's a couple of positives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the end finish GIF

Also a shoutout to McVee’s second half. Rankine touched it about 3 times, problem is the guy is such a freak that that is all he needs

Really, really poor win imo
Wait so a few weeks back, Collingwood get out to a 5 goals lead, and then Adelaide come back back and actually get a lead but Collingwood claw it back and win by under a goal down to the wire. Every here blows steam up Collingwoods ass saying "they've done it again", its one of the games of the season

Lighten up you miserable bastards jesus christ.
this is you bunch when any other team does what we did today

We absolutely have psychological problems. Once we get a 4 goal lead we back off and play a totally different style. Which is dumb as you can get because our ‘slow it down and kick long down the wing’ style gets us obliterated.

Clear pattern is we look great when we use the ball precisely out of the backline and get a handball release to Rivers/Bowey/McVee. Woewodin looks to have similar skills.

Once the old guard get their hands on it, it’s May bombing it down the wing to a stationary Gawn/Brown who get out marked.

We won this game by getting Kosi into it and with some great passages of play and individual efforts.

Yet again, nothing in the overall style to suggest we’re about to go on a tear.

Last edited:
Wait so a few weeks back, Collingwood get out to a 5 goals lead, and then Adelaide come back back and actually get a lead but Collingwood claw it back and win by under a goal down to the wire. Every here blows steam up Collingwoods ass saying "they've done it again", its one of the games of the season

Im talking about how we played today not what someone else did against the same opposition weeks ago. Why do you care so much about Collingwood?

IDGAF about how Collingwood played against Adelaide.

What? I didn’t comment on the pies crows game at all, and ive never sat there sucking the pies off for beating a mediocre team by a kick.

Somewhere in a parallel universe it’s “Uh oh Spaghetti-os”.

Homer flicking his dees scarf into the ceiling fan in the members bar at 3/4 time with a 24 point lead declaring the game over...."and that's the end of that chapter"

What? I didn’t comment on the pies crows game at all, and ive never sat there sucking the pies off for beating a mediocre team by a kick.
Im talking about how we played today not what someone else did against the same opposition weeks ago. Why do you care so much about Collingwood?

IDGAF about how Collingwood played against Adelaide.
Yeah sorry ive had a few cos I've got the day off tomorrow lol

I don't mean you guys specifically, just AFL fans and Dees fans in general here and on FB love it when other teams do exactly what we did today, but when it comes to us, it's a poor win that we should be treating it as a loss. It just seems so depressing and I hate it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back