Review Dees v West Horsham Crows: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha I said our midfield would potentially get better without Oliver in it, nothing to do with him but he's such a force around the footy everyone else takes a backward step to let him go to work. Now everyones been forced to make it happen and we aren't just tapping to the same guy. Been a blessing in disguise that almost guaranteed teaches us nothing when Oliver's back

Haha I said our midfield would potentially get better without Oliver in it, nothing to do with him but he's such a force around the footy everyone else takes a backward step to let him go to work. Now everyones been forced to make it happen and we aren't just tapping to the same guy. Been a blessing in disguise that almost guaranteed teaches us nothing when Oliver's back

Didnt I say we wouldnt miss him as much as people think and was laughed at?

Another tick for the always right gang member.

Maybe overreacted a little on calling the win ‘really really poor’. Didn’t realise the crows had a strong record against the top 4.

I will however judge us pretty harshly against a bog average Richmond team.
Feels a bit oxymoronic to me. The Tigers have won 6 of their last 8 since Hardwick walked. We should certainly beat them, but beyond the bottom 2 there are no absolutely dreadful teams this year. Hawthorn and Freo are bog average. Everyone else can beat anyone else on their day. Essendon went from 5th to 11th in a week. The ladder is pretty unprecedented.

+7.75 on clearance differential per week in the 8 games Oliver has missed. If we’d have had that all year we’d be second in the AFL for it (We also were +13 against Brisbane who are ranked #1). Now this doesn’t exactly guarantee to us playing better but it is pretty interesting.

+7.75 on clearance differential per week in the 8 games Oliver has missed. If we’d have had that all year we’d be second in the AFL for it (We also were +13 against Brisbane who are ranked #1). Now this doesn’t exactly guarantee to us playing better but it is pretty interesting.

Reckon that's more to do with the tweaks in game style than it is losing our number 1 clearance player...

Yeah, I'll admit my error on this one. Thought Trac didn't have the forward craft to make it work (plus his goal kicking had been shambolic)
Not so much an error Scy.
The big change is team wide, in our hard contesting. The boys have added the missing aggression back into they're games. the attack on the ball and player.
Maxy front and centre, has started to mark the footy once again, because he is attacking it with better 'ATTITUDE'.

but beyond the bottom 2 there are no absolutely dreadful teams this year. Hawthorn and Freo are bog average. Everyone else can beat anyone else on their day. Essendon went from 5th to 11th in a week.
The moving away from the flood style has helped more juvenile teams become more competent, and contest more equally. A minefield for younger sides with younger footy IQ and younger bodies.

Pretty simple I reckon, start of the year Oliver and Trac are the dominant mids. Especially Oliver who Gawn seems like taps to every time he can.

Now Oliver's out and Tracs more forward it means the guys are just playing as a unit, Viney has stepped up and been just as good at getting first possession as Oliver anyway and the others are just doing their jobs.

What a bloody game he played.

Clear BOG to my eye, surprised more people didn't see it that way in the votes but each to their own. Huge impact on nearly every possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back